Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 89 of 120 (1791 items) « First ... < Previous 87 88 89 90 91 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,790 Replies | 46 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,430
Points 47,505
Angele replied on Tue, Aug 12 2014 8:29 PM

Thea, you never cease to amaze me. I finally put the backing on a table runner. I need to finish quilting one in the next two days, but it can't motivate myself. You need to kick me in the pants! You did a beautiful job on that quilt and the owl one is so much fun!  What sweet dreams to be dreamt under that one!

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,430
Points 47,505
Angele replied on Tue, Aug 12 2014 8:31 PM

Roxana:

I don't post often because I am so belated at completely finishing anything like the rest of you. I do enjoy seeing all of your work and find it quite inspiring. I did finish a project this afternoon for my quilt guild's craft fair booth so I wanted to share it. It was lots of fun to do. Now back to another project that needs to get finished! ;-)

Roxanna, this looks so neat...3D stars. That is how they look from here.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,430
Points 47,505
Angele replied on Tue, Aug 12 2014 8:38 PM

Ramona your miniature quilt is very nice. I would never have thought of using scrapbook pieces. What a great idea! Not cheating...being creative.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,770
Points 39,155
ls2116 replied on Tue, Aug 12 2014 10:34 PM

Awesome cowboy fabric and quilt Ramona .  Roxanna yours looks great at least you made progress on completing one as my fingers have been very busy communicating with DD during her water crises.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 115
Points 1,970

Love seeing everyone's work. Wish I would accomplish something. I rearranged my living room and cleaned behind everything. That is what I did.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 602
Points 9,590
Joyce replied on Tue, Aug 12 2014 11:40 PM

Elaine it sounds like you accomplished a lot.  I set a goal for myself today to clean the 2 bathrooms that are upstairs.  I made it and some laundry and then while one load washed I did some sewing.  HOpe I can get down tomorrow and do a little more.

We had around 8 inches of rain today.  It was a mess flooding everywhere.  I had to drive in it to pick up my grandson.  I hydroplaned once water I couldn't see.  A ambulance went by with a rubber boat in tow and a firetruck following that.  Had to go thru water to get back home van started acting like it was going to quit, jerking and the brakes were funny.  I knew to pump the brakes when they were wet.  I was shaking for a long time after we finally made it home.  My husband was stuck on the BWI parkway for over a hour just sitting as they had shut the road down.  Never seen that much rain at one time.  Thank God for a safe & dry home.

Joyce

Md.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,480
Points 244,362
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 13 2014 8:35 AM

Joyce, I am glad that you made it home safe and sound.  I am always scared when I hear about that much water coming down so quickly.  It seems like in the USA lately we are either too little or too much.  We really need to pray for a happy medium.  I finished the quilting on my 4 year old circle quilt and after I sew down the binding on Sunday will post pictures.  I am waiting for my body to wake up enough to head over to the church.  I have the backings ready to sandwich 3 more of my tops.  I have another one ready that I might take with me - but am thinking 3 is pushing it for me to sandwich - 4 could put me over but I think I'll put it in the car and see how I am doing... going to take my kindle with me to be able to take small breaks in between the sandwiching.  

I watched Johnny Depp's new movie Transcendence and found it very good.  It will become a classic I am sure - the love story angle and the good G rating were wonderful to watch.  It kept my attention from beginning to end.  I also liked Divergent which I recently watched.  

I got some Christmas buttons from Hobby Lobby yesterday to put on my ornaments plus the gold and red string stuff to put on them for hangers.  So cute - I hate to use these buttons as they are precious.  I would put them on a dress for Echo but my DIL would put the dress in the yard sales next year and the buttons that are so special would go bye bye... Oh well, I do need to get busy today... I am still warming up and readying myself to go to the church.  I have the kitchen all cleaned up so no worries there and did all the laundry yesterday - all that is left to do for my chores is the kitchen and hallway floors - I even vacuumed the ceiling fans yesterday... Yep... looked up and saw the one with a huge clump of Oklahoma dust bunnies on it and said that is enough... I have to keep the floor in my bedroom/sewing area cleaned up of these or they end up on my quilt tops when I am pressing them...

