rated by 0 users
This post has 29 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 65
Points 1,295
Sherry replied on Thu, Jul 3 2014 5:51 AM

Nanette,

I have joined a couple of groups, quilting marketplace and retreats. I really want to go on a retreat some day. Right now between work, my daughter's wedding and caring for my parents, I have little time and I like to use it quilting. Hopefully soon I can check out more of QCA and possibly go on a retreat. Off to dad's doctor appt. now.

Sherry

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 835
Nanette replied on Mon, Jul 7 2014 9:09 PM

Hi Thea,

So nice to hear from you.  I am impressed! 300 quilts ! That's great ! I am currently working on one for my son for Christmas. I have the top completed and it is sandwiched together.  I thought I would start quilting it this past weekend, but my dear hubby suggested we go away for the weekend on an overnight trip and I put the quilt aside to spend a very nice relaxing overnight get away with my dear hubby.  We did some shopping and in a little antique shop that was going out of business I found a quilt top done in the wedding ring pattern and pieced by hand. I got it for a great price and plan on bringing it to my local quilt shop so they can take a look at it and maybe give me an idea of how old it is. It is in great shape and I would like to maybe finish it.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 835
Nanette replied on Mon, Jul 7 2014 9:12 PM

Hi Sherry,

I would love to go on a quilting retreat. One of the quilt shops in my area is hosting a quilting cruise. They have a sewing machine manufacturer that supplies sewing machines on board the ship and the days you are at sea are sewing days. Maybe one day I will be able to go on a retreat. I would like to be a little more experiences at quilting before I go on a retreat though.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,935
Points 33,685
Roxana replied on Mon, Jul 7 2014 9:16 PM

Hello, Nanette! So glad to have you active again on QCA.

Look around at the different groups. There is a lot to discover here and the gals are all wonderful. I've become such good friends with so many of them. We are glad to have you in the group! .... Where are you in Louisiana? North? South? .... I'm just north in Arkansas.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 10:03 AM

Nanette, one of the best places for a newer quilter is a retreat.  there are so many experienced quilters there to give you tips and ideas, and learn new techniques.  you also will make a lot of new friends.  at every retreat I go home with sore sides from all the laughing.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 12:22 PM

gini:
at every retreat I go home with sore sides from all the laughing.

yeah and you are usually the cause of whatever we are laughing about.....ROFLOL

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,975

I so want to go on a retreat. One day I hope

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,041
Points 369,087
Kris replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 5:47 PM

Nana:

gini:

Amen to that. LOL It sucks I won't be at any retreats this year.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 7:43 PM

Yes Kris, It does suck that we won't have the great photographer to record everyone's antics and fabulous quilting. by you.  Yes it sucks to have to stay home and play on your new long arm machine, but I will still love your work.   

I hope you know that I am teasing you.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 8:25 PM

Nana:

gini:

Ain't that the truth!  I love you guys!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Wed, Jul 9 2014 1:42 AM

Marie

I so need to find a way to see you.  I really miss being with you.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,041
Points 369,087
Kris replied on Wed, Jul 9 2014 2:15 AM

Ginny:
Yes Kris, It does suck that we won't have the great photographer to record everyone's antics and fabulous quilting. by you.  Yes it sucks to have to stay home and play on your new long arm machine, but I will still love your work.   

I hope you know that I am teasing you.    Ginny

LOL Yes I know you're teasing. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Wed, Jul 9 2014 7:28 AM

Nana:

Marie

I so need to find a way to see you.  I really miss being with you.

Nana, me too!  I had the time of my life at VB, I look at the pictures often and smile.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,432
Points 38,375
Linda replied on Wed, Jul 9 2014 8:15 AM

Hi Nanette,

I know how hard it is to go to a retreat. For 2 summers I hosted retreats in Amish country and just barely made it to 10 people. What you can do is invite friends who quilt to your house for a day or weekend. Everyone brings whatever projects they are working on. And everyone chips in with food. I've done that several times and we've had a lot of fun. Haven't we Ginny? Any Ohioans that may be interested in a long weekend, let me know. I love doing that. It really is a fun weekend. Indy loves the extra attention. We spread throughout the house. PM me if you have an interest. I'm in the Cleveland, OH area.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Wed, Jul 9 2014 9:35 AM

Oh yes, Linda we certainly have a good time and there seems to be an overabundance of great food to eat too.  I miss both the retreat to Amish country and the weekend one to your house.  I am truly wanting both, but circumstances are just not favorable right now.   Wish that they were.      Ginny

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use