Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 95
Jan Posted: Wed, Jun 4 2014 7:30 AM

I write this from the comfort of my sunny yellow room.  Here I am surrounded by (way too much) fabric and yarn.  Here I am happiest.  At this point I would not call myself an accomplished quilter but that doesn't stop me from trying!  Besides, isn't that what youtube, online classes and my friendly local quilt shop is for?  

• | Post Points: 95
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 137
Points 2,115

Welcome Jan!  I understand completely....I am happiest in my sewing room as well unless, of course, I am with my family!!   When I am sewing/quilting I forget about life's problems.  It's my stress-free zone!!

Barbara

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 648
Points 12,635

Welcome to QCA, Jan!  You've joined a wonderful group of quilting friends who will help with anything you need. I know that from experience!

• | Post Points: 0
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 212
Points 2,835
Flo replied on Wed, Jun 4 2014 8:53 AM

Welcome!  And remember the old saying:  She who dies with the most fabric wins!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,045

Welcome Jan.  You are going to love this website.  Its a great bunch of quilting fanatics.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 191
Points 3,050
Deb replied on Wed, Jun 4 2014 9:43 AM

Jan, Welcome!! If you have made a quilt and made someone happy then you are an accomplished quilter! :)

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,879
gini replied on Wed, Jun 4 2014 10:15 PM

hi jan, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 215
Loui replied on Thu, Jun 5 2014 7:04 AM

H Jan!  Welcome to the group.  You are so lucky to have your very own creative space.  Enjoy!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Thu, Jun 5 2014 7:52 AM

Welcome Jan!  How I envy you having your own space...my sewing room is spread over 3 different living spaces...makes for quite a clutter, but it works for now.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 208
Points 3,240

Welcome Jan and nice meeting you.  I agree that sewing is good therapy.  I started to "quilt" last year.  I have been sewing for many years, mostly clothes for my children and stuffed toys. 

Marianne

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 255
Points 4,225

Welcome Jan! I have a spare bedroom that is my workroom. I cut my fabrics, have my design wall in there, do my pressing, etc, and keep all of my stuff in there. However, I  sew in my living room. I felt too cut off from everything when I was stuck in the back room doing the sewing. I'm much happier with this arrangement.   

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 869
Points 14,795
Candis replied on Thu, Jun 5 2014 11:08 AM

Welcome Jan!  I recently downsized in Housing, I took over the dining area, love being able to see everything all the time!   Makes me very happy! Never ate in the dining room anyway! Broke down the table and chairs stuck em in the garage.  Happy times now!!

MODESTO, CA.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use