Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 21 Replies | 9 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 144
Bonnie replied on Sat, Jun 14 2014 2:35 PM

Like others the answer has changed over the years. I could not believe it when Harriet Hargrave came to teach at our guild, also Nancy Johnson Seabro. Then I took classed from John Flynn and Bethany Reynolds in Lancaster. The year we made it to Paduca I saw Georgia Bonesteel, Eleanor Burns, Kaye Wood.and Jinny Byers. So who is left? Like potato chips I want more more more. I was once scheduled for a class with Nancy Zieman but she couldn't make it so someone else taught :( , Marti Michell demo was just a tease. If it was only one I would choose Kaye Wood again especially if I could do a one on one. However I find the classes at our local quilt shop just as challenging. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jun 17 2014 12:55 AM

I would love to meet  Leah Day JENNY BEYERS And kAREN MACTAVISH OH HECK I'd really like to meet all of them  LOL   BRBara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,558
Points 246,057
Thea replied on Tue, Jun 17 2014 2:57 PM

I have met most of the big name quilters throughout the years.  If I had to pick one that I thought was absolutely fabulous, it would be Beth Ferrier.  Of all the teachers, that i have met or taken classes from she was the best.  She is most concise and has answers for all your questions and her humor is fantastic.  I learned quite a bit from her.  If you don't know her, check her out - www.applewd.com  She also has a class on Craftsy.  

• | Post Points: 0
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 821
Points 13,475

I'll have to check her out Thea

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,182
Points 18,160
weezee56 replied on Wed, Jun 18 2014 6:22 PM

Barbara, I'll with you, I would like to meet them all. I would like to talk to Jenny D and Eleanor B.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

I have met Barbara Brackman, Deb Rowden, Barb Eckmeier, Terry Clothier Thompson, Shelley Burge, Jo Morton, Kathy Delaney, Carol Hopkins, Pam Buda, Candy Hargraves, and many more. We have a lot of the KC Star authors come to our guild at times.  I would like to meet Edyta Sitar. We are so lucky here in the Mid West to have so many great quilters.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Thu, Jun 19 2014 3:19 PM

weezee56:

Barbara, I'll with you, I would like to meet them all. I would like to talk to Jenny D and Eleanor B.

It could have been me posting what weezee56 said.  Especially Eleanor Burns, she is the one who got me started on my quilting journey.

Millbury, MA

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use