Pfaff users and other options?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
2 Posts
Points 145
Monica Hall posted on Thu, Jun 26 2014 2:14 PM

Hi,  I'm new to this forum.  I've been machine quilting on the same machine for @ 20 years, and its decided its too tired to continue.  I have loved my Pfaff varimatic 6091.  Its been a good little basic machine that has let me do everything I've wanted through the years.  In the past six months the zigzag stitch and buttonholer have completely given up the ghost (have had it repaired three times), it rattles like crazy, and the bobbin tension just won't stay consistent.

I am further along in life now, watching my children, as well as my nieces and nephews, get married and start having babies.  I'd really like a machine that can do more than just the basics.  A built-in walking foot is essential, but I'd also like to try my hand at machine embroidery, too.

Which Pfaffs would be a good step up, or are there other machines that would fit the bill?  I'd like to keep it in the $1000-$1200 range at the most.

Thanks!

Monica

• | Post Points: 65

All Replies

Top 500 Contributor
241 Posts
Points 12,225

Hey Monica,

I am the QCA Admin (in other words-I oversee everything QCA related) I went ahead and posted your question on our Facebook page to get some more answers for you. Don't worry-I did not use your name! Check out the answers to your questions by clicking here!

Best,

QCA Rachel

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
72 Posts
Points 600

I too have an older pfaff and love it.  Because the newer pfaff machines are being made with lots of plastic parts, I would not purchase a pfaff.  I have picked up  2 older pfaffs on Craigslist that are in excellent condition.  If I were to get into embroidery, I would look at a Babylock, Janome or Brother. Good luck in your search for a new machine. 

Chris

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,721 Posts
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 3:59 PM

Monica

I have a Pfaff Creative Performance that does embroidery that I love.  It is a pricey machine but has lots of extras.  I have had no problems with it and have used it for over a year now. Good luck in your search.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
281 Posts
Points 4,280

Monica,

I can't help you with deciding which Pfaff to choose, but I can tell you that any sewing/embroidery machine doesn't have that little hole where one can attach the guide for quilting place mats , pot holder etc.  That means that one also can't use a quarter inch guide that is screwed down  to help guide the material.

Marianne

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use