Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 63 of 188 (2816 items) « First ... < Previous 61 62 63 64 65 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,815 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,226
Points 16,495
Susan replied on Wed, Jul 16 2014 11:47 PM

Patricia, Your quilt is stunning !!!  Beautiful work

Weezee, So glad to finally see what this row by row quilt is all about , I like all the rows.  Susan

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,226
Points 16,495
Susan replied on Wed, Jul 16 2014 11:50 PM

Agnes, Your dashing through the snow quilt is beautiful. I have never seen any thing like it before. great job !    Susan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,545
Points 417,024
gini replied on Thu, Jul 17 2014 12:41 AM

beautiful quilts patricia

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,545
Points 417,024
gini replied on Thu, Jul 17 2014 12:42 AM

weezee your row qulit is fun

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Thu, Jul 17 2014 7:25 AM

Then I took a wrong guess on the sailboat one.  My thought was from somewhere on the western side of the state.  And I just didn't know about the sunflower one.  That one I thought might beof from out of state somewhere.   They are all great.   Love the quilt.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,919
Points 41,040
ls2116 replied on Thu, Jul 17 2014 7:52 AM

I have my strips pressed for center on my colorwheel quilt now i'll attach them to the background and then comes the hard part for me sewing in the round can't remember ever doing that on a quilt wish me luck.

A neighbor has a young one needs a mending job on a crocheted blanket i'm gonna check the hole to see if i can help her out.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,713
Points 248,447
Thea replied on Thu, Jul 17 2014 7:56 AM

WeeZee - your row by row quilt with license plates is adorable.  I am glad you showed me a picture as I had no idea what all the talk was about - very nice.

Kris I am like you - love Crabapple - have more patterns that need to be done and one of these days... like someone else said when I am 150 I might have all the quilts done that I have wanted to do... I am presently quiting my blue and white quilt - silly me decided to put a butterfly design in the blocks - shame shame as it will take me over a week to put one in each of the finished blocks but when I get done it will be the Butterfly quilt instead of just the blue and white one... I got finished with Dog Park - just need to do the hand sewing part of the binding which when I am watching the race Sunday will do... and DDIL is supposed to be sending me the measurements so I can finish up the pants and do the belt for the one dress... Am on a break from clothes making as my head hurts trying sometimes to figure out the instructions - I think they write them for a very advanced sewer as they do confuse me... I muddle through...:)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Thu, Jul 17 2014 8:52 AM

Angele:
Agnes, I love your winter scene quilts. I have the through the woods one on my list.

Angele--Thanks. There is only one pattern, Over the River, for both my embroidery quilts. Dashing Through the Snow was the result of me marching to the tune of my own drummer. I do that a lot. lol

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Thu, Jul 17 2014 8:59 AM

I am losing track of all the comments on my quilt but I want each and every one to know that I appreciate them all. I believe this is by far the most treasured quilt I have ever made.

Weezee--The row quilt is coming along very nicely. I just love the Fall Leaves row. In fact that has spurred a new idea for a border on a quilt waiting in the wings.

There have been so many beautiful creations lately. I've been cutting my computer time back so I can fit everything else I want to do in my day that I may even be missing some. Lovely, lovely work.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 298
Points 4,875

Thea, Nancy's Notions has a quilt kit that immediately made me think of you... "Good Morning Heartland". Rooster, sunflowers, punkins', farm scenes, etc. 38"sq. You might want to take a look at it if you get a minute.  It is the style of wall hangings you love. Can just picture this over your kitchen table when you get moved in to your Minn. home! Something to work on while you wait for that to happen, then it'll be ready when you get there!!!   :)

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,713
Points 248,447
Thea replied on Thu, Jul 17 2014 9:38 AM

SpringerMom - thank you for thinking of me - if it didn't have the Rooster's I would have been truly interested.  I got my catalog yesterday and saw it on the cover.  I did buy some things though - a pattern to make no sew ornaments that caught my eye and a couple new rulers for cutting strip blocks into complex designs that was interesting to me.  I did buy a couple things for my SS recipient too - I saw the light switch plates - I love to change out the switch plates in our house to fancy ones like this and bought one for my new home.  It reminded me to tell DH to get out the plain ones and switch ours back as I really don't want to leave them here... I had a basketball one in my son's room along with the overhead fan that had blades to match... It was replaced a long time ago... but did get me to thinking!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,064
Points 21,365
Carol W replied on Thu, Jul 17 2014 1:19 PM

I finished the quilt top for my mom's birthday!  And I have almost 3 months to get it quilted and bound.

Carol W. in Arkansas

• | Post Points: 110
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,246
Points 19,420
weezee56 replied on Thu, Jul 17 2014 2:11 PM

Carol, very pretty. Your Mom will love it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,713
Points 248,447
Thea replied on Thu, Jul 17 2014 2:47 PM

Carol - your Mom is one lucky lady - that is a very pretty bright happy quilt.  I will pray that you are able to get it completely quilted and bound for her birthday.

I am asking all those who read this post to start praying for what is happening in the world today.  

We had two different significant news worthy events happen today that need our prayers.

A civilian plane was shot down over the Ukraine by a Buka Russian missile - 295 souls went to heaven today there - reported that possibly 23 of them were Americans.

Then Israel gave Gaza a 5 hour window to get supplies and get in their bunkers or out of Gaza if they could - a bararge started happening at approximately 3:15 our time Israel started invading the Gaza strip - it is live on Fox News channel if you can bear to watch it.

It has my heart just hurting so I am asking all who are here on QCA and reading to stop and pray - 

the Lord is listening and watching how we are reacting to what is happening... and prayers are the only answer I have right now - I pray that the world wakes up and comes to realize that we are all family and we need to love and take care of each other... no enemy or difference of opinion is worth this.  

it hurts to watch and know that this is happening!  I pray for all of those who think that they are better then anyone else that they wake up and smell the roses - we are all children of God and he wants us all to get along... so grow up and start doing it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,902
Points 69,325
Bonita replied on Thu, Jul 17 2014 4:09 PM

Beautiful Carol, your Mom will love it.

Page 63 of 188 (2816 items) « First ... < Previous 61 62 63 64 65 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use