Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 40
Points 675
Beastsgirl Posted: Sat, Jul 26 2014 5:00 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm Hayley a keen but fairly new quilter. I'm very excited to have found a place to learn about and share the new love of my life. I have always been very interested in crafts but I only came to quilting recently. A new Job in a local craft shop has inspired me to learn to make quilts. I have made three quilts in the past year, all very basic and certainly not perfect but each one has been a labour of love and I have learnt so much during each process. I am currently  working on two quilts,  a log cabin quilt for a throw in my lounge and a traditional sampler quilt that I am hand piecing. I am looking forward to chatting some of you soon

Hayley xx

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,509
Points 30,680
Diana replied on Sat, Jul 26 2014 7:04 PM

Hello Hayley and Welcome from East Tennessee in USA.   We all enjoy sharing our love of quilting.  Any questions you have or need help with, just ask away.  We have a few here from the UK so you're not alone.  Look around and enjoy yourself.

Diana in East Tn.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,645
Deb replied on Sat, Jul 26 2014 8:20 PM

Welcome, Hayley!!! Glad you came to join us in the quilting love!

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,446
Points 176,318
Marie replied on Sun, Jul 27 2014 9:59 AM

Hi Hayley and welcome to the site, nice to have you here with us.  I'm from Massachusetts just west of Boston, USA.  Do you have pictures of the quilts you've made?  We love pics!  Post often, we'd love to get to know you.  (((((HUGS)))))

Marie

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Posts 40
Points 675
Beastsgirl replied on Sun, Jul 27 2014 11:51 AM

Hi Diana,

Thank you for your kind message, I am hoping to learn lots by chatting with everyone here :-) 

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 40
Points 675
Beastsgirl replied on Sun, Jul 27 2014 11:57 AM

Hey Marie,

Thank you for your welcome, I do have pics of a couple of my quilts. I will post them once I figure my way around here. Can't wait to get to know you all :-) 

Hayley xx

Not Ranked
Posts 40
Points 675
Beastsgirl replied on Sun, Jul 27 2014 12:00 PM

Thank you for the message Deb, I appreciate you taking the time to say Hi. 

Hayley xx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Mon, Jul 28 2014 10:36 PM

Hi Hayley, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Posts 40
Points 675

Thanks Gini,

I'm looking forward to getting to know people here.

Hayley :-) 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 283
Points 4,605

Welcome, Hayley! I'm sure you'll enjoy spending time with this group. There's a lot of experience, exceptional talent, (amazing quilting, and photography that is shared) and loads of inspiration, mixed with lots of conversation!

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 599
Points 9,530
Joyce replied on Tue, Jul 29 2014 11:50 AM

Hi Haley, greetings from Maryland.  What part of the UK are you from?  Lot's of good help and friendly folks here on this site.  

Joyce

from Md

Not Ranked
Posts 40
Points 675

Thank you for your welcome, it is very much appreciated :-) 

Not Ranked
Posts 40
Points 675

Hi Joyce,

Thank you for the warm welcome :-) I am from a city called Norwich which is in the county of Norfolk situated on the East coast of England. It's quite a big city but we live in a village on the outskirts so it pretty quiet here :-) 

Hayley xx

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 281
Points 4,280

Hayley  welcome from Florida, I'm happy to meet you.  I only started to quilt last year and I have done tons of potholder, placemats and one lap quilt and one queen size.   The quilts turned out pretty good, but I wore out several seem ripper to get almost perfection. I also love to make sewing machine covers and doggy toys.  :~)

Marianne

Not Ranked
Posts 40
Points 675
Beastsgirl replied on Wed, Jul 30 2014 10:53 AM

Hey Marianne,

thank you for your welcome. I love Florida and have been there many times. Your projects sound very interesting and I look forward to chatting with you about them.

Hayley xx

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use