Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 61 of 255 (3820 items) « First ... < Previous 59 60 61 62 63 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,819 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,863
Points 382,477
Kris replied on Tue, Jul 15 2014 4:44 PM

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:

Finished my DD Notting Hill Quilt

Nice work Donna.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,293
Points 20,410
weezee56 replied on Tue, Jul 15 2014 6:21 PM

Mamag great job on DD's Notting Hill Quilt,

I have been working on Row by Row. Need one more Licence Plate and the Name of the Row from Ann Arbor. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 170
Points 2,770

Agnes, I love your over the river quilt. I have the kit, I need to get started on it someday.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,719
Points 419,689
gini replied on Tue, Jul 15 2014 8:10 PM

my harry potter quilt is getting closer to finished.   all of the background and borders are quilted.   the only thing left is fussy quilting, binding and sleeve.  I need to go to town to get colored thread for the fussy quilting, so that's on hold.

I have my wildflowers on the wall ready to baste.  I got a lot accomplished today

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,669
Points 138,175

Gini, really looking forward to seeing your finished Harry Potter quilt. Maybe you'll bring to to Oregon retreat?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,719
Points 419,689
gini replied on Wed, Jul 16 2014 12:32 AM

I can do that for you judy

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 625
Points 13,235
tnmtgrl replied on Wed, Jul 16 2014 6:06 AM

OMG....GREAT quilts everyone!!!

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,347
Points 30,575
Agnes replied on Wed, Jul 16 2014 8:52 AM

Thea, Bonita, Judy, Barbara, Donna, Gini, Ginny, Springermom, Kris, Elaine, Jen--Thank you all for commenting on my quilt. I am so hooked on Crabapple Hill embroidery designs. It is the quilt design part of it where I deviate. I have my fabrics and patterns in place for my next two projects. I am working on a very simple winter hanging of my own design. When that is done I start the next CH.

Judy--Either one of the panels would make a lovely winter hanging.

As far as the pillow goes. It was not my original plan to make any. But a boo-boo led to improvising. My first strip of blocks was too long. Somehow I had erred on the side of scant 1/4' seam being only 3/16" so I set that aside to insert in the backing. Found I didn't like it there so removed it and pulled the blocks back to separate state. Oddly enough the sashing and border is the same fabric as the backing. I liked the single treatment with it. I had also made a few extra blocks to choose from so I could make up two cushions. No fabric left for stash but that's always my ultimate goal.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,347
Points 30,575
Agnes replied on Wed, Jul 16 2014 8:53 AM

Donna--Your quilt has such a nice crisp spring feeling about it.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Wed, Jul 16 2014 12:27 PM

Agnes I love your quilt.  Great work.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,719
Points 419,689
gini replied on Wed, Jul 16 2014 2:30 PM

wildflowers is basted.  it fell off the wall when I opened the doors and windows, so I had to start over. it is done now and waiting to be quilted.  I need to make another quilt sandwich to practice on.  the plan is to micro stipple, we'll see how that works out on the sample.  got a queen and a king trimmed and ready to bind, borders cut for a wool quilt.  see what happens when your car goes into the doctor and you have no wheels for a day.   I've put natalie McMaster on Pandora, that should pick up the pace a bit more.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,719
Points 419,689
gini replied on Wed, Jul 16 2014 3:01 PM

I think that when my machine is not sewing right I should always first assume it is operator error.   it started sewing really close stitches when I set it on 1/4 inch seam.  grrr.  I lengthened my stitch instead of troubleshooting.    I went to change my bobbin and the throat plate wasn't fully locked in.  set the throat plate in and she sews like a dream once again. 

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,669
Points 138,175

gini:
I should always first assume it is operator error

Boy, do I know what you mean!

I've started quilting the big 2011 retreat leaf quilt. I'm just doing a large all over meander.  I've done 8 out of 40 blocks so far.  I've taken a break to watch Let's Make a Deal with George and do some embroidery on Vintage Tin.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,156
Points 22,700

Hello everyone!

Agnes, beautiful work on  your Over the River Quilt & pillow.  Donna, love our Notting Hill Quilt.  The fabrics are beautiful.  

I haven't been on here for a while because I've been busy sewing for my sweet DIL and the new granddaughter that'll be here in October.  I finished the ruffled layered crib skirt, the curtains, & 2 pillows.  This afternoon I finished the matching baby quilt.  She & my son are in Pittsburgh, PA until the 26th so I have time to finish the crocheted booties & hats that she also requested I make.  I love sewing, crocheting & knitting so it is a labor of love.  

Here's a picture of the quilt.   My DIL said she will send me a picture once she gets everything in the baby's room.

I've also been working on my Love Entwined Coverlet  (Esther Aliu's Yahoo Group) & this morning sewed on the 2 completed top & bottom rows. Now I'm working on the sides.  I am enjoying this one so very much.  I continue to improve my appliqué skills too.  I'm signed up for a 2 day class in August on needle turn at one of the LQS.  Excited to learn that technique too.

Have a great week !

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,055
Points 251,237
Thea replied on Wed, Jul 16 2014 6:12 PM

Patricia - Beautiful work and one lucky Grandaughter to be!

Page 61 of 255 (3820 items) « First ... < Previous 59 60 61 62 63 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use