Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 59 of 76 (1139 items) « First ... < Previous 57 58 59 60 61 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,138 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 7:44 AM

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:

Thanks Springermom. I try to do as much as I can on my non sick days cause I never know when I'm going to get hit. 

Finished sewing the quilt top

Donna - awesome job!  This is the quilt for your daughter(right) - it is so happy looking and will put a smile on her face every time she looks at it.  You did a very very very nice job and so quick... I am truly impressed... I need to receive some of your energy from you - just a teensy bit so that I can speed up the finishing of the quilts as quickly as you do.  I have the 2 quilts to quilt and am balking at doing it so I am making clothes for my DGD.  Maybe this week!  You may have inspired me to pull them out and finish them... Good job!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 342
Points 6,740
tnmtgrl replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 7:50 AM

Thea:

Your Labrynth quilt is coming right along - so pretty - I truly like this quilt and when I first saw it in Keepsake magazine wanted to make one.  You have done a spendid job and I can't wait to see the borders that you decide on!  VEry very nice!

Thea, thank you for your compliment on my quilt. You should make one...I was surprised that such a complex looking pattern was so easy to make..it was a lot of fun to do.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 8:03 AM

tnmtgrl:
Thea, thank you for your compliment on my quilt. You should make one...I was surprised that such a complex looking pattern was so easy to make..it was a lot of fun to do.

I guess you missed my post about 10 pages back where I posted the pink and brown one I had made - I also made a blue and brown from that same fabric line - I then made another quilt that i can't remember the name of from that same designer - I had made all of them for the store that I was working at over 1 weekend - then taught the labynth quilt to two ladies - that was fun!  Yes have made it and made several other's of her patterns.  I own the blue and brown one but for the life of me can't find the picture of it and am not sure if it is here or if my son "stole" it from me... so many of my quilts end up at his house.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 654
Points 12,395
Michelle replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 8:40 AM

Ginny, I use the vinyl table cloth and also didn't have a wall so folded it lengthwise and threw it over the door coming into the sewing room. Now I have both sides of the door to use as a design wall. I like it better that way as if it's on the inside of the door you can't see it from the hallway and the room looks neater. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,188
Points 15,900
Susan replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 9:02 AM

Thea:
Judy, now you know that Halloween is my 2nd favorite holiday and that this little wall hanging belongs in my home
            Thea, When I saw this wall hanging  Judy made I was going to comment, that Thea would like this. So when I read your reply I had to chuckle. I thought it wasyour favorite holiday .  Susan 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 342
Points 6,740
tnmtgrl replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 9:09 AM

Thea:
I guess you missed my post about 10 pages back where I posted the pink and brown one I had made

So sorry Thea...I went back and looked...it's beautiful....I love pink and brown together...I sometimes don't get on for days because of work.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,188
Points 15,900
Susan replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 9:14 AM

Jen, Your Labrynth quilt is very nice . Please show us a pic when you get the borders on.

Katie, You sure are organized. I like Linda,s idea of a card table for you. as you can take i tdown when not needed and the fabric board idea is good, too. I used that board when I was short on space, it came in handy for me. Glad to see a younger quilter joining us here at QCA. Welcome !  Susan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 10:24 AM

Susan :
Thea, When I saw this wall hanging  Judy made I was going to comment, that Thea would like this. So when I read your reply I had to chuckle. I thought it wasyour favorite holiday .  Susan 

Susan - my favorite holiday is Christmas - that is why I started my Group Christmas all Year Long.  Halloween comes second because I love to decorate and hand out candy to the children.  Because of my DH I got my first cat when we first got married and have come to love them and Black cats at Halloween are just so dang cute and neat.  I have an 8' long one that sets on my front porch each year... although this year it will spend in the storage unit up in MN...:( .  My 3rd favorite is Thanksgiving - I am a very giving person and love to give thanks - I thank the Lord (or try to) each day for everything he has given me.  I don't have a ton of stuff but I am as comfortable as I need to be.  My 4th is Easter because it brings in Spring and the renewing of life and lots of conversations about our Lord who is always #1 in my life.  

