Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 70 of 112 (1680 items) « First ... < Previous 68 69 70 71 72 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,679 Replies | 42 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,645
Deb replied on Tue, Jul 22 2014 2:34 PM

Thea:

... is anyone in the world listening...:)

I am!! I love when you write!! I'm a lady who is NOT good with words!

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,447
Points 243,717
Thea replied on Tue, Jul 22 2014 4:26 PM

Deb, thank you - I always say I have diarhea of the mouth - I do not know when to stop - My Mom was an English teacher and she taught us from a very early age the English/American language - she would use what we called 25 cent words and you didn't dare say you didn't understand because if you dared do that you were sent to the big dictionary which had its own stand to figure out first how to spell the word and then to write it out in a sentence so that we could show we knew how to use it... I have a huge vocabulary thanks to her... words I use sometime blow me away and my DH will just turn and look at me... he laughs when I do it - but I do have the gift of gab... :)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,349
Points 28,485
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, Jul 22 2014 4:39 PM

Bad internet day for me.  Google doesn't work, Yahoo doesn't work so e-mail doesn't work.  Chrome search page does work (but search doesn't) so was able to get on here to read what I have missed since July 4th through an direct link.  This site is very slow, but does work.  Had a post all typed earlier and tried to post it, but our whole internet must have "tripped" so was off-line and I lost all I had typed.  I should copy to MS Word before I try to post.

On July 9th I went to Cardiologist and shocked everyone with my blood pressure.  It has never been high but I was on meds for rapid heartbeat that developed 12 years ago after I had had chemo.  This last 2 years some of the chemo damage has seemed to repair itself and heart rate must have been one of them.  When they took my blood pressure it was 90.  I wasn't told the diastolic reading - maybe they couldn't detect when the sound dropped.  This may explain the extreme fatigue I have been suffering from the last few weeks.  Dr. eliminated 2 meds for me and it has taken 2 weeks for them to stop affecting my system.  I finally feel more normal (as normal I one can be with fibromyalgia!).

Because of my fatigue I haven't even had the energy to read posts since the 4th, so I am far behind.  Because of the slowness of the internet, I just read a few pages - very S-L-O-W-L-Y.  I decided it was taking too long, so I went to posting.  

The last time I posted was July 4th, so here is an update on the 6 quilts I am trying to finish for family highschool graduates.  The floral one is quilted (outline quilting of the flowers) and has the binding attached.  I started sewing it down today in the truck - got one side done.  This one should be ready for a picture after washing tomorrow or Thursday.  The MQ 9 is quilted and binding attached waiting for hand work.  I did a mixture of lines (very crooked) at a variable 3/8 inches on either side of the seams, inside the diamonds of the pinwheels, and an assortment of leaves, vines and tendrils on the rest.  I can't draw straight lines with sewing machine without feed dogs!!!  This is the one I had hoped to get done for the 12th, but fatigue got in the way.  The last family party was Saturday, but that quilt was just pinned and ready for the machine. Grand-nephew got the picture of the top that I posted earlier.  That one one is a New Year's Mystery wit a focal fabric of fish. I am using a simple rippled-type water design on it and maybe will use some type of waves on the border.  

The wildlife quilt will be next - also outline quilting - with the MQ 8 last (of the original 5).  This one will show the stitching the most whether I use blue or white thread.  I need as much practice as possible before I do it.  I may design something for the blue triangles and stitch in white.  The 6th quilt is partially assembled (another floral that I had cut out in kit form) due to the fact that we didn't know she was graduating a year early.  Hopefully all quilts will be done before college starts in a few weeks.

Have therapy (for fibro) Wednesday, 2 Dr's appointments Thursday (yearly checkups because of cancer -  they won't let me go!! even though it is 13 yrs), and final graduation party on Saturday for grandson's girlfriend - - no quilt - - - - - - yet!  Then it should be clear sailing for quilting for rest of summer.  I do have at least one day a week in the truck, but that is hand binding time, so is still quilting!  Rich still doesn't have his strength back after 3 joint replacements in 2 years so he has a boy help him lift the calves for the summer.  Hopefully we can do it ourselves after school starts in the fall.

