Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 102 of 186 (2785 items) « First ... < Previous 100 101 102 103 104 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,784 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,701
Points 248,202
Thea replied on Thu, Aug 28 2014 10:23 AM

Barbara from California:
Thea, I am sorry you have so many health issues to deal with.  It is unfortunate the military insurance would not allow you to go to a chiropractor because you may have had great results.  Sadly, they are not a cure-all and cannot help everyone so it may not have been the answer for you.     I hope you can remember to keep the stimulator charged and have as many pain free days as possible.  Hang in there!

Barbara - don't be sorry for me - teehee - I probably deserve it all for all the years I burned the candle at both ends - work work work - party party party - work work work... I never slept back then... I worked 2 jobs and just was always on the go doing something... one day The Lord told me to slow down and I didn't listen so he said it again and still I thought I can still do it all - well then one day he said enough is enough I have got to get through to this girl - and he did... I slowed down but I still love love love life and have still so many plans to finish... places to still see... one state left in the USA - Hawaii and I want to go and see Scotland some day as my relatives came from there on my Mom's side.  I have been to Germany and Switzerland - I need to go to Belgium and England but I figure that will be in the Scotland trip - someday... 

Empathize with me but give me no sympathy... I am not sorry about anything I have done - I wish that my body was a whole lot stronger but heck - he didn't give me anything that I couldn't handle - although at times I think he has... :)  I always remember the Footsteps poem at those times and tell him he has to carry me for a while for my ability to navigate and get through it - and he does... Thank you Lord for being my Lord and Savior!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 641
Points 9,660
MaggieNae replied on Thu, Aug 28 2014 11:26 AM

I've been working on a Jewel Box quilt for a couple of weeks now.  It will be 12 x 12 blocks.  Each block takes 2 four patches and 2 half square triangles.  I have 288 four patches done and pressed.  They look great.  I have all my half sq-tri's cut, but due an error in my math, they are a smidge smaller than they need to be.  I'll have to cut down all my four patches to match.  What a bummer.  I also still have to press and square up the half sq-tri's.  My blocks were going to be 8 inches, now they'll end up more like 6.  I'll probably have to make more than the 144 I had originally planned to make the quilt as large as I want it to be.  Maybe I'll just add some strips around the edge to finish it off.  It's going to be a busy 3-day weekend for me. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 505
Points 10,210
tnmtgrl replied on Thu, Aug 28 2014 11:42 AM

I finished a project today.........washed and ready to be delivered :)

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,927
Points 125,065

Jen, it's beautiful!! What a lovely yellow fabric.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 505
Points 10,210
tnmtgrl replied on Thu, Aug 28 2014 12:20 PM

Thanks Judy....I know I fell in love with the fabric before I had a use for it ...it came in yellow and blue...I bought some of both...and will probably get some more here real soon.

newport, tennessee

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,927
Points 125,065

Jen, do you mind telling me the name of the fabric? It's so hard to find such a soft butter yellow.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 401
Points 5,940

Jen, great job!  I love the colors and quilting.  Someone is going to be very happy when they receive it!  :)

Barbara

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 401
Points 5,940

Jen, great job!  I love the colors and quilting.  Someone is going to be very happy when they receive it!  :)

Barbara

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,640
Deb replied on Thu, Aug 28 2014 1:33 PM

Aw... So lovely!! Some great work here , Jen.

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 392
Points 5,265

Jen,

These are lovely.  I have not made bumper pads - do you use double layers of batting or some other material?

Barbara

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 505
Points 10,210
tnmtgrl replied on Thu, Aug 28 2014 2:27 PM

Barbara in Colorado:

Jen,

These are lovely.  I have not made bumper pads - do you use double layers of batting or some other material?

Aw,,,thanx Barb and Deb!. I made the bumper pads using foam especially made for bumper pads....Fairfield Poly- Fil NuFoam , I found them at Walmart.com $20, cause I can use my discount...Joann's is suppose to carry them too....made it soooo easy. I found the pattern  at pieceandquilt.com/2012/02/making-over-nursery-bumpers-pads-free.html.

newport, tennessee

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,895
Points 69,200
Bonita replied on Thu, Aug 28 2014 3:42 PM

Jen, very cute, love the yellow.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,895
Points 69,200
Bonita replied on Thu, Aug 28 2014 3:48 PM

tnmtgrl:
I made the bumper pads using foam especially made for bumper pads....Fairfield Poly- Fil NuFoam , I found them at Walmart.com $20, cause I can use my discount...Joann's is suppose to carry them too....made it soooo easy. I found the pattern  at pieceandquilt.com/2012/02/making-over-nursery-bumpers-pads-free.html.

Over the years I've made two sets of bumper pads. I got my pads at JoAnn's. Just don't make the mistake I made with the first set I thought it needed to be pressed  and the heat from the iron flattened out the pad. Lucky for me I only flattened one small part of one end.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 505
Points 10,210
tnmtgrl replied on Thu, Aug 28 2014 8:12 PM

Judy Taylor-Bellingham:

Jen, do you mind telling me the name of the fabric? It's so hard to find such a soft butter yellow.

Judy sorry it took me so long to get back to you.....it's called Happy Stars in Honeysuckle from Connecting Threads...they have another yellow on there actually called Butter!

newport, tennessee

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,927
Points 125,065

Thanks Jen, I found it.

Page 102 of 186 (2785 items) « First ... < Previous 100 101 102 103 104 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use