Hello, im new to the group

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 180
paulawatson84 Posted: Fri, Jun 27 2014 9:46 PM

My name is Paula. Please be.patient with me while I learn how the group works. I look forward to meeting other quilters. I have been making quilts since I was big enough to cut out the squares for my mom for little 9 patches for my doll blankets. I have worked on and off with quilts for yrs. But it seems I always return to my true love of quilting. 

I am 48 yrs old and I have now retired and have really gotten back into making quilts on a regular basis. I want to meet new people who share the enjoyment of the art.

I live in Kentucky and I'm married and have two wonderful son's and two spoiled dogs. 

This past week I have been helping my mom go through her numerous quilting patterns and magazines that she has accumulated since the early 1969's. I came across some letters and patterns she has had for years and they were from a group of ladies that called themselves " the Robins". I loved the letters and envelopes of quilt and craft patterns from her group. She explained how her group worked and I'm curious if the fabric swaps , and pattern sharing is something that still goes on and if so I would love to be a part of this. 

I really look forward to meeting everyone and hope to find a group who would want to be a part of a " Robin" bunch 

Well that's about all I know to tell you about myself. If there is anything you would like to know feel free to ask me....paula

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 191
Points 3,245
hhhdmh replied on Fri, Jun 27 2014 9:49 PM

Hi Paula and welcome. Where are you at in Kentucky? I am in Southern Indiana.

God Bless

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 497
Points 10,005
tnmtgrl replied on Sat, Jun 28 2014 5:35 AM

Welcome Paula, you are going to love it here! It's a great place with very friendly people who share your love of fabric and quilting!

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,514
Points 30,780
Diana replied on Sat, Jun 28 2014 5:38 AM

Welcome Paula.   I'm in East Tennessee.  If you go up to the "groups" in the red line above, there are lots of different swaps, etc.  Just hit join group when you find the one or ones you like.  We are a fun group and love meeting new quilters and sharing our love of quilting.

Diana in East Tn.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,553
Points 246,002
Thea replied on Sat, Jun 28 2014 8:32 AM

Welcome to QCA Paula - you will find just what you are looking for here.  As said above, there are swap groups here and they have different ones going on all the time...  there is tons of learning going on and the level of information is fantastic.  Eye candy anytime you need it and inspriration to keep you going.  Glad to have you here and love to hear and see more of your quilts.  I am one who loves eye candy!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 726
Points 14,145

Hi, Paula- Welcome to QCA!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Sat, Jun 28 2014 10:27 AM

Hi Paula, welcome to  our group, glad you have joined us.  A lot going on around here so take your time and get to know the site and its wonderful members.  

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 821
Points 13,475

Welcome Paula.  Your going to love QCA and everyone here.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,951
Points 368,307
Kris replied on Sat, Jun 28 2014 2:41 PM

Welcome Paula.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 340
Terry replied on Sat, Jun 28 2014 5:39 PM

Hi I am from Torrington CT I am also new and don't know my way around and welcome you as a friend

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,461
Points 416,734
gini replied on Sat, Jun 28 2014 9:42 PM

hi paula, welcome to the group. 

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 291
Points 3,845

Welcome, Paula

Barbara

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use