Top 10 Posters

I showed of my Singer 201 made in 1948 and she came without a cover. I made her a cover

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 9 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
310 Posts
Points 4,690
Marianne Nowicki posted on Mon, Jul 21 2014 8:42 AM

My Singer 201 came with out a box or a cover, so I made her one. I might have gone a little overboard decorating it.  It comes with her likeness in front.  The Singer arrived with a red spool of thread.  She has that I added a thimble and scissors. I "threaded" her and I even put red thread into the needle.   I had fun!  The back of the cover has the  backside or the machine. It was a little mistake ironing the cut out down with the wrong side up.  The second  picture shows the back panel before  I sewed it all together.  The machine is now installed in my first Singer cabinet.  Marianne

• | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
3,630 Posts
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Mon, Jul 21 2014 9:04 AM

Your Singer cover is so very cute.     Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
25,027 Posts
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Mon, Jul 21 2014 10:22 AM

Very nice Marianne.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
310 Posts
Points 4,690

Ginny, thanks but only half the cover is showing.  I tried again after I minimized the picture and once again only half is showing?  I must make a mistake?  Marianne.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
310 Posts
Points 4,690

Kris, thanks.  the left side isn't showing.  I  embroidered the stitch regulator on.  Maybe I need to take two  pictures to post?   Marianne

Top 10 Contributor
Female
25,027 Posts
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Mon, Jul 21 2014 5:09 PM

I can see the whole photo Marianne. The page has frames which is why your photo appears cut off. You can view the whole thing by clicking on the photo. I read the threads here via email so I saw the whole photo before coming here to reply.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,536 Posts
Points 417,914
gini replied on Mon, Jul 21 2014 11:35 PM

cute, great idea

gini in north idaho

Top 200 Contributor
Female
310 Posts
Points 4,690

Chris, thank you for telling me to click on the picture.   I minimizes the cover until the thimble doesn't show anymore.    I had fun making that cover and the covers for my modern sewing machines.   I used to have fun with crayons and now I'm doing it with thread. 

Marianne

Top 500 Contributor
Female
227 Posts
Points 3,640
Deb replied on Tue, Jul 22 2014 5:59 AM

Nice cover, Marianne!! And thanks for sharing alittle of your life story! Enjoyed reading it!! My great Grammy(who came by herself, Pappy was killed) was from Germany who came to America to escape the harsh treatment there. She wouldn't let her three boys speak German and didn't breathe the word Jew. I guess when you face that kind of terror , you want nothing to do with it!! So I guess if I want to learn German , I will have to learn it by lessons. :)

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

Top 200 Contributor
Female
310 Posts
Points 4,690

Thanks Deb,

I'm having fun "decorating" my covers. If you want to learn German you can try at your local library.  Check if they have the Pimsleur  Language program in German?  We're trying to learn Mandarin Chines that way and we're trying to re-fresh our Italien.   We  listen and we're trying to repeat what was said.  It is supposed to teach the language accent free.  Yea, good luck with that one.  I can't get rid of my accent.

Marianne

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use