Page 15 of 16 (228 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 227 Replies | 22 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

Marie:
I went back to page 1 and found our dear friend Diane, thanks.

Yep, her posts pull at my heart strings.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,436
Points 38,440
Linda replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 1:32 PM

Snowbird, your quilts are beautiful. I've been doing some of them for years. I don't throw fabrics away regardless how small. My strip basket is overflowing again. and my small bit & pieces is getting full again too and I don't have time right now. Sometimes I take the strips and make binding out of them. I also just sew them together to make a quilt called Trash to Treasure..you will find it in my gallery. I also make coin quilts with them. Fast and easy. I do a lot of charity quilts for children and they love them.

Hugs.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

Linda:  Just looked at your gallery.  Beautiful work.  You've made really great use of your scraps!

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 5:40 PM

Wendy I love your strip quilt.  It is so striking and colorful.  Definitely on my to do list!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 6:15 PM

Patti - thanks for posting info on the Quilter's Lumberyard method,.  I know I got the info from you in Leavenworth October 2011 so guess I better go and find it.  

I need to take a month and get all my scraps in order and in the process, clean up the sewing room which is by far winning the battle.

Marge P

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

Marge P.  I think getting started is the hardest part of cutting up our scraps.  I've found that sometimes, I do a great job and other times I just put the leftovers away.  My excuse seems to be the scraps are too big to cut up.  I don't think that is always the case.  LOL

Good luck with your search and let me know if you have any questions.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 405
Points 6,895
Phyllis replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 7:14 PM

I love this quilt!  You did a great job.

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

Thank you Phyllis.  So nice of you.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Patty, love your quilt. My fav quilts are scrappy. I also read back through and it was like a walk down memory lane. So many that do not post and then Diane, so sad. I'm not sure how I missed this thread before, it was before I got sick, but it has been fun reading all the post from all the sweet ladies who are not around anymore. I sure wish they would come back.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

Spudgrandma:
all the sweet ladies

Spud:  Thank you and I agree.  When I reopened this thread the first quote I read was from Diane.  Brought tears to my eyes.

Anyway this system is alive and well.  However, I have to admit my last quilt wasn't scraps.  It's for a baby believe it or not.  The momma wanted French Provincial.  I found this line by Moda called "French General".  She loved the fabrics so off I went. 

I've got a lot of 2 X 8's scrappy.  May make another.  Someday?!

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

OOps

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

My Lumberyard scrap box is really getting full.  I've got a new plan in mind for using 2 X 4's with borders inside of borders.  Dang, I've got a bunch of baby stuff to get done first, so I guess this idea is on hold.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

The background to this story.

We have a local group of ladies who meet on Mondays at our Senior Center to quilt.  In another room there is an exercise class, and one of those ladies collects scraps and makes charity quilts.  She said she was running out of scraps so I offered to bring in my scrap box of lumberyard pieces for her to select from for her next quilt.

The story.

So last Monday I brought in the lumberyard scrap box set it on a table and told Fran it was there.  She must have really liked my scraps because the next thing I knew all the scraps were in a plastic bag and my box was empty.  

I'm kinda sad that they are ALL gone.  I'm happy that they are going to a good cause.  

It won't be hard to start a new collection.  LOL

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,560
Points 47,935

Snowbird Quilter:
I'm kinda sad that they are ALL gone.  I'm happy that they are going to a good cause.  

Oh my, Patti. I can understand your mixed feelings. On one hand there is one project marked of the list (for now) on the other hand - all that cutting!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 397
Points 5,305

I know just how you feel.  I had a similar occurrence with polyester.  The church group down the road a ways makes lap quilts for the local nursing home to hand out.  They make wonderful, warm covers for people in wheelchairs.  They needed a few pieces to finish a batch so I took over my box of polyester, then left for an appointment.  When I returned the entire box of polyester had been cut into squares to make lap quilts.  I was sure glad that polyester was not popular at that time.

But what fun starting a new scrap box!

Barbara

Page 15 of 16 (228 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use