Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 81 of 188 (2816 items) « First ... < Previous 79 80 81 82 83 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,815 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,975

Help I'm having sewing withdrawals & it's doing nothing but raining here in Fl. 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,950
Points 125,555

Thanks Marsha. The darker blocks do have more contrast than it shows in the photo.  I waffle back and forth. I'm thinking go using the darker blocks on white background and using the light blue in the corner shoo fly blocks. I laid it out in EQ7 and looks OK. 

Im going to sit on this a couple days. George has put his two cents in. Wants the white background and alternate the dark and light blocks. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,950
Points 125,555

Donna. Do you have any hand work?  If not run down to store. Pick up needle, thread, a simple pattern such as an embroidery block. Anything. Quick! You need a quick hit. LOL

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,633
Points 48,820

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:

Help I'm having sewing withdrawals & it's doing nothing but raining here in Fl. 

Sounds to me like you need to find a quilt shop... FAST!!

Southwest of San Antonio

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 530

It sure is raining here in Fl. I hope your not down in Naples where they are flooded. The last two days have done nothing but TS's and rain it's getting old. Tomorrow morn is supposed to have early rain we;ll see. I did cut the backing for my Split Rail Fence quilt today and will start putting it together it's a King size so I'm not looking forward to starting but get it over with I hope soon. Maybe it's not as bad as my thinking. Sue

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,975

Great ideas thank you. Going to the LQS tomorrow if the weather clears. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,975

Gingging yes not far from Naples about an hour north in Punta Gorda. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,975

Went to LQS. They didn't have any small projects for me to with on. Oh well and another day of rain. But it did clear up late this afternoon. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Tue, Aug 5 2014 6:42 PM

Donna I think I missed something.  Why can't you quilt in the rain?Is your power off?  HOpe you aren't in the flooding I saw on the news.  HOpe you get to sew soon.

Joyce

Md

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,117
Points 29,755
Ramona replied on Wed, Aug 6 2014 3:36 PM

Hi all, 

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. Thought I'd share pictures of a quilt I finally finished last week. This is probably the 1st or 2nd quilt I started that wasn't a log cabin back when I first started quilting. It's a 2004 Hancock Fabric BOM. I finally set the blocks together and got it quilted. I'd had it on the frame for a month. First, I had to order new wheels, then we had company and then I spent time trying to decide how to quilt it. 

I purchased the Hooked On Feathers book a couple of years ago and I finally had the chance to use the technique. Took me a bit to get the hang of it but then I loved it. Not great at it but I'm still pleased with the outcome. The open areas were perfect for these.

Thanks for looking.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,904
Points 69,330
Bonita replied on Wed, Aug 6 2014 4:02 PM

Ramona, that isaa beautiful quilt. Love the pinks and black. Your quilting is outstanding and I see you won a blue ribbon, well done.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,247
Points 19,500

Ramona:
It's a 2004 Hancock Fabric BOM.
Your quilt is beautiful. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,975

Joyce I am at my moms in FL. No machine here. 

Ramona the quilt is fabulous. Great job and so happy you got 1st. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,950
Points 125,555

Ramona. Beautiful job on the feathers. Did you do them on a long arm or standard machine. 

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 685
LoriTN replied on Wed, Aug 6 2014 6:29 PM

Visiting quilt shops in multiple states and working on my own Row-by-Row quilt have paid off. I turned mine in this morning and won fat quarters from the Dream collection from Timeless Treasures Fabrics of SoHo. I'm definitely a happy camper!

• | Post Points: 95
Page 81 of 188 (2816 items) « First ... < Previous 79 80 81 82 83 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use