Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,916
Points 124,905
Judy T-Bellingham Posted: Sun, Jul 13 2014 1:19 PM

Our local shop just started carrying Marilee's Numbered Q Pins. 

Has anyone used these things? I see that Keepsake Quilting carries them.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 2:11 PM

It doesn't say what mm. They are.  I like very thin pins

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,916
Points 124,905

gini:

It doesn't say what mm. They are.  I like very thin pins

I do too. Although these are for a specific purpose so I might be able to make do with something thicker. I'm going to stop by the quilt shop tomorrow and look at them. I'll let you know.

When I arrange rows and strips on my wall, I cannot, absolutely cannot, keep things in order for sewing. I think I have them stacked correctly but my brain fizzles and dies and confusion sets in almost immediately. So I end up taking pieces down two at a time, stitch the seam and then add another block. 

I don't know if these pins would help. The shop has them on special for $15.00 for 120 numbered pins. I'm going to take blocks down and have them demonstrated.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 141
Points 2,165

Judy, I have the same problem, and no wall to put blocks on.  I use the small labels you can get in packages of 500...also available as circles, both white, and colored.  I label blocks and strips with the number for the row and column... 1:1, 1:2, 2:2, etc.  They don't stay stuck on long enough for the adhesive to be an issue, but have been very helpful.  Someone on here, did a figure 8 bargello, and those labels kept me sane when I did mine.  I took a class, and the instructor was very happy to get the labels I offered her.  Whoever did the figure 8 on here, thank you.  You gave me courage and incentive to tackle new things and stretch and grow my quilting and piecing skills.  I decided to stay with the labels and not do the Q pins because of the small size of the heads for adding additional information.

stitcheraz

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,916
Points 124,905

stitcheraz:
I decided to stay with the labels and not do the Q pins because of the small size of the heads for adding additional information.

Thanks for the input. I've tried sticky's with varying results.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use