Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 88 of 271 (4062 items) « First ... < Previous 86 87 88 89 90 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4,061 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,125
Points 252,497
Thea replied on Tue, Aug 12 2014 12:25 PM

Donna:

I am out of town for the weekend so no sewing today,  however I did finish the Labyrinth Path quilt top before I left yesterday.  Here is a pic.

Donna - awesome maze quilt - You did an outstanding job!  I love it - so intricate in the work!  Quilting dance for you!

I call this butterfly quilt now as i did huge butterflies in each other blocks - it is finshed and the cats gave it a thumbs up and are snoozing on the bed - I tried to shoo them off so I could take a picture and got a resounding MEOW!  so left them there...

This is the Owl quilt top - I do not have the pupils done yet for their eyes - have decided I am going to hand embroider them in so will work on them on Sundays while I am watching the nascar races or football until I have another quilt to do hand binding on.

And Sunday after I got the binding done and because I really had to stay put to recover from being so ill from the weather I made these star ornaments...

I put the button on one - on that one there are buttons on both sides.  I found though that if I sewed very carefully that those threads in the center really did not need to be covered up - I went through my button box and found buttons for the rest - another job for Sundays... but am also going to look for some Christmas buttons - I found 2 in my button box and thought how great they would look...

Yesterday and Today so far - I am quilting one of the quilt tops that has been waiting to be done... I have 6 right now that have been waiting a long time so have decided to spend my time for a while working on them... I have backings for 3 - I thought I had 3 that were sandwiched but as it turns out I had done 2 of those earlier this year but have the backings ready and after I get this one quilted will take those to the church and sandwich them... My schedule is set and am trying hard to keep to it... 

Weather is not supposed to bother me for another 2 days so getting done what I can while I have the extra energy to do it.

• | Post Points: 110
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,132
Points 36,875
Roxana replied on Tue, Aug 12 2014 3:31 PM

I don't post often because I am so belated at completely finishing anything like the rest of you. I do enjoy seeing all of your work and find it quite inspiring. I did finish a project this afternoon for my quilt guild's craft fair booth so I wanted to share it. It was lots of fun to do. Now back to another project that needs to get finished! ;-)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,125
Points 252,497
Thea replied on Tue, Aug 12 2014 3:37 PM

Roxana - that is so cute>  I bought that Quilter's saying fabric.  I have so many ideas with what to do with it.  Very nice - great work!  Thank you for the eye candy!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,750
Points 139,710

I love it Roxana.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,164
Points 30,425
Ramona replied on Tue, Aug 12 2014 3:57 PM

Thea,

You are just one busy lady. You get so much done despite how you feel. You need to come here and motivate me!!

I did get this finished for the miniture quilt auction. I cheated by not piecing. Used scrapbook pieces to embelish, tuel for the cover and quilted close to keep the pieces in place. Something different and at  least I finished something for it.  Maybe do something a little more difficult later. We'll see. 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,164
Points 30,425
Ramona replied on Tue, Aug 12 2014 3:58 PM

Roxana,

Cute runner!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,164
Points 30,425
Ramona replied on Tue, Aug 12 2014 4:00 PM

Thea,

I meant to say that the owl quilt is adorable!!! Can't wait to see what you do with the eyes.  The blue quilt has a seal of approval I see and I really like the butterflies in the blocks. Nice. 

Are the ornaments for your tree or are they a gift? Just didn't know if I should wait by the mailbox or not.  They are so nice and a lot of work.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 403
Points 8,815
didash replied on Tue, Aug 12 2014 5:48 PM

Hi All from rainy Delaware!

OK - trying to "catch up" here...

Weezee - great instructions on the fabric boxes...worked perfectly!  Love the big quilt you are starting! Can't wait to see it finished :)

Ramona - Your feather quilting is amazing!  Enough said!

Lori - Great Row by Row quilt...being the "first in" is fun, isn't it??  Can't wait to use some of the fat quarters I won...

