Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 78 of 150 (2238 items) « First ... < Previous 76 77 78 79 80 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,237 Replies | 48 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Fri, Aug 1 2014 12:28 AM

tnmtgrl:
I been busy getting the quilting done on my friends quilt, and finally finished the main body today,

WTG Jen. Hope you're feeling better.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Fri, Aug 1 2014 12:30 AM

Thea:
Below are pictures of my sampler that I am doing -

I like it Thea.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 740
Points 14,295

Weezee, thanks for the tutorial!  Your instructions are great. I've been wanting to make a few boxes from Christmas fabric to put small Christmas gifts in-- then wrap with wide ribbon and a bow on top. Your instructions are so much better than what I have in a book of patterns! I'll use yours.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 18,405
weezee56 replied on Fri, Aug 1 2014 10:28 AM

Thanks Carol.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,359
Points 28,610

I intended to post this here but mistakenly posted in "What are you up to today?" instead.  I do have 2 pictures now and will put them in another post so this won't be so long.  Will also post pictures in the other place since this "book" was posted there.

"Update on my "quilt marathon"!!  I have been without internet since last Friday.  Our old dial-up modem was getting slower and slower so decided to upgrade to a new one.  Bad idea!  It didn't install properly and messed up the computer.  After troubleshooting all weekend and finally calling Tech at Verizon, we both gave up after 2 hours on the phone.  To get the new one working, I will have to go to a REAL Verizon store - 50 miles away.  We have many Verizon "places" in every town near here, but they as well as Walmart are just "dealers" and know nothing about what they are selling.  You have to call Verizon yourself to get set up.  The installation of the new modem messed up settings for old one and after we gave up and switched phone number back to old modem it wouldn't work.  Computer failed to recognize it.  The last restore point before the installation try that my computer had was July 19.  I finally bit the bullet and restored the computer to the state it was then.  The only thing that "messed up" was Google's Chrome.  I had to re-install it tonight after I got the old modem working again.

Now I can communicate again with the outside world.  I have one quilt completely finished, washed, but not pictured because of the RAIN!  I will finish the handwork on the second tonight and get it washed tomorrow after my therapy.  I sure need it after wrestling with these quilts!!  I finished the quilting on the third last night and just need to trim it and add binding, then more on-the-road handwork.  Unfortunately, my on-the-road will be me behind the wheel to go to various Dr. appointments Thursday and Friday, so not much quilting time or hand sewing time.  The sun is finally shining now, but more rain in forecast for tomorrow and Thursday.  Maybe pictures Friday afternoon - - - I hope. Fourth quilt will be ready to quilt this weekend.  It will be MQ 8 because grandson hasn't brought me his Deer quilt top yet.  I needed more practice before tackling this one, but am dealing better with new machine.  Getting tensions balanced was no fun, but the machine seems to be cooperating now.  I have to clean it twice per quilt - - loads of lint, but I prefer cotton thread.

Hope to have pictures soon.  Everyone have fun with your many projects.  I am having fun with this one because of the variety of the quilts and the quilting."

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,359
Points 28,610

Here are pictures of the first 2 quilts.  The first is 72 x 104 and MQ 9 is 64 x 100

You can see what kind of weather we are having from these pictures - one minute cloudy and one minute sunny with shadows!  These pictures were taken about 15 min. apart.  I needed that much time to rest between hanging each quilt.  Rich "helped" me hang the first quilt - held one corner standing on the deck while I was on the 3rd step of the stepladder trying to hang the other side.  I needed a 4th step to reach better, but the ladder has only 3, but at least has a high top bar to hang on to.    Clips didn't hold the weight very well so he got bored while I was re-clipping the quilt.  I should have rested it on the deck railing before letting it hang.  With the second quilt (the flowers) he showed up after I had it all hung.  I still wasn't smart enough to rest the weight on the railing and had more trouble with this one because it was wider than the top of the swing frame. 

Next quilt will soon be bound, washed and pictured, if the weather holds.  We have threats of rain through the weekend.  Today there was no rain but just nasty clouds.  Yesterday the clouds looked like I was driving into a bad storm, but just had large drops with a little fine hail.  The roads alternated between wet and dry all the way to and from Dr. appointments.  The wet roads were in the sun and the dry roads were under very dark skies.  

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 80
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 18,405

Marsha both your quilts look great with or without sun shine.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 607
Points 9,675
Joyce replied on Fri, Aug 1 2014 5:11 PM

Marsha both your quilts are really pretty.  Very nice.  You are moving girl.

Joyce

from Md

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,822
Points 67,945
Bonita replied on Fri, Aug 1 2014 6:23 PM

Many thanks to all for the nice comments on my quilt.

Marsha, love your quilts, really like the first one. I thank I must lean toward being a floral fan.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,645
Deb replied on Fri, Aug 1 2014 8:38 PM

Marsha, the floral quilt is wonderful, my favorite of the two!! The other one is lovely don't get me wrong, I'm just a flower person!

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,470
Points 48,020
Angele replied on Sat, Aug 2 2014 7:14 AM

I love your colour combinations Judy. Both of the LQS in my area closed this year. Now we either shop online or have to travel at least two hours to the closest shop. Sad.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,470
Points 48,020
Angele replied on Sat, Aug 2 2014 7:17 AM

Very nice boxes Weezee. That is still on my todo list this summer...

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,470
Points 48,020
Angele replied on Sat, Aug 2 2014 7:22 AM

Bonita I love your black and white quilt. It's very elegant with its subtle changes in colour.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,470
Points 48,020
Angele replied on Sat, Aug 2 2014 8:24 AM

didash:

Well I'm late getting the pic up, but here's the big box of fabric that came the other day.  Surprisingly, DH brought it in as the the UPS man dropped it off, looked at the label and just said, "MORE fabric???"  When I told him I hit a sale I just couldn't resist, he just laughed!  God, I love him!!!

Very nice haul from Craftsy didash. I resisted buying, not because I didn't want to, but because I need to sort through what I have here first. Now I see what you go rand I think...hmmmmm, maybe.   

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,574
Points 246,497
Thea replied on Sat, Aug 2 2014 8:27 AM

Yes, figured out what to do to fix my mistake and think that that small border of all the different colors of the quilt will work fine - will start cutting those strips here shortly.  And have 9 of the 16 Owls prepared to go on the back ground fabrics... 

I am so so so happy that the storms are out of the area... my RA is just its normal self - just achey but not taking 3 - 4 hours to be able to move... took my pain meds when I woke and was out of bed within an hour to feed the critters and do my chores and I wasn't moaning each step today.  I am planning on going out to my chair and read and visit with my rabbit... DH actually said he thinks that the rabbit was looking for me yesterday... I have to think up a name for him - the one we had when I was a child name was Thumper but I don't think these rabbits will get as big as him... He ended up being huge.  These guys are normal size... there is a whole family but one particularly stays in my back corner of my yard.  I did walk out yesterday for a minute to put some lettuce and carrots out for him.  

I feel so much better and hope now that the storms are gone for a while.  But I will be prepared for when they come back knowing that for a few days at least I will have some good days.  Maybe get some more packing done... whoo hooo!!!!

Page 78 of 150 (2238 items) « First ... < Previous 76 77 78 79 80 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use