Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 66 of 152 (2274 items) « First ... < Previous 64 65 66 67 68 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,273 Replies | 48 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,196
Points 18,410
weezee56 replied on Fri, Jul 18 2014 9:23 PM

Agnes, very cozy looking bedroom.

Deb cute bears.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,196
Points 18,410
weezee56 replied on Fri, Jul 18 2014 9:27 PM

Mamag Your honey bee wall hanging is so cute.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 835
Points 13,765

That's funny Springermom cause the dogs lay right inside the door of the sewing room. If the come in I tell them. This is a no hair zone they go back into the doorway. Today my 12 year old DD was sewing with me. That was fun. I do break up what I do in the projects. First day plan, shop, get organized. Day two cut & piece. Day three sew. Then day 4- however long sandwich & quilt. This one is still not finished I plan on hand sewing a primitive running stitch on the appliqué. I also used my scan n cut to cut all those petals. Normally I just cut them myself cause I'm not crazy about how the fabric cuts on it. I should have gotten the AquiQuilt go. The scan n cut is great for scrabooking. Cut paper really well. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,801
Points 123,045

Donna, your Honey Bee wall hanging is so bright and cheery.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Sat, Jul 19 2014 12:22 AM

Agnes your sleeping zone is really nice.  All the projects are pretty.  Your place sounds like one my quilting  friend had a apt. that was small and instead of a bed she had a day bed and it doubled as her sofa.  She had her sewing area set up where the bedroom should have been.  It worked perfect for her.  You are a very organized lady from the looks of things.  Looks great.

Joyce

from Maryland

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Sat, Jul 19 2014 12:23 AM

Deb that is so cute.  

Joyce

maryland

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,326
Points 30,140
Agnes replied on Sat, Jul 19 2014 12:28 PM

Joyce:
Agnes your sleeping zone is really nice.  All the projects are pretty.

Thanks, Joyce. At one point I thought of getting a day bed instead of just the bed. What I would have jumped at if I could have found it was a bed set up like we had in a staff hotel where I lived for a year. It was a regular twin bed on wheels. What made it special was that these wheels ran on a track. The back was built out at a comfortable slant, with fold up doors with compartments where the pillows and extra blankets were put during the day. The bed pulled out past this area for sleeping, yet during the day it was a comfortable sofa unlike a day bed you have to build up with cushions.

I could make the bedroom all sewing area if I was willing to open and close the sofa bed in the living room daily. Instead I have my zones. I just finished a bunch of photos to enclose with a letter to a friend. With those I can show you my quilting related zones.Sewing zone is on second long wall in bedroom. Living room has the ironing and cutting zone set up on the sideboard behind the recliner which is my handwork zone. I am showing the office/entertainment zone in the living room  because the unit in the middle also ties in with quilting. It ia an antique filing cabinet. Half the drawers hold patterns, templates, etc to do with quilting. The rest houses office related items, printer, scanner, etc.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 133
Points 2,035
stitcheraz replied on Sat, Jul 19 2014 12:36 PM

Agnes,

You have a great layout  organized.  Enjoyed seeing the Crossed Wing friends on your walls that are also on my walls.  Did you do that stitching as well?  What a talented lady!

stitcheraz

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,326
Points 30,140
Agnes replied on Sat, Jul 19 2014 2:01 PM

stitcheraz:

Agnes,

You have a great layout  organized.  Enjoyed seeing the Crossed Wing friends on your walls that are also on my walls.  Did you do that stitching as well?  What a talented lady!

stitcheraz

Thank you for your kind words. The only work that shows in the photos made by someone else is one small cushion made by a fellow quilter. So, yes, that was my stitching. I have recently given up cross stitch. The Thistle Stop has quite a story. I bought aida cloth at Fabricland, Joann's type store. Then I did dye painting on it. It was poorly woven and that made it even wonkier. I would package it, put it away, haul it out from time to time, on different occasions it ended up in the garbage can or on the garage sale table but always ended up being rescued. It went into hiding for almost two years when  I was nursing my hands to avoid surgery. Finally I found information about marking cross reference lines on the aida. I wasn't happy with the thread method so I tried children's washable markers. That was my solution to the problem. Before I really got going I also redesigned my stitching frame. I am very happy I persevered with it and finished it 2010. The other large bird stitching is the loons above the TV. That took me from 1992 to 1999, just stitching away a bit at a time. The winter scene is needlepoint which I did in 1970. It was the first and largest of the few  needlepoint works I have done.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,326
Points 30,140
Agnes replied on Sat, Jul 19 2014 2:07 PM

I won't say my talent rubbed off on DH but he became interested in intarsia after retirement. He used natural woods and we would help one another with color choices. Woods deviation was working with grain lines. I will showcase his most intricate work that is also evident on the wall. We both loved birds and had feeders. Here is the hummingbird.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,645
Deb replied on Sat, Jul 19 2014 2:19 PM

Agnes, you have a very nice place there! The hummingbird brought the "Wow" out of me!! It's a splendid piece of work!!!

Thanks, my friends for " cute " comments on the bear- puppy blanket! :)

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,801
Points 123,045

I'm in the process of quilting a project from a 2011 quilters retreat. Each quilter made blocks to share in a fall leaf theme.

As I quilt, I read the signatures on each block and remember the wonderful people I met for the first time. A few I haven't seen since but most I've connected with at other retreats. It's a rainy, dreary day here in the northwest corner of Washington state but working on this quilt, bringing back memories, is just making me feel so good.

It's only 3-1/2 months to the Oregon Retreat where I'll greet old friends and meet lots of new ones. Cannot wait.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Sat, Jul 19 2014 4:36 PM

Carol W:
I finished the quilt top for my mom's birthday!  And I have almost 3 months to get it quilted and bound.

WTG Carol. Well ahead of the game. Your top is beautiful. Your mother will love it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Sat, Jul 19 2014 4:45 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
I'm finally quilting my 94x108 leaf quilt, got about 15% of it quilted.

WTG Judy.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Sat, Jul 19 2014 4:47 PM

Deb:
Here's what I been working on... Have two done and several more cut out!

So cute. I love it Deb.

Page 66 of 152 (2274 items) « First ... < Previous 64 65 66 67 68 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use