Page 4 of 5 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 60 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,572
Points 51,625
Ginny replied on Wed, Jul 23 2014 2:52 PM

Marge, It is so good to hear from you and know that everything is going to be alright.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 288
Points 4,705

Don't you just love it... they've had a major disaster in their valley and what are these gals doing as soon as they're allowed back into their homes?  Quilting, of course! Really made me smile to read your note, Marge. So happy that your homes were not lost and life will gradually be returning to routines as lines are repaired, etc. Wonderful news.    

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 821
Points 13,475

Quilting is the ultimate cure for whatever ails us. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,304
Points 29,595
Agnes replied on Wed, Jul 23 2014 6:43 PM

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:

Quilting is the ultimate cure for whatever ails us. 

Donna--Well said. Actually for us it is quilting but any thing that keeps our minds off problems is worth more than its weight in gold. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 289
Points 4,460

OMG, I am so sorry, Patti. So much happening. I pray for your daughter, too. Hugs.  Mall of America Deb

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 289
Points 4,460

Now caught up on messages. So glad all three are safe. I have wonderful memories of the two quilt retreats I attended in Leavenworth and think of all the fabulous quilters I met there. You are all awesome people, and I learned so much! Everyone be safe. Mall of America Deb

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Good to hear from you, Marge. Glad our prayers were answered.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,952
Points 368,312
Kris replied on Wed, Jul 23 2014 11:12 PM

Thanks for checking in Marge. I'm happy you've returned home and are well.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,784
Points 122,575

Good news Marge P, thanks so much for posting. I also have to smile when you said you and DonnaB are quilting. Of COURSE that's a priority. I go into withdrawals. LOL

I've been watching your weather over there and keeping toes, eyes and fingers crossed you all stay safe.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,461
Points 416,734
gini replied on Thu, Jul 24 2014 8:53 AM

we got your thunder storms late yesterday afternoon, marge.  power is out to nearly 40.000 homes. several small fires were started by lightening,  but quickly put out.  we cooked dinner for mom and dad on the nephew's barbeque by lantern.    I am enjoying our brief cool down, we'll be back in the 90's shortly

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Jul 24 2014 7:41 PM

So glad you are all safe and home again. STAY THAT WAY!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Fri, Jul 25 2014 4:55 PM

Just got the good news that our power has been restored!  This is an amazing feat with all the poles that were burnt.  The folks worked 16 hour days and came in from all over to add to the man power.

I just talked to DonnaB's husband and she was in the shower!  She may stay in there for awhile to make up for the lost showers the past week. LOL

Patti is in a different valley from ours and the area was hit pretty hard so don't know if their power is up or not.  She had planned to go to Wenatchee today so if she is not home yet, she probably doesn't know anything about it.  Their electric panel was shot so that would take some time to get it fixed.

DonnaB's husband said they had made an error in calculation of houses lost in this whole thing and it is supposed to be 300.  I just can't imagine that.  So very sad.  Summer is still here and will be for a couple months so lets all hope and pray that there are no more fires.

Thanks all for all the prayers and positive thoughts for folks in our area.

Marge P

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Fri, Jul 25 2014 4:58 PM

Gini - hope your power is back on and there are no sleepers after the storm.  My DH is getting pretty good cooking on the barbecue.  But we are very happy to have the regular power back on.  DSIL and DD are on their way to put us back on to the regular power and unhook the generator.   Take care.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,784
Points 122,575

A shower! Donna may never come out. LOL. Thanks for update Marge

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,304
Points 29,595
Agnes replied on Fri, Jul 25 2014 10:36 PM

Marge--Great to hear you are getting back to normal. Power is such a necessity for all our gadgets and things we take for granted.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Page 4 of 5 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use