Sewing chair

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 22 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 368
Points 5,395

Carol, my Koala chair is very comfy and also has wheels or rollers (whatever they're called!).  If I can find the model number of it I'll let you know.  I'd post a picture but I don't know how to do that yet!

Roxana, I'm sitting here still wishing my sewing room looked like yours!  I used to be very organized but not so much the last 5-7 years.  Can you post more pictures of your sewing room so we can be inspired even more?  I think I will check into those boards but not sure where I'd find the crates.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Barbara

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 813
Points 15,435

Barbara from California:

Carol, my Koala chair is very comfy and also has wheels or rollers (whatever they're called!).  If I can find the model number of it I'll let you know.  I'd post a picture but I don't know how to do that yet!

Roxana, I'm sitting here still wishing my sewing room looked like yours!  I used to be very organized but not so much the last 5-7 years.  Can you post more pictures of your sewing room so we can be inspired even more?  I think I will check into those boards but not sure where I'd find the crates.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Barbara, to post a photo, click on the little green filmstrip icon at the top of the Reply box. That will allow you to select a photo that is stored on your computer. I's appreciate a model number if you can't get the photo to work. Thanks!    A few years ago I got some crates at Walmart. I used them for fabric before I moved my sewing room to the basement. I have shelves now.  Since it's back to school shopping time now, the crates should be inexpensive.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,906
Points 33,150
Roxana replied on Sat, Jul 19 2014 11:28 AM

Barbara from California:

Might do that...

I bought the chair and the crates at OFFICE DEPOT. I think they are also OFFICE MAX now too. They aren't very expensive at all. I also ordered some online. I put a link in. The cool thing about the crates are that they have stacking ability in that they nestle into the one below it. Look at the link.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 368
Points 5,395

Thanks for teaching me how to add pictures Carol....surprised I could do it!!   LOL  Here are pictures of my chair.  I think this link has the same chair but you might be able to get it elsewhere cheaper because I didn't pay that much!

Happy shopping!

Barbara

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 368
Points 5,395

Ooops!!   I forgot to add the link in last message.  DUH!!  Here it is:   http://www.sewvacdirect.com/koala-sew-comfort-chair-mocha-fabric-brazilian-cherry-base/?gclid=CNK7w7_z0b8CFQiDfgodrjEArg

Barbara

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 50

Wow. Are you really that neat and clean.. My husband and I share a old galley kitchen for 2 computers, embormier, sewing machine. 6 foot counter serves as my main working area. Which is always full, full. Have 5 selves of books,etc. in cabinets. Plus basement area.  Always looking for more room.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 306
Points 4,625

Carol,

My DH and I are both using office chairs with no arm rests.  We bought them, because they were the most cost effective.  They have rollers and the height can be adjusted.   I wish that I had a chair with brakes on the roller, because the chair rolls away when I'm practicing my treadling.

Marianne

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 813
Points 15,435

I ended up getting a Koala chair. It's the same as Barbara's except I got the white frame. It is very comfortable!

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use