Page 3 of 5 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 60 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Jul 20 2014 8:30 PM

I think of Patti, Donna, and Marge every morning and every night and severall times during the day.  They all remain in my prayers.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,752
Points 38,885
ls2116 replied on Sun, Jul 20 2014 11:22 PM

Oh my how devastating to lose so much.  I can't imagine... my moms house burnt when I was younger and she lost so much... Anyone ever think of doing a donation of fabric for them when they make contact again here something to help them restablish their fabric stash.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,290
Points 29,135
Agnes replied on Mon, Jul 21 2014 7:30 AM

None of the three lost their houses. As far as I know Donna never had to leave. Patti and Marge are going home today. They will be running the electrical necessities of their homes by generator for quite possibly months because of all the power lines lost in the fire.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,760
Points 66,990
Bonita replied on Mon, Jul 21 2014 7:35 AM

Thanks Agnes, for sharing that good news. It will be a long summer with just the generators running.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,542
Points 51,250
Ginny replied on Mon, Jul 21 2014 9:11 AM

Thanks for the great news about our friends, Agnes.   It will be somewhat difficult keeping the generators running, I imagine.  I mean in having to get fuel for them all of the time, but at least their homes are there.  I imagine big cleanups for them also.  If I had any excess energy to give them to go on, I certainly would.   

Thanks for keeping us updated.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jul 21 2014 10:20 AM

God is good!

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,831
Points 366,107
Kris replied on Mon, Jul 21 2014 10:24 AM

Thanks for the update Agnes.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,752
Points 38,885
ls2116 replied on Mon, Jul 21 2014 10:38 AM

Thanks for updating me Agnes,  I know I would be lost without my sewing machines or fabric glad to hear they have theirs.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

So glad to here they still have their homes.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 781
Points 12,630

That is wonderful news.  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 244
Points 3,495

Great news!  I am so happy to hear they are all safe and didn't lose their homes.  What a blessing.  I continue to pray for those who were not as fortunate.

Barbara

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,645
Deb replied on Mon, Jul 21 2014 6:56 PM

Thanks, Agnes for the update! Thankful that their homes are safe! 

Will still be praying for those that did lose a home!!

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 601
Points 9,570
Joyce replied on Mon, Jul 21 2014 7:19 PM

Thank you Agnes and Thank God that our friends didn't loose their homes.  What a scary thing.  I appreciate the update.  I've been telling my DH each day on the updates.

Joyce

from Maryland

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,451
Points 176,358
Marie replied on Wed, Jul 23 2014 6:45 AM

Thanks for the update Agnes, my prayers continue for them and all the people in that area.

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Wed, Jul 23 2014 11:54 AM

Yes, THANKS Agnes for keeping the gals up to date on us.  As you know, Patti went home on Monday as we did also.  She has more to deal with as they won't have water for awhile.  We are very fortunate to have water from our well and of course thanks to the generator my DSIL brought up, we have power.  We are running the generator for about 14 hours a day and just turn it off overnight.

We just got our internet back last night - DonnaB doesn't have any internet service yet as they have a different provider.  As long as we have our power on, we get it okay.  DH figures the regular power will be back on tonight as I think they are giving our valley priority.  Course we will  be on generator power until DSIL comes back over and changes us back to regular power.  When he was here fixing us up, he took some of our lost freezer stuff up to a neighbor's big garbage dumpster.  He didn't return for two hours and that was because he was hooking up a generator for them.  He is a real jewel!   So nice to have an electrician in the family.

It costs a lot to keep the generator going but it is a trade off - spend the money in a motel and not be home or spend it on gas and BE HOME!  No problem figuring out which way to go.

They are predicting thunder storms today - this valley doesn't need any more of that. 

DonnaB will be down tomorrow to finish quilting a quilt for a contest on another site.  I am not able to use the longarm from the back side due to mobility issues so she came and finished the Easy Street quilt from 2013 that had been on the frame for well over a year.  I was using one of the Loricle quilting boards and it was more than half done.  It is now DONE and I am working on the binding.  In return she will be doing a couple of her quilt tops.  A win-win situation for sure.  She did really well on the longarm except for the fact she is a lefty and my machine has the start button on the right side and that gives her fits.

So we thank all of you for your prayers and concerns.  We all appreciate it greatly.

MargeP

• | Post Points: 65
Page 3 of 5 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use