Before I post this I will copy it in case the same internet glitch happens again.

When things work better I will try to read and catch up with what everyone is doing.  Nana, I did see your newest "tent" and love it.  I quit at page 47 and see there were 70 pages when I started to post this.

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,447
Points 243,717
Thea replied on Tue, Jul 22 2014 5:03 PM

Marsha - I was put on a real high dose of Vitamin D a few years back by one of my many at the time RA doctors - and could not believe the difference in my fatique level - you might talk to your doctor about that and see if it might help you - I believe but could really be wrong but was on 10,000 mgs per day for one month and then went down to just a normal dosage... it has been quite a few years- i was surprised when he put me on it because I have and always will go outside to get sunlight for my vitamin D but he said do to my RA that at times my vitamin D levels can become compromised... it did help me immensely!  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 779
Points 12,620

Oh boy Marsha. Don't know what to say. 

I started hand embroidering the Honey Bee Wall Hanging didn't like it. So ripped that out & I am feather stitching the appliqué. Like it much better. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,349
Points 28,485
Marsha-SM replied on Wed, Jul 23 2014 8:50 AM

Thea:

Marsha - I was put on a real high dose of Vitamin D a few years back by one of my many at the time RA doctors - and could not believe the difference in my fatique level - you might talk to your doctor about that and see if it might help you - I believe but could really be wrong but was on 10,000 mgs per day for one month and then went down to just a normal dosage... it has been quite a few years- i was surprised when he put me on it because I have and always will go outside to get sunlight for my vitamin D but he said do to my RA that at times my vitamin D levels can become compromised... it did help me immensely!  

Thanks, Thea, but we have already gone there.  My Dr. checked my Vitamin D levels a few years ago and found it was very low.  I took 5000 iu for about 6 months and am now taking 2000.  It did help a little.  Fibromyalgia acts on the body very much like RA and in my case was diagnosed by a negative RA test.  

You are sounding so much more up-beat  than in the past.  I also haven't sewn much clothing since the family has grown up.  I wasn't feeling very well when the grand-daughters started arriving, so didn't get much sewing done for them.  Had 2 of them pick out fabric for dresses when cancer struck 13 years ago.  They are now 17 and 18 and the dresses are still not done.  "Someday" I will make lap quilts out of their fabrics for them.  Their graduation quilts are both MQ 8 so large roses and pansies won't work for them.  The one with the pansy fabric is getting the blue and white quilt this year and her sister is the one with the chartreuse!!!  Large pink roses won't work with that!

I love all your squirrel and blue jay pictures.   I am also a camera "nut".  I have been taking pictures all my life - that is what you do when you are the daughter of a Kodak researcher.  I was developing and printing my own pictures at the age of 8.  My fatigue has slowed down the picture taking drasticlly.  I have hundreds of pictures of wild flowers from both NY and Texas.  I was fortunate enough to see a cactus in bloom one year near our daughter's house and got a beautiful picture of it.  Would like to reproduce it in a quilt - - - some day.

This is the last time we were able to get to Texas.  Hopefully we will get there again next spring.  I copied this post before posting it because our internet is still crazy today.  Yahoo works a little and Google is still lost.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,447
Points 243,717
Thea replied on Wed, Jul 23 2014 11:19 AM

A kodak person - I still remember my first camera - :) - and then my polaroid... I took it everywhere- I liked even back then the instant gratification of seeing my pictures... I keep upgrading my cameras and giving my old ones to my son - he is waiting now for me to upgrade from my Canon - he might have to wait a little while I haven't yet figured it all out.  I am wanting to take a class when I get to MN and have more time - although right now if I wasn't in such pain I might look for one - but am unable to sit upright for long - I have to have my feet up - maybe they have a good one online but I still like the teacher/student type classes where you get hands on help.  