Thea - Absolutely LOVE the almost Amish sampler!  Needs to go on my to-do list - LOL!  I'm amazed at how much you get done with how badly you so often feel.  You are in by prayers girl!

Jen - Terrific job on the Labyrinth Quilt...really like your color combo!

Agnes - Your Winter Birds hanging is inspiring - as is all of your work :)

Patricia Faye - I'm sooo impressed with the needleturn applique runner...that is one skill I just can't seem to "get" in spite of doing all kinds of needlework for years!

Donna - Great job on the Labyrinth Walk.  My pattern is still sitting in the pile waiting for me to get to it  :(

Roxanna - I really like what you did with the quilt sayings fabric and the runner.  I purchased 3 panels while on the Row by Row shop hop.  Cut them apart and set aside all the ones I want to use (THAT was a hard decision!).  My plan is to make a Quilting Memories quilt - eventually..  I save fabric from each quilt I make and will make pieced blocks from that fabric...then the quilter's sayings will be the alternate blocks.  I will use the fabric license plates I've been collecting as the borders.  In my mind, it looks really kewl...but time will tell!  LOL!  This is not a quilt that will be "in production" very soon....just setting aside all the scraps in a box as I get other things done.

I sure hope I didn't forget anyone!  I just love seeing all of your work...it is sooo inspiring for this newbie!

As for me, I've gotten almost all of the pieces cut for the king-sized pinwheel quilt for DSD...only had to buy the white background fabric and one fat quarter of grey.  Everything else came from stash and scraps :)  Love using up those big and small scraps!  Sewed together 4 of the blocks and discovered they came out short.  Duh! I forgot that my test block was sewn together with scant 1/4" seams so have to rip the first four out.

Quilting on the Stratford Stars is driving me crazy!! Decided to do feathers on the sashing separating each of the blocks.  The first one came out SOOO GOOD - then I realized how bad the tension was off when I looked at the back :(  Not only did I have to rip out all the quilting I had done, but also had to rip out the next two tries at feathers because they looked so bad :(((   Trying to come up with a Plan B.  I need to get this done and wrapped SOON. Ramona, I need you to come to DE and either show me how to do this or better yet....do it for me!!! 

Enough socializing for now...really need to get at the sewing machine because tomorrow will be a no-sew day :(

Hugs to all,

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,303
Points 20,595
weezee56 replied on Tue, Aug 12 2014 7:27 PM

Thea:
I made these star ornaments...

Thea:
This is the Owl quilt top

Thea:
i did huge butterflies in each other blocks

Thea they are all great.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,041
Points 71,385
Bonita replied on Tue, Aug 12 2014 7:42 PM

Donna, love your quilt.It's the nicest one I've seen.

Thea, love the blue and the kittys too. the owls are to cute. You sure have been busy.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,041
Points 71,385
Bonita replied on Tue, Aug 12 2014 7:46 PM

Roxana, love the runner.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,041
Points 71,385
Bonita replied on Tue, Aug 12 2014 7:52 PM

Ramona, Love the quilting you did on the country quilt.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,966
Points 384,132
Kris replied on Tue, Aug 12 2014 8:01 PM

Thea I like your owls and the putty tats on the bed. You should remember that you make quilts for them and they let you use them. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,966
Points 384,132
Kris replied on Tue, Aug 12 2014 8:03 PM

Roxana:
I don't post often because I am so belated at completely finishing anything like the rest of you. I do enjoy seeing all of your work and find it quite inspiring. I did finish a project this afternoon for my quilt guild's craft fair booth so I wanted to share it. It was lots of fun to do. Now back to another project that needs to get finished! ;-)

I like it Roxana. Nice work.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,966
Points 384,132
Kris replied on Tue, Aug 12 2014 8:05 PM

Ramona:

I did get this finished for the miniture quilt auction. I cheated by not piecing. Used scrapbook pieces to embelish, tuel for the cover and quilted close to keep the pieces in place. Something different and at  least I finished something for it...

It looks great Ramona. WTG.

• | Post Points: 35
Page 88 of 271 (4062 items) « First ... < Previous 86 87 88 89 90 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use