Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 96 of 114 (1708 items) « First ... < Previous 94 95 96 97 98 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,707 Replies | 42 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,416
Points 47,255
Angele replied on Mon, Aug 18 2014 8:08 AM

Thea you are one busy lady! Last week I quilted a baba/lap quilt for my great niece to be born. The binding is on. Now I need to wash and dry before I take a picture. I have four days to bind two big queen sized quilts. Then we are on our way to New Brunswick to visit family, stopping in Sudbury, Ottawa, Quebec, and Amqui. Next three weeks will be very busy. So I need to get the cat off my legs and get to work!

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,062
Points 29,135
Ramona replied on Mon, Aug 18 2014 8:25 AM

Debbie,

That's a neat quilt. Don't think I've ever seen that pattern before. I like the way the borders are pieced. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 250
Points 3,570

Great quilt Debbie!!!

Barbara

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 244,017
Thea replied on Mon, Aug 18 2014 10:57 AM

Angele:

Thea you are one busy lady! Last week I quilted a baba/lap quilt for my great niece to be born. The binding is on. Now I need to wash and dry before I take a picture. I have four days to bind two big queen sized quilts. Then we are on our way to New Brunswick to visit family, stopping in Sudbury, Ottawa, Quebec, and Amqui. Next three weeks will be very busy. So I need to get the cat off my legs and get to work!

Angele - compared to all you are doing I am a very lazy lady!  I did start to do some more quilting on my diamond quilt.  I am amazed - I was sitting there and started perspiring... it isn't hot in my room at all but guess it is more physical then I realized so when that happened it was a sign I need to stop - As I am doing the rows diagonally each row is shorter then the row before so I just have 3 more rows to go and this 1/2 of one side will be done - then I go back to the long rows in the middle again that take a whole bobbin to themselves.  I was looking at my thread and may have to order some more thread - I will see how much I have left when I get this side direction done - I don't think I have another spool of this thread...never ran through a whole spool of thread quilting a quilt before.  But if I think I do - pumpkinvinecorner will be getting another order from me.  I need to pick up a few other colors too - a friend saw my latest quilted purse the blue and gray one and asked me to make her one - she wants greens - that is my least favorite color so had to order some fabrics and will have to order some more thread for it - I don't have but a little bit of the dark green spool left - it will probably be enough to do the purse but not for any more of my MR quilts.  

Resting for a while - do not want to push it today... 3rd load of wash in and still have the kitchen floor to do - it didn't get done last Friday so although it doesn't look bad I know it needs to be done... I am hoping that I continue to have energy today.  At least the pain is about 1/10 of yesterday... and I am awake!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,766
Points 67,095
Bonita replied on Mon, Aug 18 2014 11:33 AM

Not yet today but hope to get back to the calender blocks, have 9 complete. Also working on some Halloween blocks five of them done, need 8 more.

Spent the morning taking DGD to her first day of school,then catching up on a couple of recorded shows with DD  we try to watch together. Have another DRs appontment this afternoon. Those never go away.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,840
Points 366,257
Kris replied on Mon, Aug 18 2014 12:16 PM

My Loyal Union Sampler Hallowe'en top is complete. I'm loving this. Need to finish the back and get it quilted.

• | Post Points: 125
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,686
Points 120,775

Wow wow wow Kris. I love it. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 359
Points 8,035
didash replied on Mon, Aug 18 2014 1:27 PM

Kris - Love the quilt!! I would have never thought of making that quilt with Halloween fabrics! Very creative :)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 359
Points 8,035
didash replied on Mon, Aug 18 2014 1:30 PM

God Bless the dear soul that "discovered" chain piecing!!!  If I know who she or he was and if they were still among us, I think I would travel hundreds of miles just to plant a big fat one on their cheek! :)   With over 144 blocks, with 15 seams per block, chain piecing is saving my sanity!  LOL!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,142
Points 17,585
weezee56 replied on Mon, Aug 18 2014 1:39 PM

Kris love your Halloween LUS top.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 713
Points 13,895

Kris, that is just beautiful! I love all the color. I followed your blocks as you posted them to the LUS forum and now I got to see them all together. Fabulous job, as always.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 244,017
Thea replied on Mon, Aug 18 2014 2:27 PM

Kris, That is gorgeous and so much work.  Very happy you have it completed and can't wait till it is quilted.  Awesome job!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,840
Points 366,257
Kris replied on Mon, Aug 18 2014 4:14 PM

Debbie-do:

If I could do this over I'd use only 12 blocks and make the border much wider or at least replace the cornerstones with border fabric but it is what it is.  For a moment I seriously thought about ripping it down and doing just that but I snapped out of it pretty quickly!

Looks good Debbie.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,840
Points 366,257
Kris replied on Mon, Aug 18 2014 4:21 PM

Debbie Dear I love your red black and white quilt.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,840
Points 366,257
Kris replied on Mon, Aug 18 2014 4:27 PM

Thanks for the compliments on my quilt top Ladies.

Page 96 of 114 (1708 items) « First ... < Previous 94 95 96 97 98 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use