Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 130
betteboop1999 Posted: Wed, Jul 16 2014 7:57 AM

Just joined the group.  I love being involved in quilting groups both online and locally.  I joined the BOM with Craftsy for 2 years and really loved it.  I've recently relocated to NC from the Seattle area and find I'm a little bit lost.  I'm hoping this group will keep me active in the quilting arena.  I consider myself a novice quilter even though I've made several quilts.  I know I can learn more just by doing.  Can't wait to get acqainted with all y'all and can't wait to get started on a new project.

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Wed, Jul 16 2014 8:04 AM

Hi and welcome betteboop, nice to have you join us, you will enjoy this great group, we'll keep you busy.  Lots of things happening on QCA so look around and join a group or two and have fun!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 5,325

Hi betteboop,

Welcome.  This is a great group of quilters.  They will keep you challenged and amazed at their fabulous projects.  Don't forget to post pics of your projects.

Barbara

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,545
Points 417,024
gini replied on Wed, Jul 16 2014 10:02 AM

hi betteb, welcome to the group.   you are no longer a novice with several quilts under your belt.  you are a solid beginner.    :  )    we lived in the seattle area for years and retired home to Idaho a few years ago.    I miss the cool drizzly days.  

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Wed, Jul 16 2014 10:25 AM

Hi Bette Boop,  I have a friend that has been called that for years and years, and I have a granddaughter the loves anything Bette Boop.   Enjoy your time here and just jump right in.  That was quite a move from Seattle to NC.  Hopefully you can find some local quilting friends as well.  It is always good when you can find a close by friend that has the same vices that you do.     Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Wed, Jul 16 2014 12:24 PM

Welcome BetteBoop.  

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 30
Megan replied on Wed, Jul 16 2014 2:14 PM

Hi Bette-

I just joined too.

I feel like I have so much to learn and am excited to explore the wealth of info here.

Most of my quilting has been done from watching YouTube videos. I am finally taking a "proper" quilting class and am amazed at all the things that I was doing wrong! After just 2 classes my blocks look so much better!

Meg

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 346
Points 15,820
qcarachel replied on Wed, Jul 16 2014 2:52 PM

Hello Bette and Megan!

We are so excited to have you here on QCA! I am the QCA Admin Rachel. It is my full time job to make sure QCA runs smoothly and offers you everything you need for quilting! If you have any questions about quilting-the ladies will take care of you :) If you have any questions about the site, etc, I'm your gal.

If you would like to stay up to date on what's going on with QCA and all the exciting events we're putting on, check out my Admin blog. It can be found on the top red navigation bar on the homepage.

Once again, welcome!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,048
Points 369,207
Kris replied on Sat, Jul 19 2014 3:12 PM

Welcome Bette.

Welcome Megan.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,945
Points 33,780
Roxana replied on Sat, Jul 19 2014 4:25 PM

Welcome Bette and Megan! You'll love it here. We are a fun and faithful group. Spend some time on the site and find some groups you are interested in. Then join in and have fun. We are all about having fun! I'm so glad that both of you are here! Let us know if you have any questions.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use