Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 58 of 120 (1794 items) « First ... < Previous 56 57 58 59 60 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,793 Replies | 47 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 270
Katie replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 8:49 PM

Awesome dresses, Thea!! I love them! 

Today I got my sewing area reorganized (ready for pictures lol) and purchased most of the fabric I will need for my next project. I finally got pictures, guys!! Here's where I work and a sample shot of the quilt I'm working on for my grandmother. It's a bowtie quilt made of more autumn colors: deep red to burnt orange to pumpkin orange to yellow/gold, then repeat. I'm so excited!! :) My cutting area is on the floor, I don't have enough space for another table in my bedroom at the moment. I'm trying to convince my parents to let me out some flannel up for a design board. I also got my first Omnigrid! I'm an official quilter now! (; 

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 270
Katie replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 8:51 PM

By the way, sorry if the pictures are ll huge and wonky. I'm on my cell phone browser so it's harder to tell. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 288
Points 4,705

Katie, your workspace is great, and so organized! Hopefully you'll get a table for cutting soon to save your back and knees. My design "wall" is a large rectangular, flannel-backed vinyl tablecloth that I just pinned up with push pins, flannel side out. I put several push pins along the top, and a few down the sides, corners, and bottom to keep it smooth. It's cheap, simple, and does the job for now. And, the vinyl helps keep its shape so it doesn't droop. Blocks stick nicely without pinning, but I do add some straight pins with colored heads to help hold the weight of a top that has been sewn together when I'm deciding about borders, etc. It gets heavier then, and you may need some pins to help with that. I keep several along the side edges and top of my wall so I can easily reach them when I need to pin.    

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 802
Points 12,980

Katie nice job on your sewing room. 

Springermom our design walls are similar. I used a table cloth & push pins also. 

No work other than quilt planning today. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,152
Points 17,665
weezee56 replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 11:58 PM

Katie, your quilting area looks great.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,781
Points 67,290
Bonita replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 4:45 AM

Katie, your quilting space looks nice and neat, wish mine was, your top is looking pretty too. You can use one of those tri fold boards that the kids use for their projects, just strech some flannel to the front and then tape it to the  back and when your done just fold it up and put it away. Not very big but would work in a small space.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 5:16 AM

Fantastic setup for your quilting, Katie  Quilt layout looking good.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 5:22 AM

They did a cat scan when I went in the 2nd time. I don't think that there was a blot clot since I am therapeutic on my coumadin.  They felt that is is a nerve irritation that should decrease as the swelling goes down. --And it does seem to feel that that is the problem.   It feels much better as time goes on- if I don't keep my leg down.   I see my primary care Doc. tomorrow.  We will see what her take is on it.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 5:25 AM

Springermom, I too have the tablecloth, but have no wall space to put it up that is anywhere near my sewing room.   So I haven't used it in the almost 2 years that I have had it.    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,374
Points 37,420
Linda replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 5:57 AM

Katie, your sewing room looks great! For a long while I used a card table for my cutting table. Beats getting down on the floor. Your bowtie quilt looks fabulous. Please post a photo when it's finished.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,481
Points 244,382
Thea replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 7:26 AM

Katie, Your sewing room is very organized.  Mine is that way whenever I start a new project but when I am involved in the project it gets very very busy.... right now I do not have a room but a corner of my bedroom.  It is okay though as long as I have room to sew I am a happy camper.  

I love the fall colors on your bowtie quilt that you are making - It will look awesome when you are finished - don't forget to give us some eye candy at that time - you have just given us the 1st course - I want the whole meal...teehee... have a great day!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,481
Points 244,382
Thea replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 7:31 AM

Ginny:

Oh my everyone has been chatty since I was on last..  I had  to go  back to ER as my pain was uncontrollable at home..  They feel that I have some nerve injury just below my knee since it is impossible to touch certain areas without excruciating pain.  They put me on 2 different pain pills to alternate every 2 hours.  Well I did that but then started heaving everything that I put down.  One of the pills didn't agree with me and I had to discontinue it.   Now I am just spending most of my time in bed sleeping.  

There will be no quilting done for now.  That upsets me as  was working on a quilt for my nephew and his new wife. 

Oh my, I have to go lay down due t the nausea.  Talk again when able.    Ginny

Ginny I am so sorry that you are hurting so bad - know that i have sent up prayers for a speedy recovery.  I hate when they give me a new medication and it doesn't agree with me - takes a little while to get that out of the system.  I had horrendous pain below my left knee this past January - my doctor diagnosed it as bursitis - at the same time I had pain in my right arm - he said that was tendonitis - he truly diagnosed me with olditis - that is when I almost hit him but knew he was just trying to make me smile as he knew and knows my pain is horrendous at times.  He gave me a topical cream called Voltaran - you can only get it by prescription but it is put right on the area - it did help me - but oh until the areas that were enflamed got better I was not a happy camper so to speak.  Do you take an anti-inflammatory - I take Mobic.  It is a sound anti-inflammatory that does not have many side effects and is tried and true for over 60 years or more.  

I hope you feel better soon and get back to working on that quilt for you nephew and his wife.  You are sweet to make them a quilt.  Praying for you!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,481
Points 244,382
Thea replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 7:32 AM

tnmtgrl:

got the top done except for borders, I am undecided about the size of the borders so I think I will take the top to my friends house so I can see it on her bed then maybe it will come to me....

Your Labrynth quilt is coming right along - so pretty - I truly like this quilt and when I first saw it in Keepsake magazine wanted to make one.  You have done a spendid job and I can't wait to see the borders that you decide on!  VEry very nice!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,481
Points 244,382
Thea replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 7:34 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:

I finished a Halloween wall hanging. This is one I downloaded from the EQ website into EQ7. It's actually a paperpiecing pattern but I did applique instead. Colors are odd. The background behind the spider is purple. I don't know where the pink splotches came from.

Judy, now you know that Halloween is my 2nd favorite holiday and that this little wall hanging belongs in my home.  It is so adorable - I love how the black cats are arching... You did a spendid job and I will be watching my mail box!  :)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,481
Points 244,382
Thea replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 7:40 AM

Joyce:
 It felt good to get a project finished off my list.  We were going to layer another quilt for me and like a dummy I forgot that I needed to sew the backing together.  I also had forgotten to do my friends but was able to get that done.  Sometimes I wonder where my mind goes. ha

Joyce - such a lot of work you accomplished.  I will never forget when Barbara drove down here and wanted to baste 10 quilts - yes I said 10 quilts - she had just 3 days to do them in and I told her we would be lucky to get 2 done as I can't do more then 2 in a 3 day period as it really stresses my body...

She also didn't have the backings made for ANY of them... She did get them done though - WE made backings and then I taught her how to spray baste one of them and I helped her with 2 more and then she was on her own.  We did a couple at my church where the tables can be put together but she did most of them in my house either on the pool table or my small kitchen butcher block table.  

Basting quilts for me is a JOB... I have problems with my breathing when I do them... so I applaud that you were able to get done what you did and look forward to see the quilt that you didn't get basted for yourself when you have it done and quilted.  

It is nice to have friends like you that are there to assist and help - goes much easier.

Page 58 of 120 (1794 items) « First ... < Previous 56 57 58 59 60 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use