Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 99 of 115 (1717 items) « First ... < Previous 97 98 99 100 101 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,716 Replies | 42 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,416
Points 47,255
Angele replied on Thu, Aug 21 2014 7:49 PM

I've just tried to catch up since August 12 I think. I love all the beautiful things I've seen here. I haven't been able to keep up with the sites because this is what I did since mid June.

This one is for my nephew and his bride for their wedding.

This one is for my brother and his wife....just because I love them.

This one is for my other nephew's baby to be born in September. We are leaving in the morning heading east. We'll be visiting family and friends along the way.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,690
Points 120,810

Absolutely beautiful quilts Angele.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 905
Points 16,770

You did beautiful work on each of your quilts. You have been a busy lady!  Thank you for sharing your pictures with us.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,766
Points 67,095
Bonita replied on Thu, Aug 21 2014 8:03 PM

Angle, all three are just beautiful. You sure have been busy.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,144
Points 17,610
weezee56 replied on Thu, Aug 21 2014 8:12 PM

Angele your have three great looking quilts.

Thea please post pictures of your new LA.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,690
Points 120,810

Thanks Bonita. I'm hoping the rocking motion will come. I finished my little sample and will try another. I have a crate full of orphan blocks. Perhaps I'll sew a few of them together and try a design on actual pieced blocks. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,069
Points 29,185
Ramona replied on Fri, Aug 22 2014 8:28 AM

didash,

Diane, is this the type of binding you're talking about? Hope the link works. 

http://www.52quilts.com/2012/05/tuesday-tutorial-susies-magic-binding.html

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,069
Points 29,185
Ramona replied on Fri, Aug 22 2014 8:30 AM

Angele,

My goodness you're productive! Beautiful, beautiful quilts!  I now they'll be loved.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 244,017
Thea replied on Fri, Aug 22 2014 10:06 AM

Angele:

I've just tried to catch up since August 12 I think. I love all the beautiful things I've seen here. I haven't been able to keep up with the sites because this is what I did since mid June.

This one is for my nephew and his bride for their wedding.

This one is for my brother and his wife....just because I love them.

This one is for my other nephew's baby to be born in September. We are leaving in the morning heading east. We'll be visiting family and friends along the way.

Oh Angele - such a lot of work but Oh I THANK YOU!  My eyes were smiling they had such beautiful eye candy to look at.  I truly do thank you and wouldn't it be neat if you nephew was born on my 60th birthday - whooo hoooo - he would be one lucky boy!  teeheee...

I had to stop working on my quilt - I ran out of thread - never happened before that when I quilted a quilt I used up a whole spool of thread - I had a pratial spool of the same color I am using - a varigated light purple - so was able to get done with the one direction - now have sent in an order to pumpkinvine and the thread should be here on Monday - I needed to order some greens as one of the missionary sisters I am making a quilt for likes green so I went ahead and got that - plus I don't have a lot of greens - also picked up some black as a couple of the next quilts that I am going to do and the first ones probably on my new longarm(not here yet) will have black backings... I am so excited... I keep trying to check the link they sent me to follow my package but can't get it to work.  I might call them today and ask if they would redo the link...but may not as I am loving the anticipation - it is keeping me smiling...

I got the fabrics from connecting threads that I ordered for the backings for the next quilts so will cut them and sew them together for the right size,  Then I also got the fabric for the solid side of the blocks that I am going to make for the missionaries - I will cut them into the 10" squares and make one block for each quilt and then kit them up for taking to Iowa to the retreat.  I haven't got the fabric for Rita's purses yet - but hope soon - and will cut it and kit it too to make at retreat... Cuz I plan on playing with my long arm to learn how to use it...

Kris told me about a stool she bought for hers so looking into that as that was one of my concerns being able to stand as long as you need to and knowing me I will push it beyond my limits and then be down and out and I don't want that happening before retreat - after is fine...teehee...

Okay - need to get to work here - kitchen floor needs cleaning so I don't feel guilty once my longarm arrives...

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,144
Points 17,610
weezee56 replied on Fri, Aug 22 2014 10:22 AM

Kris what type of stool did you buy to use when you use your quilting frame?

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,292
Points 29,220
Agnes replied on Fri, Aug 22 2014 10:39 AM

Angele--Beautiful is the only word for your quilts. However, I am so drawn to the blue one. Just love it.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,292
Points 29,220
Agnes replied on Fri, Aug 22 2014 10:45 AM

Here's my latest finish, It's not pretty but functional. A jacket for my son's smoker. Both sides fabric are recycled cordouroy curtains. Binding was leftover from other projects. I then added two layers of batting and one of Insul Bright. It sure could keep the hit during our cold winters as he intends to use the smoker year round. I have had some fantastic meat and cob on the corn from his experiments.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 244,017
Thea replied on Fri, Aug 22 2014 11:13 AM

weezee56:

Weezee - she called it a saddle stool - I have just started investigating.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 244,017
Thea replied on Fri, Aug 22 2014 11:22 AM

Thea:

weezee56:

Weezee - she called it a saddle stool - I have just started investigating.

Weezee I found one on Amazon - that is where I do most of my buying that had awesome reviews for office work or dental work or sitting at your computer in an office all day long - so have taken the plunge - I got one with the back support and we shall see how it works.  I will let you know.  I do know that with my back and legs the way they are that without something I will have major problems - so since I took the plunge to buy a long arm - might as well get a stool...

thank you Kris for suggesting it.  I am not sure what kind you bought but I'll let everyone know if the kind I have ordered works for me.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,416
Points 47,255
Angele replied on Fri, Aug 22 2014 12:27 PM

Thank you Judy, Patricia Fay, Bonita,Weezee, Ramona, Thea, Agnes and I hope I didn't forget anyone. I had fun doing them, yet since I needed them done for today, I had to send the two queen size ones to the long armer to be quilted. I really hesitated as I didn't know any. Finally a friend recommended one and I am happy with the results. It does add a big cost to the quilts but it's ok.

now I hope I will be able to keep up with all of you. For now, we started our road trip! Cloudy yet no rain.

Angèle  from NWO

Page 99 of 115 (1717 items) « First ... < Previous 97 98 99 100 101 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use