Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 83 of 188 (2811 items) « First ... < Previous 81 82 83 84 85 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,810 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,933
Points 125,230

Great quilt Thea!  I'm looking forward to seeing the quilting. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,975

Thea absolutely love the colors on this quilt top. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180

Ramona:
Your flood pictures were an eye opener. I can't imagine that much rain. Glad everyone was ok.

The good fortune (for the people, not the roads) was everywhere.  Soon after the storm started a woman left her father's house on a road that follows along beside the Genesee river and just as she passed on a low area of the road which is place that has flooded in the past, the water rushed up and took out the road right behind her.  She got out of the danger zone then called her father to warn him.  He told her to call 911 because of; the danger to others.  We travel this road often.  The county fire coordinator responded with others so that the road could be blocked.  This road was scheduled to be blacktopped TODAY after being gravel since the last washout over 5 years ago.  Now they have to rebuild it AGAIN.

Our son's road is also closed now as they are the only permanent resident on the road and can just get as far as their house.  The people who own the land at the top of the hill don't come out very often.  Daughter-in-law called the owner to let him know what happened and that he will not be able to get up there probably for quite a while.  It doesn't sound like this weather will be gone any time soon.  The sun was shining most of the day while were trucking today, but the skies are not so pretty now.  All the rain seems to concentrate in narrow streaks.  The two bad storms this week were Sunday and Tuesday - I thought they were farther apart because it has seemed like a long, long week!!  

It is very hard to look at GGS's pictures since he was born over there and know that we probably not get to see him until next June at the earliest.  He will be walking by then and not a cuddler!  They will be stationed somewhere in the US after then, but don't have any idea where that will be.  She is from Georgia and he is from PA so they hope it will be somewhere in the East.

I am ready to sandwich quilt #4 tonight as soon as I get the back pieced.  I am ironing a 10 yd. piece of camouflage fabric.  Got half done this morning and will finish soon.  We got home about a hour ago and I have been sitting here with my painful feet up.  Feet feel better now, so back to the quilts.

Weather forecast is on now - no rain forecast until next Tue. night, but partly cloudy most days (we have heard that before this summer).  Our "partly cloudy" skies seem to LEAK!!  It was partly cloudy the days of the flooding - blue skies and black clouds.  Rich wants to get some hay cut and baled, so it will probably rain before it gets dry enough to bale. That's a farmer's life!!

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180

Thea, like Judy I am anxious to see this quilted.  It is so colorful.  As you have probably guessed from some of my quilts lately, I like using black for sashing and borders.  I have also dreamed of making a sampler with black background and bright colors.  I have made many afghans with leftover bright colors with black.  I like your idea of black for the back also.  Have fun with the quilting.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Thu, Aug 7 2014 6:24 PM

Thank you everyone for the nice words on my quilt - it is bright and the black just sets everything off.  I do like how the border ended up - it was a good mistake...teehee... Marsha - I just can not imagine the southertier flooding  - that is just a wow to me.  I have been watching the rains everywhere this summer.  We - here in Oklahoma - had been in a drought for the past 5 - 7 years - every county - we have not been able to burn outside for fear of the dryness and a fire taking off - we did have some wild fires just last year just south of us that they were worried were going to travel - but now with all the rain we have had every county is finally out of drought status... our back yard is still very dry and we are trying hard to grow grass - new grass back there to get the yard looking pretty to sell the house.  Jay has cleaned up all the extra limbs and done a really good job but we have to water each night and if you go out the next day it is dry... it rained for a few hours this morning and you wouldn't know it the ground is just thirsty.  Our creek just down from us is still mostly dry ... 

I have been working on the Owl quilt - doing the blanket stitch this time to hold the applique' down.  I will give this quilt to my heart doctor's secretary for her grand daughter - She had told me last year that the child's parents were decorating with owls for the baby so I had made one quilt already for her that Grandma has kept at her house... that to me is just so sweet - so I had this kit for an owl quilt that i was originally going to make so decided would make it too for her.  I have 30 - 10" squares left over from the kit that I am going to see if they will make a backing for the quilt - plus some other fabrics that I have in scraps to fill it out... a scrappy back...

