Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 75 of 185 (2770 items) « First ... < Previous 73 74 75 76 77 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,769 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,240
Points 19,255
weezee56 replied on Tue, Jul 29 2014 11:09 AM

Diane, love to see all  your fabric. I did that a few months ago and hide it from myself. Found it one day last week.

I have been working on fabric boxes and Quilt Monkey had a video on coasters in a fabric box, that box is made different. Making items for my SS. I hope she likes them. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Tue, Jul 29 2014 12:00 PM

Hi Diane congratulations on winning the fat quarters.  You quilt looks very nice.  I only recognize the last row I think I have that kit.  Did you get it from Pa.  You are fast all my kits are still in the bags. :)  This shop hop has been fun.  But mean on the budget.  Think I better keep that bill out of sight. ha  

Joyce

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Tue, Jul 29 2014 12:02 PM

Wheeze that is really nice she gave you a gift certificate to use you need the fat quarters.  First time I've heard of any shops doing that.  Enjoy.

JOyce

from Md.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 8,485
didash replied on Tue, Jul 29 2014 1:56 PM

Joyce - Yes the last row was from the Log Cabin Quilt Shop in Bird-in-Hand.  Thanks for the compliment.  It's not really one of my better efforts, but there were a lot of firsts in this quilt...first log cabins, first churn dashes, first machine applique (and there was a LOT!), first time I had to figure out how to make corrections for pattern errors, first time embellishing a quilt and first time making yo yos (Lil' Country Quilt Shop, Middletown, DE row).   Not being one of my better productions, I really didn't want to leave it at the shop, but they nearly got down on hands and knees to beg.  So I left it - at least for a little while.  I actually had to USE it on the boat last Saturday before I finished handstitching the binding.  Got cool at night and since we had guests aboard, I ran out of quilts!  LOL!  

The neat thing for me was that with the exception of the kit that I purchased in Middletown, and 1/8 yd of fabric I bought in Vineland to get the fussy cut trees (next to last row), the entire quilt was made from my stash and scraps...even the backing!!  I'm figuring that fact will get me some brownie points and defuse the explosion tomorrow when my big box of fabric comes! LOL!  If not, it's been nice knowing y'all!!! 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 8,485
didash replied on Tue, Jul 29 2014 1:57 PM

Weezee - You ARE going to post a pic of the boxes - right????  Pretty please?????

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,917
Points 124,925

I worked on quilting a queen size quilt, almost done! Then, I got an email from our local shop which is closing down. I'd already hit their 30% sale. Final days this week and everything is 50-70% off. I told Julia that I would miss her and the others so much but, it turns out, there is good news. Although they are closing their retail store and going to online sales. On selected days, their warehouse will be open for retail sales. That won't happen for a couple months at least but I'm really excited.

I'm working on a design for a quilt of blues and neutrals and picked up some nice pieces. 5 yards of the neutral and 3 yards each of the blues. They should fit in well with the other blues I plan to use. Then I saw some 2 yard pre-cuts and had to get those also. I could have gone really wild but held myself back. Lots of heavy medical bills this year so something has to suffer and I've been really good about using from my stash. Until now.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 8,485
didash replied on Tue, Jul 29 2014 2:32 PM

Love your choices, Judy!! Can't wait to see what they become :)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Tue, Jul 29 2014 2:37 PM

Judy your fabric choices are really pretty.  I like all of them.  Would have a difficult time choosing.  Nice your shop will open back up where you can purchase fabric.

Joyce

from Md

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,687
Points 248,742
Thea replied on Tue, Jul 29 2014 4:20 PM

Judy, Are you sure you didn't get in my packed boxes and find the ones - about 10 of them full of blue fabrics - those look like some of mine...teehee 

Anything blue would be beautiful.  I got my 114 flying geese done - amazed myself... I had thought I had enough of the 3" squares cut and pressed diagonally but had to cut another 30 to finish up - 15 flying geese short I was - amazing... but they are all done now and now on to the next step of sewing them together in groups of three... then... more to come later...teehee...

I am in a wonderful mood - the storm is almost here... my aches are relieved now it is here - I'll be okay till the new system comes in or this one goes out... a horrendous thunderstorm is expected... we shall see... I have to take pain meds here shortly but I haven't had to take them since this morning so that is excellent... dinner is in the oven... generators are charged in case the power goes out... a good book is on my kindle ready to be read and it is charged...

Have a wonderful night...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,687
Points 248,742
Thea replied on Tue, Jul 29 2014 4:20 PM

Judy, Are you sure you didn't get in my packed boxes and find the ones - about 10 of them full of blue fabrics - those look like some of mine...teehee 

Anything blue would be beautiful.  I got my 114 flying geese done - amazed myself... I had thought I had enough of the 3" squares cut and pressed diagonally but had to cut another 30 to finish up - 15 flying geese short I was - amazing... but they are all done now and now on to the next step of sewing them together in groups of three... then... more to come later...teehee...

I am in a wonderful mood - the storm is almost here... my aches are relieved now it is here - I'll be okay till the new system comes in or this one goes out... a horrendous thunderstorm is expected... we shall see... I have to take pain meds here shortly but I haven't had to take them since this morning so that is excellent... dinner is in the oven... generators are charged in case the power goes out... a good book is on my kindle ready to be read and it is charged...

Have a wonderful night...

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 938
Points 15,900

Deb this is the cutest quilt I've ever seen. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 938
Points 15,900

ddash nice row by row. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 938
Points 15,900

Patricia nice work. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 938
Points 15,900

I know Thea I couldn't help myself. The Dog Park Quilt came out just wonderful. Ok now I really am not going to do anything we leave at 5am tomorrow. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 938
Points 15,900

Judy can't wait to see your design. 

Well I'll keep in touch from Fl. 

Ill miss sewing n sharing. 

Page 75 of 185 (2770 items) « First ... < Previous 73 74 75 76 77 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use