Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 90 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 88 89 90 91 92 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,039 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,831
Points 39,980
ls2116 replied on Wed, Aug 13 2014 6:44 PM

Brenda can't wait to see you border, it looks great as it is though.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,801
Points 67,540
Bonita replied on Wed, Aug 13 2014 7:36 PM

Brenda, your GH will love it. Great job.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 28,590
Marsha-SM replied on Wed, Aug 13 2014 7:45 PM

Kris:

Hey anybody notice the leaves have already started to change colours where they live? Ours think it's fall already...very depressing.

Just noticed today that one maple tree near us has completely turned and spots are showing up on others. They seem to be changing fast.   I have heard it is going to be an early Fall/Winter.  Maybe the predictions are going to be right.  I hope not!!!  

I haven't gotten much done since last Wed.  Another storm related Fibromyalgia flare!!  Finally got graduation quilt #4 sandwiched and pinned today and discovered the backing is SHORT!!!  Now I have to add a strip to the bottom while it is pinned.   At least I can get some of the quilting done before I need to add the piece.  Then it will be easier to handle on my small machine.  The new one is just for FMQ.   I guess my foggy mind couldn't measure properly.  One half is 2 inches longer than the other but I put that at the top.  It still would have been short.  Boys don't notice such things so I may take a strip off the side and add that to the bottom.  Since I pre-wash there shouldn't be a difference in shrinkage.  I didn't cut the sides to size, so maybe that was a good thing.  I could have shortened the width also and made more problems!  The pattern will be the wrong direction but won't be too obvious.  

I wish these storms would leave.  If they continue, this winter will be like the ones 40 years ago.  We have had considerably less snow in late years, except for last year, but maybe the "tide has turned".  I had a better day today, so maybe no more storms are coming at us for a while.  I can usually feel when they are coming.  I am glad for us that the last storm just left a little rain, but the East coast got what we were supposed to get!  They didn't need any more rain and flooding either.  (Sorry I used that nasty 4-letter word - - I know how you hate it. )

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 497
Points 10,005
tnmtgrl replied on Wed, Aug 13 2014 8:39 PM

I worked on the crib bumpers that are going with my baby quilt, I finished them........

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,181
Points 18,155
weezee56 replied on Wed, Aug 13 2014 10:11 PM

Brenda, Your DH quilt looks great, I'm sure he will love it. 

Jen I really like your crib bumpers pads.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Thu, Aug 14 2014 7:34 AM

Brenda :

I am working on this quilt for my DH.  I named it Roaming Buffalo.  I meant to make it large lap quilt but it just keeps growing.  It is now 60X72 and is still growing.  I still would like to add a small border on it. 

Brenda, 

Your buffalo quilt is wonderful and perfect for the man in your life. Great job on this. I think a border will look very nice and still not be too large.  It depends on how tall your DH is and how much he wants to snuggle up during t.v. time.  My DH sits in a recliner to watch t.v. and still covers to his neck in the winter.  I'm 5'2" and I use a twin size folded in half on the sofa to get cozy.  I think he's going to absolutely love it!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Thu, Aug 14 2014 7:35 AM

Jen,

Your crib bumpers are wonderful. That little one is going to love them. Great job!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Thu, Aug 14 2014 7:40 AM

Bonita, Diane and Kris,

Thank you for the kind remarks! 

I sure enjoying some beautiful weather in south central KY today. Nice and cool this morning.  I can feel some porch time calling me. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 497
Points 10,005
tnmtgrl replied on Thu, Aug 14 2014 7:41 AM

Thanks Weezee! It's my first time to make them...think  I will start including them with all baby quilts I make from now on.

i

newport, tennessee

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 497
Points 10,005
tnmtgrl replied on Thu, Aug 14 2014 7:44 AM

Ramona:

I sure enjoying some beautiful weather in south central KY today. Nice and cool this morning.  I can feel some porch time calling me. 

Same here in E. TN...I am on the porch enjoying a glass of OJ and watching the humming birds play.

i

newport, tennessee

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Thu, Aug 14 2014 7:45 AM

Angele,

Thank you so much. I was a bit leary of the pieces getting under my hopping foot and I would end up pushing them all over the quilt before getting them stitched in place. LOL As you may know, they have tacky stuff on the back and that worked fairly well to hold them in place long enough to get them quilted. 

Thanks again.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Thu, Aug 14 2014 7:46 AM

Is2116,

Thank you so much. Found it at JoAnns. :-)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Thu, Aug 14 2014 7:49 AM

Karla,

Your BIL Harley t-shirt quilt is wonderful! I love the border fabric. It's such a perfect choice. I bet he's crazy about it.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 497
Points 10,005
tnmtgrl replied on Thu, Aug 14 2014 7:51 AM

Ramona:

Jen,

Your crib bumpers are wonderful. That little one is going to love them. Great job!

Thanks Ramona.....having a bit of trouble typing....fur baby wants to nap in my arms...lol

newport, tennessee

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Thu, Aug 14 2014 7:53 AM

Jen,

We've enjoyed a wonderful summer here. I wish all summers were this nice. Sure there's been rain and a few hot days but overall some fantastic summer weather. Enjoy your porch time. Doesn't come around all that often.

Page 90 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 88 89 90 91 92 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use