Top 10 Posters

I hope that I finally managed to minimize the picture of my Singer 201 and the cover I made for her.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 306
Points 4,625
Marianne Nowicki Posted: Mon, Jul 21 2014 3:33 PM

I'm holding my breath!!! 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 306
Points 4,625

Oh goody, I really managed to  minimize the pictures.  Marianne

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 815
Points 15,460

Your machine is beautiful and I absolutely love the cover you made!  Such nice work!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,226
Points 18,945
weezee56 replied on Mon, Jul 21 2014 7:44 PM

Your Singer is so pretty and I love your cover. Did you design the  (machine)on the cover yourself.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,881
Points 40,565
ls2116 replied on Mon, Jul 21 2014 8:09 PM

Awesome cover for a great looking vintage machine.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 306
Points 4,625

Thank you Carol.  I had fun making the cover.  My machine came without a box or cover.  I read that they made this model in either hand crank or  with a gear driven motor and a knee lever to run the machine.  I had a New Home that came with the knee lever.   My DH installed this Singer into the cabinet that came with my first Singer Athena 2000. 

Marianne

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,594
Points 26,785
Debbie replied on Tue, Jul 22 2014 4:57 AM

Nice looking machine, Marianne - so shiny!  did you just wing your cover or did you have a pattern?  I need to make one another one for mine, made a  quick and easy one, no quilting, just one layer of fabric, but you are giving me ideas.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 306
Points 4,625

Weezee, Yes, the machine on the cover is a  home made design.  It's easy, just draw something on paper that has the form or figure of the sewing machine and  put that on black fabric and cut it out.   I quilted the cover for the machine on the machine and I used  a plastic machine to embroider the stitch regulator.  That stitch regulator doesn't show up all that good in the picture of the machine. She came threaded with red thread and  I "threaded" the machine on the cover with red thread.  I had fun with that.  That is the third sewing machine cover I made. The other covers are for my Janome and my Singer Quantum 6000.  The last one is an embroidery/sewing machine.

Marianne

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 306
Points 4,625

Debbie,

thanks for the compliment.  I have no pattern.  I watched on Youtube how to measure the machine and I made the first two covers out of a old bed sheet. Waste not want not!  I practiced machine quilting on all covers. I  also watched a woman on Youtube embroidering with  a zigzag machine.  Put fabric into an embroidery frame with stabilizer behind it and draw  a picture.  My cover has the scissors and a thimble.   The thimble doesn't show up in the picture.   I'm learning by watching Youtube, since I can't take classes.  I have severe allergy to manmade chemicals, that includes all scents, perfumes and so on.   I wear an odor filtering mask when I go shopping, but it makes breathing hard.  I can't sit an hour or two through  a class and I can't order people to wear no scent and to wash their clothing in scent free detergent.  Marianne

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 306
Points 4,625

thanks for the compliment Is2116

Marianne

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use