I need to go searching for black fabric on sale for the sampler quilt but think I might have to wait till Sept for the budget - I bought some things already this month and think I used up my budget... I am really trying hard to stay within the budget I have set for myself... :)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 506
Points 10,245
tnmtgrl replied on Thu, Aug 7 2014 7:12 PM

TADA!! It's done!!!!.... now I can start the two baby quilts that are next on the list..............

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 125
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,900
Points 69,300
Bonita replied on Thu, Aug 7 2014 7:24 PM

Thea, beautiful job, I love the brights with the black. Look forward to see it quilted.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,900
Points 69,300
Bonita replied on Thu, Aug 7 2014 7:31 PM

WTG Jen. I know you're ready to move on. Great job.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 506
Points 10,245
tnmtgrl replied on Thu, Aug 7 2014 7:38 PM

Thanks Bonita!

Everyone's quilts are really beautiful!! Love , love, love your's Thea......cant wait to see it done!!

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,246
Points 19,420

Thea  love your quilt top, and Jen  your quilt looks great.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,933
Points 125,230

Jen, it's beautiful! Congrats on the finish. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,975

Jen absolutely love it. Fantastic work

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 937
Points 17,445

Beautiful quilts ladies!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Fri, Aug 8 2014 7:31 AM

tnmtgrl:

TADA!! It's done!!!!.... now I can start the two baby quilts that are next on the list..............

Jen, It looks awesome!  are you leaving it on your bed?  Most of my new bed quilts get to be on my bed till the next new one gets made that is big enough for the bed... I also switch them out according to the season.  I do like having Christmas on my bed at Christmas!  Right now Celtic Crystals is still on my bed - Butterfly needs me to finish the binding by hand part so that it can get its turn... teeheee... I figure this week during the race I can do that.

Yes, up early as usual... had a rather inauspicious start to my day.  I had shut my bedroom door last night and my two alpha male cats decided to wake me up in cat fashion this morning outside the door - i was lucky in that I had been awake for about 90 minutes and had completed my range of motion exercises so was able to get up and chastise them.  They just wanted their breakfast...argh!!! Ruled by cats!  I used to be ruled by kids...teehee... But it got me moving faster then I wanted to... so kitchen is done - load of laundry in and watching the news...

Do any of you think maybe Russia is looking at us for the next target - Putin sent 13 bombers flying over our country sometime in the last 10 days... pictures surfaced and guess we had to find out.... they looked to be a plane like our B-52 - scares me that they think they can just fly over us and nothing happens... I wonder if this is what the Ukraine people felt when they were invaded in the beginning... 

I don't like it!  Saying prayers that the Russian President realizes this is not the way to go.  

I am going to do some more work on Owl quilt today.  I have 16 owl blocks to do - I have about 8 done with the blanket stitch around the body, wings and feet - I have to do the eyes and nose on all 16... What do you think about me putting those funny eyes on for the eyes - I wonder how long they would actually stay on - does anyone know if those stay on very well if they are glued on a quilt?  I may draw some on with permanent marker and make them cross eyed and normal and looking each direction.  Something fun.  I have to find out the names of all the family members so that I can embroider the names of the baby, Mom and Dad, and Grandma and Grandpa on the Owls... So many ideas flitting through my head today as I sit still now in my chair... 

Have a wonderful weekend to all!  I am praying for a good one across the country and the world!  Imagine what the world would be like if everyone cared first about the Lord , then their family, and then their neighbors... Wow!!!  paradise!  Prayers!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,117
Points 29,755
Ramona replied on Fri, Aug 8 2014 8:22 AM

Marsha,

It sounds like quit an event.  Only instance I know of here in the last couple of years was a small mud slide that blocked our only entrance/exit from where we are. Once they got it cleared they evacuated everyone. Wasn't much to it though. Looks like it was terrible where you were and your son lives. 

I don't see my grandkids much either. They are spread from FL to TX. We just had a new granddaughter in December and we won't see her again until mid November.  

Did you get your backing pieced and quilt sandwiched?

We have thunder storms for us today. DH is heading out to bush hog before it rains. Our hay guy didn't need the hay this year so I guess we'll check into leasing the land next year. Hope that works out for us. 

Page 83 of 188 (2811 items) « First ... < Previous 81 82 83 84 85 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use