I have more Christmas quilts than any other.  I have made every single one of the MR qults that she has designed for Christmas and the Hand Embroidered ones from Crabapple hill.  I am as I have always said a quiltoholic and can not sit still or actually a better way to represent it is that I can not sit quietly in my chair - when I am chair bound the hand embroidered patterns come out and I work on them... then when I am able to get up and about I ready myself for all the rest...

Today, after seeing Donna's finished quilt top, I readied my sewing space to start quilting Dog Park and my blue and white quilt.  I have a small area in my bedroom now so have to rearrange to do it... I had forgotten a couple quilts back and hadn't moved my scentsy container and got melted wax on the quilt while trying to quilt it... it was a mess that I had to deal with so this morning have moved it and everything off that little table so it doesn't fall on the floor - it is to the left of my sewing machine so is a little bit in my way.  I thought about moving the sewing machine over to where my chair is but thought - oh my - that is a lot of work this morning - so although that may happen in the future it isn't happening today... 

But Dog Park is pressed and on my sewing chair - my threads are out on the right side of my sewing table - I will next wind about 4 bobbins for the matching color to the backing and then soon I will be off and running on my FMQ of Dog Park... It is going to be another 100+ day outside so I will wait till late this afternoon to go out and sit under my tree and visit with my rabbit... 

For the moment - going to turn the small A/C unit in my room to cool it down - we have the house a/c unit on 80 to save on money and electricity and are using our small units in the specific rooms we are in... mine is actually off more then on but I worked up a "sweat" moving everything around and need to cool down...:)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 10:44 AM

Thanks for the suggestions, Thea, but I don't think that I can take any of them because I am also on coumadin for blood thinning..   The knee area is letting up on the excruciating pain now quite a bit.  I can only have it in a dependent position for about 10 minutes at a time now.   I need to make my soon- to- be 14 yo GGS a pillowcase, at least, for his birthday this weekend.     Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 10:49 AM

Thanks for the idea, Michelle.  I might try that.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 2:26 PM

Ginny:

Thanks for the suggestions, Thea, but I don't think that I can take any of them because I am also on coumadin for blood thinning..   The knee area is letting up on the excruciating pain now quite a bit.  I can only have it in a dependent position for about 10 minutes at a time now.   I need to make my soon- to- be 14 yo GGS a pillowcase, at least, for his birthday this weekend.     Ginny

Ginny - yes I read up on what you can take with Coumadin and see that this isn't in your wheel house  I have one other suggestion that might help you - it is a cream from Elemis spa@home - called instant refreshing gel - a body performance gel - muscle reviving body gel.  It doesn't have any anti inflammatories in it - it has arnica, birch and witch hazel with cooling camphor and menthol.  About 5 years ago now, DH and I, took a cruise to the Jamaica part of the world.  I had a full body massage while on the ship and you have to answer this long questionaire so that they know all about you.  I wrote about my RA and OA and degenerative disc disease plus the rest of my medical problems... the woman who talked with me before the massage recommended this gel.  It is a little pricey but oh my - it works so wonderfully well.  If DH was working right now I would buy it without looking behind me but with being on the budget we are on that isn't a possibility - but I do have at least one tube of it here - I just don't use it every day or lather it on every hurting muscle and I try to use the other creams that are prescription that my insurance pays for.  But this might be a plus for you.  I use it for my shin splints most often as nothing else seems to help them - besides wrapping them in my electric blanket and I just can't do that every day all day long.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,472
Points 362,082
Kris replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 3:55 PM

Katie:
I finally got pictures, guys!! Here's where I work and a sample shot of the quilt I'm working on for my grandmother.

Nice space you have there Katie. I like your bow ties. Grandma's a lucky lady.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,472
Points 362,082
Kris replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 4:18 PM

Made two block for LUS. This one goes on the front:

No fussy cutting (I'm using left overs from a FQ that was used in a previous block) just luck with the placement and size of the pieces. I have 19 more of these six inch blocks to make.

This one is a big one for the back:

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,034
Points 15,815
weezee56 replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 10:20 PM

Cute blocks Kris.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,472
Points 362,082
Kris replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 11:47 PM

Thanks Weezee.

Page 59 of 76 (1139 items) « First ... < Previous 57 58 59 60 61 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use