Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 85 of 114 (1699 items) « First ... < Previous 83 84 85 86 87 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,698 Replies | 42 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 243,987
Thea replied on Fri, Aug 8 2014 2:37 PM

Betty, thank you - I will be watching for pictures of those 20 quilts and anymore you get done in the meantime.  A small quilt show - how fantastic for me... lots of quilt eye candy... Am still in my chair as you can see have checked my email and found your reply - oh the anticipation - love it!!!  

I have so many tops to quilt but this year I am trying hard to keep up with the ones I make I quilt and doing pretty good at that - I have already said that after the Owl quilt gets made that those quilts that I found in the closet that are sandwiched waiting to become quilts are the next on my list - plus the black sampler - the black flannel quilt.  I think I have about 10 bats left to use so some quilt tops that are waiting might get done - like after I do these and am totally practiced in fmq I might do my double wedding ring which has been waiting for about 4 years... It is a king so will take me a little bit of good health to do.

Linda Koller lives up in Ohio - not sure exactly where but she might be a quilter you could contact.  There are quite a few in Ohio if memory serves me right... Erin might be up there too.  

Hurry with that camera - you know what anticipation does...:)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 905
Points 16,770

Thea, love reading your posts!  Love everyone's work.  I finished up the Needle Turn Class today so was able to come home & put the rest of the table runner together.  Now I need to pick out the backing then sandwich & quilt it.  Here's a photo of it. It's called Summer Glory.

I've also finished the last of the appliqué on my Winter Wonderland quilt & so also need to find the backing then sandwich & quilt it!  I'm struggling with what backing to use.  

And one more!  My niece is having a little boy in November so I've had this fabric for a while but was unsure what to do with it.  I finally  found a pattern & put this together last week.  I have it sandwiched & ready to quilt.    

So happy it's Friday!  We're having pizza & a movie so better stop here!  Have a great weekend everyone.  

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 243,987
Thea replied on Fri, Aug 8 2014 5:50 PM

Oh Pat, how wonderful - logged back on to report that Owls are done except for pupils and got eye candy - oooh laaa laaa... happy quilting dance.

For your WinterWonderland - i saw a beautiful cardinal fabric that came out earlier this year or last year that would be beautiful for a backing for that quilt - it would go with the front so wonderfully.  I truly like that quilt and hope that she offers the pattern one of these days before I totally forget it...:)  It is gorgeous... and that baby quilt - awesome and your needleturn table runner - well what can I say you must have gotten an A in the class... 

I am happy right now but we have storms coming tonight - only night for the weekend and then no rain or storms till next Thursday - so aches and pains tomorrow but then I should be okay for a few hot Oklahoma days... :)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 6,980
Mz M replied on Fri, Aug 8 2014 5:56 PM

I couldn't find how to start a new conversation but I have a question. I have a Gammill  Classic and am unable to find the bobbins with 3 holes. I have made contact with the company and they send me the ones with multiple holes and are flat on the surface where the 3 hole bobbins slant in on the edges. the ones that the company send me heat up the bobbin case and when I replace it with the 3 whole bobbin it works fine again......................help please.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,062
Points 29,135
Ramona replied on Fri, Aug 8 2014 6:25 PM

Mz M, 

There is a Gammill Yahoo site that I get on to ask questions. It's only for Gammill owners. I don't know much about computers but this is the link that comes up when I get on that site.   https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/GammillOwners/conversations/messages

I'm very sure someone there will answer your question. Very informative site for Gammill.  Sorry I can't help you. Mine is a Gammill Classic Plus and takes the multi-hole bobbins. 

