Top 10 Posters

Does anyone use a Juki 2010 to quilt with?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,152 Posts
Points 17,665
weezee56 posted on Mon, Jun 23 2014 8:11 PM

I just bought a Juki 2010 and while quilting the first quilt, the machine started cutting the thread without me pushing a button. Is it my machine or the speed control ?

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

The first thing I would check is to make sure the thread is not being bound somewhere, I would re-thread it and also what size needle are you using. I would use at least a 16.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
281 Posts
Points 4,280

Hi weezee,

If you bought your machine local, take it back to the store for a check up.  If you ordered the machine, call them up and ask about the guarantee. 

We bought a Bernina last year and it mal functioned fresh out of the box.  We exchanged that machine.  The second machine works fine.

Sewing machines aren't what they used to be.

Marianne

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,476 Posts
Points 244,297
Thea replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 8:18 AM

Weezee, I would contact the store you bought it from - and if they can't help you - go to the web page for the Juki and contact them personally via their customer service reps.  I don't think a machine should be doing that at anytime and sounds like a very bad glitch - like two wires are touching or have gotten crossed.  I think it is the machine not the speed control.  There are so many wires inside the new machines.  My Pfaff had 2 wires touching after a tech cleaned it and it ended up being a $1000+ repair.  There is so little room inside where so many wires have to go for these new machines with the computer parts there also.  Before it becomes a bigger problem contact where you bought it and if they don't have a tech find out where you can find a good one and from my history of techs - check out the techs reputation to make sure he/she truly knows what they are doing... I now work directly with the companies with my machines - I wish I could say that I trusted any of the techs in my area but I don't.

• | Post Points: 0
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use