Page 3 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 41 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 601
Points 9,570
Joyce replied on Sun, Jul 6 2014 2:52 PM

Judy I llove your pillow cases too.  I make them using this method also but had never heard it called the hot dog method.  I like it.  I have several cut out to make for my gc and need to get busy on them or Christmas will be here and gone and they will still be in my bag.  I want to make some for a lady that is shut in and recently moved to a new apt where she can get meals, & baths etc.  She uses about 8 pillows at a time.  I thought some pretty cases would make her feel better.  It is just  finding the time.  It takes me a lot longer than 10 min to make them.  You are fast.  

Joyce

from Maryland

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 601
Points 9,570
Joyce replied on Sun, Jul 6 2014 2:55 PM

I was going to say Missouri Star u tube.  It is goodl

Joyce

Maryland

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,681
Points 120,595

Joyce:
 It takes me a lot longer than 10 min to make them.  You are fast.  

Thanks Joyce. I've made so many, I can make them in my sleep I think.  But it can take me an hour to pick the fabrics for one pillow case.

George just looked over my shoulder (he's always doing that!) and made a scoffing noise. "Oh com'on it takes you more than 10 minutes!".  So, the next one I make I will set the stop watch. That'll show him! (or maybe make a liar out of me?) LOL

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,840
Points 32,045
Roxana replied on Sun, Jul 6 2014 5:04 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Thanks Joyce. I've made so many, I can make them in my sleep I think.  But it can take me an hour to pick the fabrics for one pillow case.

George just looked over my shoulder (he's always doing that!) and made a scoffing noise. "Oh com'on it takes you more than 10 minutes!".  So, the next one I make I will set the stop watch. That'll show him! (or maybe make a liar out of me?) LOL

Will George be running the stop watch while you make them in your sleep? You are so talented! Thanks for the chuckle. I know it takes me three times the amount of time to sew as it does for me to pick out the fabric to use! LOL!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 782
Points 12,635

Oh my goodness. You ladies rock. I love the video tutorial. Thank you so much. Can't wait to make some of these with my scraps. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 24
Points 355
Kate replied on Mon, Jul 7 2014 6:21 PM

I haven't seen the hot dog method, but I, too like French Seams on my pillowcases.  These look great!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 50

Where can I get the period?    Please

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 50

Where can I get the pattern?  Please

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,840
Points 32,045
Roxana replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 12:04 PM

Virginia :

Where can I get the pattern?  Please

Judy T posted this link earlier in the thread. It's a great tutorial by Marge from 2010. This site is so rich with resources!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 270
Katie replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 1:22 PM

I love the idea of making and donating pillowcases to Children's hospital, Judy. A Quilt of Valor is on my project list and I might look into a children's hospital donation as well! Awesome pillowcases!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,681
Points 120,595

Thanks Katie. I haven't made a Quilt of Valor yet but it's on my to-do list for near future. I'd love to see what pattern you come up with.There are several I've marked in magazines.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 270
Katie replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 5:50 PM

I was thinking a Rising Star block, I believe they're called. Fons & Porter calls it a Double Star but here is the link i found!  http://www.fonsandporter.com/articles/double-stars-quilt-project 

Sorry the link is ugly, I'm on my mobile browser. I love that block. 

Page 3 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use