Good luck!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,645
Deb replied on Fri, Aug 8 2014 7:05 PM

I just love when you ladies have been busy and there's so many beautiful pictures! I so enjoyed each picture. :)

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,761
Points 66,995
Bonita replied on Fri, Aug 8 2014 7:54 PM

Agnes, love it and the quilting loooks so good.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,761
Points 66,995
Bonita replied on Fri, Aug 8 2014 7:56 PM

patricia Faye, you sure have been busy. Beautiful job on all your quilts.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 180
Points 2,645

Ginny, you made my day! the church we will be attending is only 1.4 miles from Bedford. I have been spending a lot of time checking where things are. It was so fun I took a virtual drive all around. It is so beautiful, a lot of country, trees etc. I was born in Chicago, but I have always been a country girl at heart. Sadly I will not be doing any sewing till we move, there is just tooooo much to do and don't know how much time we will have to do it. I have to sell my house and have several yard sales.We had a realator over Thursday and she thought it was great because it is a Big house , 4 good size bedrooms, a huge bonus room, a big yard and separate fenced large garden, plus paved parking for a 30 ft motor home which is also fenced. A lot of plus's to override the cons. First we have to clear out the stuff. LOL    Oh and Patricia, your quilts are beautiful , I am getting withdrawl pain already. Back to work here, I wish I could wiggle my nose or something. LOL   Betty

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 435
Points 8,765
tnmtgrl replied on Fri, Aug 8 2014 8:25 PM

I got my 1st baby quilt pieced together except for borders....and yes there are TMNT in a baby quilt....that is what I was asked to make..... they are going to use it for a boy or girl.....they picked the fabric and the pattern......as the saying goes "the customer is always right".........

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,137
Points 17,530

To everyone that has posted in the past few days, all the quilt, wall hanging and everything else looks wonderful. I can't remember everyone's names.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,292
Points 29,205
Agnes replied on Fri, Aug 8 2014 10:14 PM

Thanks for all the kind compliments on my Winter Bird's Hanging. I was pleased with the quilting on it yet this afternoon when I tried to quilt a very simple sleeve holder for my water bottle and one for my telephoto camera lens nothing worked right so I changed to the walking foot. It just wasn't worth the frustration.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 435
Points 8,765
tnmtgrl replied on Sat, Aug 9 2014 7:28 AM

Thea:
Jen, It looks awesome!  are you leaving it on your bed?  

Thea, this is going to a good friend, she asked me to do it for her.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 243,987
Thea replied on Sat, Aug 9 2014 8:21 AM

Jen - I am all for the teenage mutant ninja turtle but not sure about the block they picked - but it is theirs and I never argue with someone - I just do the work... They will like it and the baby will love it and that is all that matters.

My son growing up have every piece of material and toy with TMNT stuff... oh my ... and they are coming back...Micky Mouse Club should come back again for us...teehee!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 243,987
Thea replied on Sat, Aug 9 2014 8:50 AM

There are rain storms all around us - I woke at just before 3 in the morning and sleep was gone... took my pain meds - did my exercises and prayed that the weather would leave the area - got up fed the critters / Mom - then have done 2 loads of laundry and sewed the center together for the Owl quilt - the center is  4 applique tree blocks and then you do a quarter square triangle border around that - so am now making the quarter square triangle blocks - I have 3 completed and I think a whole bunch to go... but had to stop for a little while and rest - rubbed the pain/anti inflammatory cream on my legs and back and letting it soak in - I do not want to take more pain meds so hoping this eases it up... I would sew some more but sitting in my sewing chair was causing me more pain then I could stand...

Speaking of Noah that I talked of before - I am going to have to go back and watch it again... I got the impression from the writer that he was trying to say that life had happened all before just like it is now and that we started back at the beginning.  I do wish he had stayed a little more with the script of the family - Noah's but then he has creative license and it was interesting to watch...

I then watched Divergent and found it interesting... am wondering what lesson that writer wanted us to learn - Don't Judge a Book by its Cover is what came to mind - that we all are different and tests don't always tell what a person should do or become and some people just don't fall into a specific groove.

I have the new Johnny Depp movie to watch sometime this weekend... but then there is tennis on and nascar racing and FOOTBALL is back... although football makes me a little sad as Dad would call me every Sunday to talk about our Bills...and I better be watching the game - but I love it no matter what and I recorded my Bills last night and watched them this morning when I was doing my exercises... they need some work but are getting there...

Have to go now the washer is beeping at me - I have another quilt from my bed yet to wash and they take some time... so off I go - smiling - hurting - gonna sew some more later...:)

• | Post Points: 35
Page 85 of 114 (1699 items) « First ... < Previous 83 84 85 86 87 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use