Well, time to start getting dressed and out the door... can you tell I am procrastinating this morning... but have company coming this afternoon so have to do this this morning...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,480
Points 244,362
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 13 2014 10:53 AM

Well, I sat in my chair for about 30 minutes after I posted above post and then gathered all the materials and headed for the church... I am home with 3 quilts sandwiched.  I was going to do the 4th although my energy was close to being spent - was laying out the backing fabric and realized I had never sewn it together - so I cut it to size while I was on the big tables - so much easier then cutting at home... and brought it back home to sew together - I now have 3 ready to quilt and 6 in my closet waiting to be sandwiched... oh my... I am going to make a dent in these before I start a new quilt... the ones in the closet are not counting my 2 black samplers or my owl quilt... I really have to make a decision to make the top and quilt it - not just jump into the next quilt... hahaha... but I am going to try hard to make a dent in this pile of tops needing quilting... I will ... I will... I will try....teeheee....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,591
Points 75,975
Karla replied on Wed, Aug 13 2014 12:05 PM

Haven't been on this site or any of the others much lately, my computer does not want to cooperate.  I think I need to get my DSIL over here to check it out and clean it up, but I'll wait until next week, as his parents have been here visiting from the UK for the past 6 weeks.  They are leaving for home tomorrow, so maybe he'll have a chance to look at it over the weekend.  I didn't want to interrupt his visits with his parents or their ability to spend time with their granddaughter, even though we are still babysitting her almost everyday.

All I've managed to complete this summer, from start to finish that is, is a t-shirt quilt for the DBIL, made from his Harley t-shirts.  I've caught up on my BOM, and have all the blocks done and sewn together for the LUS, still need to border it and quilt it, but the hard part is done.

Here is a picture of the t-shirt quilt.  The LUS is in the media section of the LUS site.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,585
Points 47,630
Debbie-do replied on Wed, Aug 13 2014 2:20 PM

Hey there everyone!  I had a little "work" done on me back in June and my energy and creativity are finally coming together at the same time.  A couple of weeks ago I found a pattern in a recent magazine that just had to be made for my oldest honorary grandchild (sorry, it's not in front of me and I can't remember what magazine!).  It used up some of my fat quarters and of course I had to buy the rest.  Started a marathon sewing spree on Saturday and if all goes well I'll put the borders on tonight!  It's definitely not my best work but I hope to hide the blemishes in the quilting and I don't think a 4 year old will mind much :)  It's sure good to be sewing again!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,461
Points 40,975
Mimi replied on Wed, Aug 13 2014 3:27 PM

Welcome back Karla and Debbie-do!!   I'm so glad to know you both are okay and quilting.  It had been a while since both of you posted here. It's hard when life gets in the way of your favorite past time.  Can't wait to see more of your fabulous creations.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Wed, Aug 13 2014 3:28 PM

Debbie-do,  I hope the work done on you was successful and what you wanted it to be.   Ginny

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 158
Points 2,720
Brenda replied on Wed, Aug 13 2014 5:09 PM

I am working on this quilt for my DH.  I named it Roaming Buffalo.  I meant to make it large lap quilt but it just keeps growing.  It is now 60X72 and is still growing.  I still would like to add a small border on it. 

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,480
Points 244,362
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 13 2014 5:27 PM

Brenda, Your DH is going to love it - growing quilts - that reminds me when I made my son his wolf quilt - it grew and grew - ended up being 100x110 when it was done - he loves it... Your DH is going to love you!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,723
Points 121,500

Brenda, your buffalo quilt is great. Perfect for a guy.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Page 89 of 120 (1791 items) « First ... < Previous 87 88 89 90 91 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use