Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 71 of 186 (2784 items) « First ... < Previous 69 70 71 72 73 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,783 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,894
Points 69,195
Bonita replied on Thu, Jul 24 2014 6:26 PM

Donna, love the wall hanging.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 935
Points 17,435

Thea, love seeing the pictures.  I think we have box turtles like the yellow striped one here in South Texas.  I remember seeing  & playing with little ones when were little, but there a lot fewer now due to the sprays/pesticides that were used in farming back in the 50's & 60's.  We knew not to put our fingers anywhere near the mouth!   I love cardinals.  We get a lot of them here in the winter.  Not sure where they go during the summer, maybe up North to your area?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,700
Points 248,197
Thea replied on Thu, Jul 24 2014 9:32 PM

First, Donna - love the beehive wall hanging - are you going to take it to church and show the girls?

2nd... thank you for the complements on my pictures - it is so much fun - today I got one of a bird I have never seen before - I have to look up birds on the internet as I no longer have my book (packed) on Oklahoma birds.  DH thinks it is a thrush - it will be the first time I ever saw one of those... very interesting.  I'll post the picture tomorrow as it is still in my camera.  

Patricia - your cardinals probably do come and visit us for the summer - we have about 20 of them between our yard and our neighbors - my bluejays are about 40-50 on a normal year but this year their # is down but we have about 100 robins on any given day this year.  I love watching all of them and I am learning their different chirps.  BlueJays - although I love them are obnoxious... Cardianals sound so sweet and dainty.  The Robins are a trill sound... 

I saw our box turtle again today - or maybe a 3rd one - I am going to have to print pictures of all of them to ascertain if this was a new one or not. 

Saw the big rabbits in my neighbors yard - so so cute and there was a new baby... awesome... too far for a picture though... but they were fun to watch...

no sewing... too late now to cut those 3" squares that I need so guess that will be tomorrow - I don't have any housework on the schedule for tomorrow so will have lots of time to spend in my sewing area...

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Thu, Jul 24 2014 11:10 PM

I didn't work on a quilt but I did get fabric cut to make burp cloths.  I need 15 of them for a friend.  She wants 5 boy, 5 girl and 5 neutral ones.  I have them pinned and ready to sew my next trip down to the sewing room.  

We have been going nuts cleaning around the church getting ready for our VBS to start on Sun.  We have 3 buildings and they all need cleaning.  So today I cleaned with a pain patch on and tonight I hope I can get to sleep.  Night time the pain will travel down my legs.  

All the pictures and quilts are so nice.  

Joyce

Maryland

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,700
Points 248,197
Thea replied on Fri, Jul 25 2014 2:45 AM

Okay, it is the middle of the night and pain awoke me - it will be a little time till the pain meds start taking affect so decided to get on the computer to try and take my mind away from it... We found out what the brown bird is ... I bet some of you have heard of it but I never had - it is a Brown Thrasher... very sweet song...

Jay thought it was the Brown Thrush but when we compared the photo to ones online we found it was the Thrasher - it has a longer tail and longer beak then the thrush.  It was really sweet to find a bird I had never seen again and fun to look it up to see what it was.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 505
J.P. replied on Fri, Jul 25 2014 11:16 AM

Thea,  

Love the pictures!  The  Brown Thrasher is our state bird(Georgia) so I get to see them on my feeder sometimes.  You take great pictures.  JP

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 940
Points 15,940

Love the pictures Thea.

No quilt working today.  Most likely will not start anything till I get back from traveling.  I leave next Wednesday.  So if you don't see me thats why. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,925
Points 125,055

Travel safe Donna.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,632
Points 48,805
Debbie-do replied on Fri, Jul 25 2014 2:09 PM

Nana:

Elaine I will be opening the retreat up for sign ups soon

Rhonda, Michelle and I will be coming!!  :)

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,632
Points 48,805
Debbie-do replied on Fri, Jul 25 2014 5:09 PM

What do you think of using a poly/cotton searsucker for the back and borders of a kid's quilt? 

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,912
Points 40,960
ls2116 replied on Fri, Jul 25 2014 8:12 PM

I definitely have a heaping full basket on my todo list and each time i look in a magazine shop or here I load more quilts in what an inspiration.  I'm starting on my little projects and working my way through one at a time.

Quilting My Rainbow

Not Ranked
Posts 298
Points 4,875

I love searsucker, Debbie! Your note instantly took me back to my days as a Candystriper working in our local hospital, wearing uniforms of red & white striped searsucker. I was a mere 15 years old! Awww.... such memories! lol. Have not used it for a quilt, but cannot see why you couldn't use it for borders and backing. I have seen it used for summer bedspreads. I think it would be sweet, and lightweight, washes well. Certainly would be worth a try! Let us know how it goes!

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Sat, Jul 26 2014 9:34 AM

Thea--Loved your shots. Oh, that cardinal is so beautiful.

My newest finish. The front and then Side 2 of Lightning strikes Twice.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,243
Points 19,345
weezee56 replied on Sat, Jul 26 2014 10:25 AM

Agnes Love both sides of lighting strikes twice. So glad you posted it, I see you use binder clips to hang it. I made a wall hanging but didn't make a hanger for it. I'll use your way and use the clips instead. You always make such pretty things.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,912
Points 40,960
ls2116 replied on Sat, Jul 26 2014 5:49 PM

Agnes your so talented.  The fabric looks great.

I worked on my panel quilt last night.  It has a big heart in the middle thats preprinted .  Last year i was spending at least 8 hrs. a day sewing this year my time is spread thin.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 80
Page 71 of 186 (2784 items) « First ... < Previous 69 70 71 72 73 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use