Quilt block 1 is nearly done.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 40
Points 675
Beastsgirl Posted: Sun, Jul 27 2014 5:30 PM

I worked on the first block for my sampler quilt tonight, a Dresden Plate. It's very nearly done and I am so pleased with it. On a grumpy note my sewing machine has packed up while I was working on a bag project so it looks like it will have to go back to the shop. I've only had it since January...Boo!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,820
Points 246,537
Thea replied on Fri, Aug 15 2014 7:38 AM

How is it going with your block?  Did you get your sewing machine back yet?  I hope so - I would seriously be depressed and in sewing withdrawal pains if mine broke anytime.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 40
Points 675

Hey Thea, 

I did finish piecing the block I just have to put it on the backing fabric and I am nearly done on a second one for my sampler quilt. It's called a fancy flower garden. It has turned out OK too. I sourced some more fabric today, we had a delivery at work which had some pretty red and gold  swirly fabric which will go perfectly with the stuff I already have :-) I have got my machine back in working order to so that is good. Somehow a rough patch had occurred on the bobbin case which was making the threads catch and jam up. I had to replace the case and I am so happy to have it up and running again. I've been sewing up a storm, under strict kitty supervision :-) 

Thank you for asking 

Hayley xx

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use