Top 10 Posters

"A Quilters Lumberyard" A Scrap Management System" TM Copyright

Page 5 of 16 (228 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 227 Replies | 22 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

Patty...I have the pattern and am really looking forward to organizing my smaller scraps and managing the current scraps with the lumber yard system...love it!! you will always have pieces cut out for a quick quilt with this system...

Ontario, Canada

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Tue, Jun 1 2010 8:53 PM

Ladies, I have the pattern now too, and now that I see it, it's just about like I've been doing for years with my scraps, to keep them organized and ready to use ~~just that  I never put out a pattern or book.   What I did was pick out some patterns I saw in magazines or on TV -- like Donna Poster's pattern called Block Party - it's a really great one for scraps and easy to piece - no seams to match.  Several others like Becky's Choice (Quiltmaker)and Cabin Trail uses smaller pieces and I piece them while I'm working on other blocks (as in leaders and enders).  It uses  2 1/2" squares, 2 1/2 X 4 1/2, and 2 1/2 X 6 1/2 pieces.  Here's a picture of 4 blocks set up on my board. Just like that, you have a stack of blocks ready to make a quick quilt when you need to, just as I do with the smaller scraps like I told you before with the Mile a Minute method.  I really like this Bonnie Hunter site, too - she must be my type of quilter!!  Kinda wanted to keep this thread alive, as it really is interesting to me!  Carol L

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Tue, Jun 1 2010 11:02 PM

Carol

I really like your blocks.  Very pretty.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,545
Points 417,024
gini replied on Wed, Jun 2 2010 12:35 AM

carol, good idea to keep this thread going.   i like your scrappy blocks   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

Carol what a great scrap block...thanks for sharing it with us...I will keep this one in mind for a quick scrap quilt

Ontario, Canada

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

I have the Lumberyard (I want to call it a Lumberjack) Management System pattern and can't wait to start some blocks. In my cleaning attempt I found I had a bin of scraps already cut and now I'm cutting my leftovers when I finish a quilt into the lumberyard sizes. It's nice to see what you can do with them. So pretty and will make a nice quick quilt.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,545
Points 417,024
gini replied on Wed, Jun 2 2010 2:33 PM

diane,  i think if your piles of fabric are tall enough, they will qualify as trees, then it could be a lumberjack management system      gini

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

gini:

diane,  i think if your piles of fabric are tall enough, they will qualify as trees, then it could be a lumberjack management system      gini

Oh, I missed you, Gini! You have the funniest sense of humor or maybe it is twisted like mine. You make me laugh and that's always a good thing. My piles aren't as high as trees so does that make it lumber boys?

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Wed, Jun 2 2010 4:44 PM

Diane Morgan:

My piles aren't as high as trees so does that make it lumber boys?

Diane

I think that makes it Toothpick Management.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Wed, Jun 2 2010 5:15 PM

I'm curious, where can I get the Lumberyard Management System pattern? 

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Wed, Jun 2 2010 5:16 PM

Carol, love your quilt top and would like more information on the "Bonnie Hunt" site.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Wed, Jun 2 2010 5:17 PM

It should've read Bonnie Hunter

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Marie:

It should've read Bonnie Hunter

Marie, click on the link below. It will take you to Bonnie's main page. Enjoy!

Quiltville

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Wed, Jun 2 2010 5:58 PM

Marie

Bonnie is the designer of the Boxy Stars pattern that is being used in the group.  She has lots of really neat scrap patterns.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

Marie:

I'm curious, where can I get the Lumberyard Management System pattern? 

Marie:  I posted three phone numbers back on the second or third page of this thread.  If you don't have any luck with those, friend me, and I'll contact one of the authors to get you a pattern.  The Quilting Bee may still be having their 20% off sale.

It's a fun system. 

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Page 5 of 16 (228 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use