Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 82 of 184 (2756 items) « First ... < Previous 80 81 82 83 84 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,755 Replies | 50 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,912
Points 124,870

Lori. Your quilt is wonderful. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Wed, Aug 6 2014 8:09 PM

Lori I really like your row by row quilt.  Congratulations on winning the fat quarters.  Ramona your quilt is gorgeous the quilting is great.  Congrats on your blue ribbon.  You girls sure are busy bees.  I haven't even opened or looked at my row by rows yet.  

Going to a family reunion this weekend in W.Va. looking forward to that and getting away for a few days.  

Joyce

Md. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 938
Points 15,870

Lori very nice row by row. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,675
Points 248,592
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 6 2014 8:25 PM

Oh, Ramona - your quilt is beautiful.  The feathers are fantastic.  You so deserved that first place ribbon... thank you so much for putting a great big happy quilting smile on my face.

Lori - your row by row is fantastic... I love the row with the cat.  Congratulations on those fat quarters.

I have 2 of my flying geese borders on and the other two are ready to be sewn on - was a bad day with weather coming in - took everything I had first thing to get up - yesterday Jay and I were talking and oculdn't figure out why I was hurting so so bad.  It was really bothering me - I had driven to my doctors appointments and walked in the yard but we were like why so bad - it bothered me - then I got up this morning and we went outside to get ready for the missionaries to arrive for a service day and I saw why I was so bad... there was a storm brewing - I always am amazed that about 48 hours prior to a storm arriving my body tells me - but we had had a weather report that the weather would be hot and dry for at least a week and here there was a storm... I should listen truly to my body... but it eased up and I was able to sew - DH made dinner and I am now watching Noah - I had heard bad reviews about it but so far am enjoying it - I am not sure if this is how it happened but it is so far a good representation.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,381
Points 29,060

Ramona and Lori - Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!! I have been riding in the truck this week so not much work on college quilts.  Got binding on 3rd quilt finished in truck on Monday then moved on to LUS blocks.  It has been a long time since I have had time to work on them.

This isn't the place for these photos, but just have a very short time before Rich returns to pick me up with the truck.  He is loading 2 hogs and 2 beef cows up the hill right now and will soon be back down for me if all goes well!

Flash floods?  Not so common in WNY but this is the small road our son lives on after 3" of rain in less than an hour up the hill above us.  Our road is passable - - I drove it yesterday and we nearly had washouts in many places, but is passable.  Our son's road - - - - not so lucky - - - 

Their lawn facing road - canoe was floating around but not in picture.

Their road 

The culvert above their house - it is nearly 5 feet by over 30 feet.  Now they have a canyon instead of a road.  This has been flooded before but just washouts beside the culvert.  3 inches of rain in less than an hour combined with hills has amazing force!  I can almost stand in this culvert without bending very much.  Our children loved to play in it because the water was only about 6 to 8 inches deep in it most of the time in it. They loved to hear the echoes when they talked and yelled inside.

Anyone want some rain?  This makes over 5 inches in less than a week.  This time the rain hit the upper part of the farm and gave us only 1/2 inch down in the hollow where we live.  This is the second time in this week that the rocks have been rolling in the ditches.  It is a strange sound to hear rocks hitting each other as they move down the hill. Only one house was damaged - pushed off it's foundation - on the hill above us.  You usually hear of flood damage happening in low areas, not 2 miles up the hill!

Hope everyone in the "real" flood areas are safe and sound.  We have been having too many floods all over the country this year.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,381
Points 29,060

Almost forgot another picture I wanted to share - youngest our great-grandson in Germany.  I have the picture on the desktop of my computer so that I get a good start to the day when I turn it on.  He is 5 months old and I just want to grab him through the computer screen.  This is the closest we will be to him for quite a while.

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 685
LoriTN replied on Thu, Aug 7 2014 6:22 AM

Thank you, ladies! The quilt was lots of fun to make and forced me out of my comfort zone with a few new techniques. I've been quilting less than a year, so there's SO much I haven't tried yet. I'd planned to do stitch cats in the corners, but time (or the lack thereof) changed that plan to just do straight-line stitching. I hope the start some FMQ with my next project. I had the LQS shop-owner help me figure out how to change to a FMQ foot at the end of yesterday's class. On to new skills (I hope!)

Marsha, your GGS is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!! I know how tough it is to be many miles from loved ones. My "grands" live about 2500 miles away, so I don't see them nearly as often as I would like. Pics help, but there's nothing like being able to hold and hug them in person!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,630
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Thu, Aug 7 2014 6:53 AM

Beautiful quilt, Ramona.  Love the colors and the quilting.     Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,630
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Thu, Aug 7 2014 6:54 AM

Really cute row by row quilt Lori.  isn't it odd how such different motifs and colors come together for a beautiful quilt?    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Thu, Aug 7 2014 9:06 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone for your kind remarks on my quilt!! I did enjoy doing it once I got my brain in a somewhat functional mode. I didn't think I was going to like doing the hooked on feathers but once I got them going they seemed to flow. Even with all the booboos I am pleased with it. 

LoriTN, 

That is such a cute row quilt!!  Congratulations on winning. What a wonderful prize of fat quarters!  Have any plans for them?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Thu, Aug 7 2014 9:15 AM

Thea, 

Sorry you had such a bad few days. Hope things have turned around for you. Nice for DH to fix dinner. That would make me feel better right there. :-)

Did you finish watching Noah? It is just a movie of entertainment based on a "few" Biblical writings.  I mean where did they get the granades and the rocket launcher?   I think it would of been a good movie if they stuck to the biblical writings. It was entertaining but disappointing as well...to me.

Are you working on those last two flying geese borders today?

Hugs

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Thu, Aug 7 2014 9:20 AM

Marcha-SM,

WHAT AN ADORABLE LITTLE GUY!!! How could you not start your day off well with a smiling little one looking at you like him.  I know you miss him.  No greats for us yet but I miss seeing our kids and grandchildren. 

Your flood pictures were an eye opener. I can't imagine that much rain. Glad everyone was ok.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,239
Points 19,235
weezee56 replied on Thu, Aug 7 2014 10:21 AM

LoriTN Great row by row, love the cat row.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,675
Points 248,592
Thea replied on Thu, Aug 7 2014 10:36 AM

Okay - it, the top, is done!!!  happy quilting day!  

Unusual for me, but I have already decided on how I am going to quilt it - and the backing fabric... whoo hooo!  Now to find a shop that has black fabric on sale - as the back will be completely black - the front is going to be meandered with multi colored threads... It turned out better then I expected - after I made the mistake on the flying geese border but I think it works!  

• | Post Points: 110
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Thu, Aug 7 2014 10:42 AM

Thea,

It absolutely works!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!  So bright and cheerful. You are really ahead of the game by knowing how you're going to quilt it. That is the hardest part for me.  Great quilt.

Page 82 of 184 (2756 items) « First ... < Previous 80 81 82 83 84 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use