Top 10 Posters

which is your favorite quilt magazine and why?

Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 17 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,894
Points 69,195
Bonita replied on Fri, Jul 11 2014 9:46 PM

I've just about let all of mine go. But I did like McCall's, Fon's and Porter mags. I do get the Block from MSQC I like it she has quilts I might want to make some day. There are so many free patterns on line that I print out on the chance I wll get around to making one of them,have a binder full of those.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,529
Points 31,110
Diana replied on Sat, Jul 12 2014 3:42 AM

I'm like Bonita.  I've let all my subscriptions run out.  I have more mags and patterns than I will ever make in my lifetime.  I've started tearing out patterns I like and put them in binders.  Then passing the rest of the magazine to my cleaning lady since she's also a quilter.  I told her I didn't want to see the mags back at my house.  Pass them along until they are trashed.  I'll be able to use the space they took up for more fabric...LOL

Diana in East Tn.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,560
Points 47,935

At the moment I have let all of my subscriptions run out. I just renewed my membership to QCA so will get Easy Quilts again. I am currently getting ready to sandwich a quilt from Easy Quilts 2009, and have made a couple of quilts from other magazines. I like Quilt Maker, Love of Quilting and McCalls the best. I enjoy seeing the advertisements for new lines of fabric and new products. I enjoy looking through my old magazines for ideas on how to quilt a quilt or solve some other problem, I also like to look for block patterns. I have gotten tired of seeing the trends in quilts. I can appreciate the white background with bright colors, but does every issue of every magazine have to feature them? Whine, complain, LOL. I made one and like it, but probably won't make another.I have been thinking about getting a digital subscription or two to save some money over hard copies. Haven't gotten past the thinking stage yet. I confess that I look through my old magazines on a fairly regular basis for inspiration. 

• | Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use