Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 103 of 119 (1783 items) « First ... < Previous 101 102 103 104 105 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,782 Replies | 45 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 457
Points 9,235
tnmtgrl replied on Thu, Aug 28 2014 8:22 PM

Good, glad to help.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,152
Points 17,665
weezee56 replied on Thu, Aug 28 2014 10:31 PM

Jen your bumper pads are so nice.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 457
Points 9,235
tnmtgrl replied on Fri, Aug 29 2014 6:43 AM

Thanx Weezee!! And thank you to all the compliments from everyone.

newport, tennessee

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,091
Points 29,520
Ramona replied on Mon, Sep 1 2014 8:49 AM

didash:
The quilt I'm currently binding is Stratford Stars (from Craftsy)...two adjacent sides are bound with brown fabric and the other 2 adjacent sides are bound with cream fabric.  Naturally, the corners should be mitered.  I think I have it figured out...just started the hand stitching tonight...when I get to the corners I'll know for sure if I made it work or not! LOL!  Keeping my fingers crossed since it "looks" like I found a solution.  It may not be "by the book", but it looks like it will work!

Diane (didash)

How did your binding turn out? Did you start at the corners and work you way to the middle of each side? Can you share a picture of the finished quilt?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,091
Points 29,520
Ramona replied on Mon, Sep 1 2014 8:51 AM

tnmtgrl:

I finished a project today.........washed and ready to be delivered :)

Very pretty and a wonderful set! Will be enjoyed for sure.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,476
Points 244,297
Thea replied on Mon, Sep 1 2014 10:08 AM

tmt - your quilt is awesome and it is nice to have watched from the beginning to the end on it - great job.

Diane - if you need some help some day talking about mitering - I figured out some cool things that make mine work without any measuring... and they come out perfectly every time - I used to almost pull my hair out when I read a border was to be mitered - then one day i just sat down - thought about it and figured out how to do it really easy... same with mitering your bindings - easy peasy now - plus that last seam where you put it together - used to cause me all sorts of trouble - easy peasy now...

I did finish a quilt this morning - pictured over on my thread about my long arm - I am so happy - was a frustrating learning experience but it only took me 3 days - I feel awesome about that and hope to remember all my notes to myself on how to do the next one and not have so many tension issues... we can only hope right... I have to figure out which quilt is next on the long arm - but for a few hours going to just sit here - bending over to thread that needle at least 1000 times till I got the 2nd tension wheel figured out caused my back to send me notices that it was quitting...:)   

Oh the quilts I am going to get done - I think 10 before I tackle my double wedding ring - so maybe by Christmas it will be on the machine... Whooo Hoooo!!!!!!   In Pain but smiling really big!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 180
Points 2,645

Just an update on my status.Not going to where we thought we were going in Ohio, but will be going somewhere. Just waiting for God to reveal his plans for us. Still in the process of downsizing so as to be ready. Some other things have occured to give us more time. So now will not be going until spring. I am so in withdrawel from lack of quilting, this may be a blessing . Once I get things organized I will be able to get back to quilting till time to leave......unless my house is sold out from under me, then my space may be very small. I won't be able to start the mystery quilt right away but will copy directions and may catch up before the end.  Will be able to do it sooner or later anyway.Will still be watching the progress of all  of you.

Thea, I understand now that you can't go to a chriopractor.   I also hope to get that eye candy taken care of for you before I move. I have a little more time to do it now.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,873
Points 366,872
Kris replied on Mon, Sep 1 2014 9:13 PM

weezee56:

Kris what type of stool did you buy to use when you use your quilting frame?

Weezee sorry I missed your question but Thea answered it. I bought a saddle stool. The dealer had one at MQX and I tried it when I demoed my long arm. I can't stand for too long and I've always quilted sitting at my frame. The saddle stool eliminates my tendency to slouch and it goes higher than my office chair. It takes some getting used to but I love it. 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 370
Points 8,395
didash replied on Tue, Sep 2 2014 1:39 AM

Ramona:

Diane (didash)

How did your binding turn out? Did you start at the corners and work you way to the middle of each side? Can you share a picture of the finished quilt?

Ramona - It actually worked out OK, thanks!  I actually started close to the corner but left a long tail of binding...finished stitching around to where the other color would start and left another long tail.  Then went back and figured out how to make the miters work.

Here's a pic of the corner...and you can sort of see my first attempt at feathers!

And here's the quilt...not a great pic but it is outside drying after washing...needs to be ironed/blocked then wrapped for Christmas :)

Thanks for asking...y'all are such a big help and so supportive!!

• | Post Points: 95
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 457
Points 9,235
tnmtgrl replied on Tue, Sep 2 2014 5:47 AM

didash:

And here's the quilt...not a great pic but it is outside drying after washing...needs to be ironed/blocked then wrapped for Christmas :)

Diane.....your quilt is gorgeous...I love, love, love it!!! Stars are my favorite.....

newport, tennessee

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,476
Points 244,297
Thea replied on Tue, Sep 2 2014 7:28 AM

Diane - very pretty.  I love the eye candy.  black and white quilts are so striking!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,091
Points 29,520
Ramona replied on Tue, Sep 2 2014 8:44 AM

Diane,

Yummy. Your quilt looks delicious! That binding looks very neat and great job on your first feathers! Thanks for sharing a picture.  I need to try this pattern.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,481
Points 176,808
Marie replied on Tue, Sep 2 2014 9:48 AM

Diane, I love your two color quilt, very striking and your first attempt at feathers is really good, congrats!

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,152
Points 17,665
weezee56 replied on Tue, Sep 2 2014 10:30 AM

Kris thank you for the info on the stool, I've been looking on ebay, my office chair goes to 22". I saw one saddle stool that went to 24". If I can get one cheap enough I'm going to try one. I too have to sit down to use my frame. I sometimes get dizzy when I look down while standing.

Diane you did a beautiful job on you quilt.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,476
Points 244,297
Thea replied on Tue, Sep 2 2014 2:51 PM

Weezee - I got mine on Amazon - it fits perfectly - up or down.  I do not remember how high it goes but the back piece fits perfectly for my lower back - that is what I truly needed - I got the stirrup chair like Kris told me she had gotten - she didn't give me a name brand so I just searched and read the reviews and found one that had great reviews and so far I like it.

Page 103 of 119 (1783 items) « First ... < Previous 101 102 103 104 105 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use