rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 12
Points 180
Helen Posted: Sat, Jul 19 2014 7:48 AM

Hey All,

I've gotten the Postage Stamp bug.  I'm wondering how many of you have made a Postage Stamp Quilt and have pictures to share.  How long did it take you to complete the quilt?

If anyone is doing a Postage Stamp Quilt and would like to trade fabric, let me know.

Helen

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,907
Points 33,200
Roxana replied on Sat, Jul 19 2014 8:43 PM

Helen:

Hey All,

I've gotten the Postage Stamp bug.  I'm wondering how many of you have made a Postage Stamp Quilt and have pictures to share.  How long did it take you to complete the quilt?

If anyone is doing a Postage Stamp Quilt and would like to trade fabric, let me know.

Helen

Helen, many of us participated in a postage stamp swap a year ago. That's not to say others would like it again. What size are you looking to collect? How many do you want?

Also, join the Fabric Swaps group. We have lots of new members. Post on the SWAP IDEAS #2 thread and ask if anyone is interested.

keep me in the loop as I am one of the Owners of the Swaps Group. 

I think that a few of the gals from last years swap have started their quilts. We have found several patterns that we like. I've only sorted my squares. I keep cutting scraps though!

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 12
Points 180
Helen replied on Sat, Jul 19 2014 8:49 PM

Thank you.  I'm collecting 2-inch squares.  I have no idea how many I need or will use because I don't really have a design in mind except that it will be for a queen-size bed.

Helen

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 24
Points 1,400
HeidiJoC replied on Sun, Jul 20 2014 12:17 AM

Hi Helen,

I'm working on collecting 1" squares for a Postage Stamp quilt. I currently have a shoe box full of little squares. Though I am considering using my collection of 2 1/2" candies for that kind of quilt too.

Heidi

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 12
Points 180
Helen replied on Sun, Jul 20 2014 5:49 AM

Hi Heidi,

My friends thought I was "crazy" for doing 2-inch charms...LOL

How many have you accumulated so far?  I'm turning mine into little Hexies.

Helen

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,907
Points 33,200
Roxana replied on Sun, Jul 20 2014 5:51 AM

Here's a good tutorial on making a basic postage stamp quilt.

Somewhere I had a chart on how many squares it took to make a queen size quilt. I'll keep looking. That site is full of info on the postage stamp quilts though.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 12
Points 180
Helen replied on Sun, Jul 20 2014 6:02 AM

Thank you Roxana.  I've been to this site but at the time, I didn't have enough fabric to swap (100 min. per swap).  Hopefully, I'll be able to participate in the next swap.

Helen

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,907
Points 33,200
Roxana replied on Sun, Jul 20 2014 11:32 AM

Helen, if you want to read about the postage stamp swap that we had last year, please read this thread.

I also found a chart telling you how many of various sizes postage stamp charms you need for different sizes of quilts.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 12
Points 180
Helen replied on Sun, Jul 20 2014 11:49 AM

Thank you for the chart.  OMG!  I have a very long way to go...LOL

Helen

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,907
Points 33,200
Roxana replied on Sun, Jul 20 2014 1:57 PM

Helen, I sent you a friend request. Please accept it!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,618
Points 48,375
Debbie-do replied on Fri, Jul 25 2014 2:18 PM

My squares are all sorted :)  My son was supposed to create a digitized picture for me to make with them but it hasn't happened and I'm beginning to think it won't.  I've got some other ideas on how to use them including that OMIGOSH pattern but that will leave plenty for another.  We shall see. Helen, I'm in TX too near San Antonio.  Where are you?  There are lots of Texas gals here!

Southwest of San Antonio

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 12
Points 180
Helen replied on Fri, Jul 25 2014 3:26 PM

Currently, I'm in Alpine (Big Bend Country) but I'm hoping to go back to Dallas soon.

Helen

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 12
Points 180
Helen replied on Fri, Jul 25 2014 3:40 PM

Wow!  I just looked at some images for the OMIGOSH Quilt, those quilts are to die for!

Helen

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 24
Points 1,400
HeidiJoC replied on Wed, Aug 13 2014 12:05 AM

Hi Helen,

I'm not sure how many, but I have a shoe box full of tiny squares. I have tons of scraps that are just waiting for me to take the time to continue cutting them up. If it measures less than 2", it gets cut down to 1" squares and added to the collection. I'm currently trying to decide if I want to place them randomly or create some kind of pattern. I'm sure once I accumulate a few shoe boxes full, I'll come up with something. I'm not good with no organization at all, so I am sure some kind of pattern will emerge.

Heidi

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use