Your pictures are beautiful - the yellow is just gorgeous.  the yellow rose is my next favorite after the blue rose and that cactus is gorgeous.  I was out this morning taking pictures of this fat squirrel that is in the back yard - about 20 minutes I watched him - when I first saw him he had attacked a robin and he was cavorting all over the place then he went after this blue jay that landed next to him - he was taking his life in his little paws as the Robins were garthering and we can have upwards of 20 robins on any given day and about 30 bluejays - we have one set of cardinals - they nest in my neighbors yard - one pair of doves - I haven't seen the orioles this year - miss them but they are usually here closer to fall - along with the hummingbirds but my one tree out front died this winter that attracted the hummingbirds... :(  

I hope your internet gets better... 

I posted on facebook this morning that I prayed to the Lord this morning for a pain free body as I woke early with pain everywhere and my legs feeling like they have been severely sunburned - then told him never mind I would just abuse that body too - burning the candle at both ends so leave me the way I am just ease it up a bit... 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 779
Points 12,620

Marsha. Love the pics. 

Thea. It's always a good time to pray isn't it. 

Infinushed the Honey Bee Wall Hanging. As soon as I get a dowel I will hang it up take a picture & post. Now what to start next. I leave in a week for Fl. So who knows what I will get done before then. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,134
Points 17,485
weezee56 replied on Wed, Jul 23 2014 5:29 PM

Mamag have fun in FL

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 711
Points 13,855

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:

Now what to start next. I leave in a week for Fl. So who knows what I will get done before then. 

Mamag, at the rate you go, you'll probably have about 12 things done by then!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,752
Points 38,885
ls2116 replied on Wed, Jul 23 2014 8:02 PM

With our climate change and body aches from moving furniture the other day to accomodate my new big sewing table .  ijust thought about the next step on a couple of quilts.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,447
Points 243,717
Thea replied on Thu, Jul 24 2014 12:48 PM

I haven't started my sewing machine up today - but yesterday did 18 of the 114 flying geese that I need for this border on this quilt - I have to cut some more of the wings before I can do more... a little later today when it cools down.  We did get the a/c fixed - he came yesterday - the house had gotten up to 85 and was getting a little uncomfortable - but still not as bad as outside which in the shade was 105 - in the sun with the humidity it felt upwards of 120 - hot hot hot...

I did get some pictures to share of some of the new critters we found in the yard and of the cardinals... I have a good picture of the male but not of the females yet - saw her and one of her babes but before I could get my camera - Mr Squirrel decided to get in the picture and she and babe flew off... 

Mr Squirrel - he was a yapping at me and dancing up and down the tree...

Mr Cardinal

We have two types of box turtles in OK - one is the ornate and the other is the 3 toed - we have 2 ornate in our yard...

I had looked over by our Willow and thought a rock was on the ground - I think he was sleeping as DH picked him up and he would not peak out - as soon as he was set down he took off with turtle speed...

Then later we found a smaller one..

This littler guy had no problem sticking his head out - he was very personable - DH reminisced about when he was a boy and one bit him - he said his Mom actually had to choke it to get it to release...but he did let me pick it up - ...:)

He did have his head out but DH had to get the camera as this was the next day...

Mishka then Abby checking out the turtle - he didn't come out for either so they soon lost interest... Abby nudged him so she had to be told to be nice...

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 779
Points 12,620

Great pics Thea

Honey Bee Wall Hanging done & hung. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,134
Points 17,485
weezee56 replied on Thu, Jul 24 2014 4:44 PM

Thea love your pictures.

Mamag Honey bee looks great on your wall.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,760
Points 66,990
Bonita replied on Thu, Jul 24 2014 6:13 PM

Thea, you got some great pictures. I love the cardinal and you and Jay look good too.

Page 70 of 112 (1680 items) « First ... < Previous 68 69 70 71 72 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use