Top 10 Posters

"A Quilters Lumberyard" A Scrap Management System" TM Copyright

Page 13 of 16 (228 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 227 Replies | 22 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 12,675

Thanks girls!  Great and beautiful quilt, Wendy.  Explanation very clear.  YIPPEE . . . I have another project on my list.  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,585
Points 51,795
Ginny replied on Sun, Mar 6 2011 11:47 AM

Oh, Wendy,

That quilt is so beautiful.  Thanks for the explanation of "string quilting" .   I had no idea it was foundation pieced.  Now, when I try to do one with my scraps, I'll  know what to do.  

It certainly is pleasing to the eye.  Think that I'll mention it as a possibility for our quilting group that meets at the senior center.  We are always looking for things to do with the fabric that is donated to us.

Talk about a stash- it is a whole roomful of donated materials.  Some good for quilting and some good for other things that we donate to either hospice or the local shelters or other outreach programs.

We also hand quilt at least one quilt a year to be used for a raffle quilt for the good of programs at the senior center.  We also finish and do hand quilting for individuals that bring their goods to us.  Keeps us busy and certainly out of other mischief. 

Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,479
Points 417,064
gini replied on Sun, Mar 6 2011 4:43 PM

great explanation wendy.     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195

Let me try this way 

7026.String quilt 2010.wps

Hope this worked.  Got to run for tonight.

Granny M

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

Thanks Wendy!  I'm afraid I got sidetracked and never finished looking for the thread on string quilts.

Granny M I couldn't get your link to open.  Not unusual for me though, I seem to become more illiterate with this machine every day. 

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Fri, Mar 11 2011 4:55 AM

Snowbird Quilter:

Thanks Wendy!  I'm afraid I got sidetracked and never finished looking for the thread on string quilts.

Granny M I couldn't get your link to open.  Not unusual for me though, I seem to become more illiterate with this machine every day. 

I think it downloads, or saves to your computer.  I will have to do differently when I get some time.  but see if it will download and then open.

Granny M

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Fri, Mar 11 2011 6:33 AM

Great quilt Wendy, and great explanation

[Ava, Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 1,825
Ann W. replied on Fri, Mar 11 2011 10:06 AM

Wanted to say thank you so much for the instructions. I didn't have any problems with opening it. It saved to my Microsoft Word Processor .

I am teaching a lady to quilt and she is a fast learner so this will be her next project if you don't mind Granny M.  She is having a ball learning all kinds of new things. Yesterday she wanted to learn something new so I taught her how Eleanor Burns does applique. She had a white 12inch square she wanted to put something in. So now she is putting a flower in it. Will post a picture of her top when she gets it done.

Also I taught her how to do some free motion quilting on my sewing machine. She is now able to do some meandering and write names with it. Not bad for her first time.

She is bashful and I told her when she is ready I will help her sign up on here so she can meet other quilters and learn from more people.

Thank you again.

Ann

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,729
Points 437,085
Nana replied on Fri, Mar 11 2011 10:23 AM

Ann

One of the neat things about being a member of this community is that being bashful isn't the same hinderence that it is in face to face meetings.  You can chat and  have fun without worrying about the impression you make on other people.   I usually don't talk alot with someone until I really know them.  On here it is different.   Hope your friend will join us.....she would have alot of fun.   And none of us bites...LOL.   Of course you occasionally have to watch out for Diane and Gini.....sometimes they are a little squirrely....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,479
Points 417,064
gini replied on Fri, Mar 11 2011 10:43 AM

Nana:
And none of us bites...LOL.   Of course you occasionally have to watch out for Diane and Gini.....sometimes they are a little squirrely....LOL

i have heard that diane has really sharp teeth.    

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 1,825
Ann W. replied on Fri, Mar 11 2011 11:11 AM

LOL that's okay she is use to getting bit. Because I do bite. But all of you are safe I only bite family and she has became an adopted child so she can get bit. LOL. By the way her name is Teresa.

I told her she would enjoy it here and she could ask all the questions she wanted no matter what time of day or night it is and she is still a bit leery. So when she comes over in a day or so I will have her watch me type in a few comments and maybe then she won't be as scared.

Also going to show her the pictures of the quilts in the gallery and that will encourage her.

Ann

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Fri, Mar 11 2011 7:53 PM

Ann:
I am teaching a lady to quilt and she is a fast learner so this will be her next project if you don't mind Granny M.
  Please do use it, you have no idea how happy it makes me to do something that others want to copy.  I hope she enjoys, and if something not clear give me a post.

Granny M

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
saquiltr replied on Mon, May 16 2011 10:48 PM

I am looking for a source to purchase the quilters lumberyard patterns.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you

Sue in AZ

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 1,825
Ann W. replied on Mon, May 16 2011 11:39 PM

I did a search and found a business that had a program about the system. Maybe if you contact them they can help you. Here is their info. Hope it helps.

www.bjsquiltbasket.com 

Wish you luck .
Ann in Indiana

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

Here is my latest Lumberyard quilt.  This border really tested my skills. 

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• | Post Points: 140
Page 13 of 16 (228 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use