Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 84 of 112 (1680 items) « First ... < Previous 82 83 84 85 86 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,679 Replies | 42 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,287
Points 29,075
Agnes replied on Fri, Aug 8 2014 8:24 AM

Thea--Love the Almost Amish top. That type of idea has appealed to me for a long time. I just haven't done anything about it so far.

Jen--As stated elsewhere I love your Labyrinth quilt. 

My latest finish, a small fall or winter wall hanging.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,431
Points 243,442
Thea replied on Fri, Aug 8 2014 8:26 AM

I ordered my black fabric today from Missouri Star - they had Moda black for $5.95 a yard... so it is on its way!!!  I saw a quilt called Hummingbird that I am thinking hard on buying the kit to do while at retreat in Iowa.  I love hummingbirds and this is beautiful.  I am contacting them to find out if the border fabric is cut to length in the kit or if we piece it - if it is pieced then I just want the pattern and I'll buy the fabric myself.  Kind of picky in that I don't like to piece my borders unless they are a pieced block!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 114
Points 1,700

I wouldn't use the glue on eyes on anything that could be around a baby, young child, or pet.  I have that same feeling about buttons... Safety is too important.

stitcheraz

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,666
Points 120,350

Agnes, that is a wonderful wall hanging. I like the leaves you quilted into the border

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,431
Points 243,442
Thea replied on Fri, Aug 8 2014 9:09 AM

Agnes, Thank you - Love your wall hanging - so very pretty!  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,057
Points 29,065
Ramona replied on Fri, Aug 8 2014 9:19 AM

Agnes,

Very nice wallhanging!  If you got an extra one, send my way. I can't seem to get motivated to make the wallhangings I need to get done.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,057
Points 29,065
Ramona replied on Fri, Aug 8 2014 9:22 AM

tnmtgrl:

TADA!! It's done!!!!.... now I can start the two baby quilts that are next on the list..............

Very nice quilt. Love the soothing colors. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,431
Points 243,442
Thea replied on Fri, Aug 8 2014 10:53 AM

4 more owls to go before I start their eyes... taking a break and watched some of Jenny Doan's tutorials from Missouri Star - ordered some solid color fabrics to cut up into layer cakes to make some of her patterns.  I am too CHEAP to buy layer cakes - it cost me 5.95 a yard for the fabric and bought 1 1/2 yards of each to make the 40 10" squares that I need that if I bought a layer cake would cost me between $30 and $40 - so a little work at my cutting board will happen but will save me money too!  Shame on me but am always thinking of saving money... I make my own 2 1/2" strips too... I only buy these when it is really worth my while - I buy charm packs as there are so many different colors that I can use for so many things... this was solid color ones though and I saved those pennies...:)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 40
Points 525
Monica replied on Fri, Aug 8 2014 11:09 AM

I love it - thinks for the inspiration.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,431
Points 243,442
Thea replied on Fri, Aug 8 2014 12:10 PM

Okay - I lied... didn't realize that i lied - but I did - I had 7 owls left to do - I finished up 4 - the orange ones and now have the last 3 pink ones to do... had to stop though - DH interrupted me and I stopped...mistake... now am resting in my chair for maybe an hour - then those LAST 3 will get done and then it is on to all those eyes that I am going to satin stitch - then the noses - which I think I will go back to the blanket stitch with but may satin stitch - haven't quite decided...

I do think that I am going to draw the pupils on with permanent pens and make some looking left - some looking right and some cross-eyed...:)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 426
Points 8,540
tnmtgrl replied on Fri, Aug 8 2014 12:30 PM

Agnes:

Thea--Love the Almost Amish top. That type of idea has appealed to me for a long time. I just haven't done anything about it so far.

Jen--As stated elsewhere I love your Labyrinth quilt. 

My latest finish, a small fall or winter wall hanging.

Very nice wall hanging Agnes...I love it...would go great in my house!!

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 114
Points 1,700

Thea, 

I don't remember what machine(s) you have, but if you have ability to do lettering, try checking out the o's available to you.  Depending on the size of your eyes, you may have a variety of o's to choose from.  Periods (found with the numbers) are also good for adding pupils.  Someone I know also used c's and o's and used them as the foundation for the satin stitching.  Circles of fusible are also good foundations.

stitcheraz

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,431
Points 243,442
Thea replied on Fri, Aug 8 2014 1:45 PM

I have a Janome 6500 that I do my piecing and sewing on for quilting.  I have 4 other machines but all but my Janome and my Pfaff 2170 are in storage in MN.  I use the zig zag stitch reduced to 2.5 and .20 for my satin stitching on my Janome - well the 2.5 is for the eyes on this one - depends on how big the piece is that I am satin stitching on.  The pfaff can go down farther then .20 for the width of stitches - but this Janome stitch is pretty nice too.  I will look at the o's in my letters to see what it look likes.  Had not thought of that.  

I have all the bodies done now - 3 with eyes done and one that is completed with the nose too - wanted to see how the satin stitching looked on the nose...then I went back to the white thread and will finish all the eyes before I do anymore noses... it is going pretty quickly but I am having to take more breaks then I like... had to stop right now to take my pain meds - the pain was breaking through arms/wrists bad today... but I will get through this!  

Thank you so very much for the ideas for the eye pupils - awesome!!!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 180
Points 2,645

To all,   I have not been on posting, but have been viewing comments in  my e-mail.  At the first of the year I made up my mind that this year I would concentrate on finishing the 24 tops that had been waiting...... A month ago I finished 20 of them. The last four are king size and I needed a break !!! Then I found out I will be moving, possibly out of state, to Ohio, just east of Cleveland.  I am hopefully wondering if there are any quilters in this area in QCA  ? The preacher in our very small congregation  has realized that it is time for him to move on. I told him...where he goes...I go !  What I did not know was that they had discussed [ he and his wife] a couple of years ago that they were going to adopt me!  I was amazed. He had been watching over me since my husband passed in '08.  He said I was now part of his family. They are also raising their 2 grandsons 8 & 9.  We are now waiting to see if that is where the Lord is sending us. In the meantime I am packing and downsizing 40 years of stuff. Only one condition.... My sewing room  stuff. LOL    I will give some things away.

Thea, I just wanted to say I really enjoy your posts. It seems to me that we think alike in so many ways.  I will be watching and hopefully will be able to post again before we leave and as to where we wil be going.  I still have to take pictures of the 20 finished  quilts. In the meantime to all ...keep up the beautiful work.

Betty

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,541
Points 51,230
Ginny replied on Fri, Aug 8 2014 2:26 PM

Yes Betty, there is at least 1 QCA quilter around Cleveland.  That is Linda, she lives in Bedford, a suburb of Cleveland and is an avid quilter and a joy to be with.  She often posts on here and hopefully will see your note.     Ginny

Page 84 of 112 (1680 items) « First ... < Previous 82 83 84 85 86 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use