I want to show of my Singer 201-2

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 61 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
283 Posts
Points 4,305
Marianne Nowicki posted on Thu, Jul 10 2014 5:10 AM

My Singer was "born" in 1948, she's 5 years younger than I am and she sews like a sewing machine should.  she has been cleaned and oiled and she looks good to me.  I finished a pillow case on her and she didn't balk at the several layers of material when I made the French seam over the piping and the sleeve.  I had looked at a Featherweight, but the bobbin placement is a bit to difficult for me to manage exchanging bobbins etc with my left hand. 

My singer 201 has the bobbin case on top and that's easier for me.   The singer 201 came with an instruction booklet and when I opened it, I saw the name Rose Loveless written inside on the first page.  I'm guessing that she was owned by a Rose, before she came to Marianne?  Look at her pretty face :-)

• | Post Points: 140

All Replies

Top 500 Contributor
Female
283 Posts
Points 4,305

Thea, I was that Master in hook baiting  during our first years in the USA.  Later we went to evening high school classes  to learn about American Government before we were naturalized.  We both earned our high school diploma at the same time.   I love to read about your life and I would like it very much if we could exchange email addresses?  mc.man43@gmail.com  

Marianne

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
283 Posts
Points 4,305

Ginny,

Germany has a similar problem with Turks.  There are tons of them living there and when I google places in Berlin, one can choose to read the website in German, English or Turkish? 

Marianne

• | Post Points: 5
Page 5 of 5 (62 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use