Top 10 Posters

Is uploading more than one picture possible in the Show & Tell?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 415
Cherie Posted: Mon, Jun 16 2014 1:29 PM

I have tried several times to upload more than one picture int he "Show & Tell Gallery", but for some reason it will not upload more than one.  I figure you must be able to do it since others have more than one photo.  

Shall I give up or can this be done?  

Thx,  Cherie

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 341
Points 15,615
qcarachel replied on Mon, Jun 16 2014 1:37 PM

Hi Cherie,

It is my understanding that if you want to upload multiple pictures to the gallery, you have to upload them individually. Instead of selecting all of them and putting them in at once. Select one and upload it. Then repeat the process for the next picture. I know this is more time consuming, but it is the limitation of our site at this time. Thank you for your question!

Best,

QCA Rachel

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 415
Cherie replied on Mon, Jun 16 2014 2:15 PM

I tried that and it just replaced the picture that I had there originally rather than adding a 2nd picture.  I did figure out how to add them to the post.  You click on insert media.. But that just adds it to the post where the words are and not in a photo gallery.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,925
Points 125,055

• Cherie. You need to save the post to the gallery. Then add a new one. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,017
Kris replied on Mon, Jun 16 2014 8:14 PM

If you want to place photos under the same heading add the first one where it says "specify file /URL" then add additional photos where you would type text using the filmstrip icon.

if you're adding unrelated photos, instead of choosing "save" choose "save and upload more".

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,925
Points 125,055

Kris. Thank you. All this time, I didn't know that. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,017
Kris replied on Mon, Jun 16 2014 9:57 PM

You're welcome Judy.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 415
Cherie replied on Tue, Jun 17 2014 7:08 AM

Thanks, I did as you said and it worked out beautifully.  But it doesn't show all the pictures in the "View as slide show".  It only shows the first one that I added using the "specify file/URL.  I don't know, it seems like this site is not very user friendly.. I am usually pretty good at this stuff.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,017
Kris replied on Tue, Jun 17 2014 10:20 AM

Yes Cherie, the slide show only includes the main photo in each topic. A pain, I know.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use