Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 304 of 304 (4557 items) « First ... < Previous 300 301 302 303 304 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4,556 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,373
Points 143,370

Thanks for the positive comments. This is definitely a work of love. I gave the girl a choice of a wedding gift. Cash or a king size quilt. I figured she would take the cash. Starving kids starting out in life and all.  also she has a pile of my quilts from the time she was born 23 years ago.  I told her to talk it over with her fiancé.  They wanted the quilt.  She said it would be something she could show her kids and grandkids that I made just for their wedding. 

It did did make me feel good.  What I didn't tell her that even if she had chosen cash, I would have made her a quilt.  After all......she's our only grandchild  

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 914
Points 14,400
Pat A replied on Sun, Feb 28 2016 7:09 AM

Patricia Faye - Your bountiful baskets quilt is beautiful!  You do such an awesome job with applique.  I am envious.  I hope one of these days to get to these blocks.  I just finished getting the blocks I was missing from one person or another so think I will start gathering fabrics. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 914
Points 14,400
Pat A replied on Sun, Feb 28 2016 7:18 AM

Judy,  what a beautiful quilt that will be when it is finished.  You have a terrific job in designing and choosing colors, etc. for it.  It is taking shape and looking grand.  Your GD will cherish this quilt forever.  Good job! 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,421
Points 26,700

I finished a baby quilt for my DIL's sister last week and mailed it off to Pittsburgh, PA on Tuesday so she should have it by now.  Her baby shower is around the end of the month.  It's from the Linus Connection book of patterns that I purchased a couple of years ago at the Houston International Quilt Show.  Will definitely make this one again. 

Don't know why it posted sideways.  It's paper pieced hearts in a square.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,486
Points 46,845
ls2116 replied on Sat, Mar 12 2016 6:40 PM

I finished my squares now i'm working on my sashing.  Problem with my blocks they didn't all turn out the same size.  I have no clue how that happened so i'm improvising as i go.  seems lately i just can't seem to make a near perfect quilt.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,282
Points 29,965
Ramona replied on Fri, Aug 25 2017 11:22 AM

Patrician Faye,

Great quilt!!! Great keepsake

• | Post Points: 0
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,421
Points 26,700

Thanks Ramona!  My daughter-n-law's sister loved it.  She wasn't expecting a gift from me so it was a sweet surprise.  The baby girl's room colors are pink & grey so was perfect.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,282
Points 29,965
Ramona replied on Sat, Aug 26 2017 4:03 PM

I finally finished this quilt about two weeks ago. We have been on vacation but back and thought I would share how it turned out.  Not please with it but feel ok with it. I could only work in so much of the fullness so the quilt is out of square. About 1/2 way down the quilt I seriously considered just giving it back to her. Then I said to myself, I am not going let this lick me. This sweet 92 year old lady would just like to see the quilt finished. So here it is. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 48
Points 730
J.P. replied on Sat, Aug 26 2017 5:12 PM

Wow! Ramona it looks great. She's going to love it, square or not!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 48
Points 730
J.P. replied on Sat, Aug 26 2017 5:12 PM

Wow! Ramona it looks great. She's going to love it, square or not!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,282
Points 29,965
Ramona replied on Sun, Aug 27 2017 3:38 PM

J.P.

Thank you! It is a bit puffy and not square but at least it is done. I think she will be ok with it.  You can only do so much when the quilt is an hour glass. And I don't know if it was the pattern but I could only pull the center out a little bit and I was only able to put my hands on it and take up only a little bit of the fullness. I had never quilted one with this pieced pattern before and this one didn't want to cooperate. :-)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,632
Points 31,425
Marsha replied on Mon, Aug 28 2017 6:32 AM

Ramona, I think you did a wonderful job on what you had to work with.  When it is on a bed, probably no-one would see it is not square.  I am sure she is more interested in seeing all her hard work finished and able to be used as a quilt.  

Marsha - Western New York

Page 304 of 304 (4557 items) « First ... < Previous 300 301 302 303 304 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2017 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.