Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 56 of 141 (2104 items) « First ... < Previous 54 55 56 57 58 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,103 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,728
Points 437,065
Nana replied on Sat, Jul 12 2014 10:38 AM

Elaine

I am glad you got some answers for your pain.  Prolapse can be really painful.  You will remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 822
Points 13,495

Oh my everyone has been very busy posting.  This group is just awesome that's all there is to say to everyone cause I can't remember everyone and type at the same time.  Way to go ladies.

Going to start sewing the Notting Hill Quilt now.  Have a great day everyone.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,562
Points 246,197
Thea replied on Sat, Jul 12 2014 12:41 PM

Elaine, How soon did they schedule your surgery for?  And I know I said it before, but I am only about 3 1/2 hours south of you and pain for me is an every day occurrence... so if you need a friendly face to help out while you are recovering - let me know!  Oh, I do hope that your surgery won't interrupt with our retreat in September... how wrong of me - but I want you there - it wouldn't be any fun if I couldn't have Elaine there - and Mary - Oh I do so hope you will be able to come.  I am thinking that since I will still be here in OK this fall that I will probably pick Barbara up and transport her up there - be driving the truck this time - not Jenny - we could fit you in - and Mary too - the bed doesn't have a cover yet - but we can put a tarp over all our stuff!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,881
Points 32,620
Roxana replied on Sat, Jul 12 2014 3:15 PM

Everyone's work is wonderful! Can't mention them all for fear I will miss one! You all are such an inspiration to me.

I've spent the day wrestling a twin long quilt trying to get it basted. it's been so frustrating, I dread the thought of quilting it right now. I think I am ready for a break but I want to get as much done as I can before DH gets home. At least he is bringing supper! Southern fried catfish..... sounds great right now...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,956
Points 368,407
Kris replied on Sat, Jul 12 2014 3:30 PM

Roxana:
I think I am ready for a break but I want to get as much done as I can before DH gets home. At least he is bringing supper! Southern fried catfish..... sounds great right now...

A break is always good Roxana. Your dinner sounds yummy. DH made fried chicken for us.

I didn't sew today but I visited three quilt shops. You know I'm not feeling well when I spent less than $30 total. LOL

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 289
Points 4,710

"Going to start sewing the Notting Hill Quilt now." Donna, I really like the top you've already completed. You are so fast! Your dtr will love it for the new baby... the fabrics are very pretty!

Saw you and your "granny" cart on the other forum... it really holds a lot! Wonder if Agnes has anything like that... she mentioned that she walks wherever she needs to go, including for groceries. What a big help that cart could be for so many purposes.

Carry on girl! You're a dynamo at the sewing machine!  :)

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,789
Points 122,735

Elaine Phillips:
My dr appointment had the result I was expecting. I have pelvic organ prolapse! A polite way of saying my in nerds are slipping! So surgery is in the future, just don't know when

Ugh Elaine. I have the same issue. Surgery will be in my future someday but, as far as I'm concerned, it'll be FAR in the future if I have anything to say about it.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,789
Points 122,735

I finished a Halloween wall hanging. This is one I downloaded from the EQ website into EQ7. It's actually a paperpiecing pattern but I did applique instead. Colors are odd. The background behind the spider is purple. I don't know where the pink splotches came from.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 607
Points 9,675
Joyce replied on Sat, Jul 12 2014 8:16 PM

Wow everyone has been so productive.  All the quilts and purse have turned out beautiful.  I can't remember each name (sr moment) but I sure enjoyed seeing them all.  

I worked with a friend today first to buy 3 tables for her home to layer quilts on.  Then we returned to her house and layered and spray basted a baby quilt she was working on then a full/queen size one I'm working on for a friend that has had health problems.  She just moved into a new apt. and hasn't been able to sew for over a year.  I put a border on the top & bottom of a quilt she had worked on.  Then we layered & spray basted it for her.  She is feeling more positive and energetic so she wants to hand quilt it.  I can't wait to take it to her.  It felt good to get a project finished off my list.  We were going to layer another quilt for me and like a dummy I forgot that I needed to sew the backing together.  I also had forgotten to do my friends but was able to get that done.  Sometimes I wonder where my mind goes. ha

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.  I will post some pics of wall hanging when I figure out how to get it f from my phone to here.

Joyce from

Maryland

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,805
Points 67,575
Bonita replied on Sat, Jul 12 2014 8:29 PM

So cute Judy, you really work fast.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,789
Points 122,735

Thanks Bonita

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 118
Points 2,030

Thea, surgery isn't scheduled yet, still have to see the surgeon, but I'm sure I will be ok to come to Iowa. I don't think recovery is too long with this. Mary has offered to help out, but I appreciate your offer. I told my 12yearvold granddaughter that she can come babysit me and feed me grilled cheese sandwiches! 

Judy, I would put it off longer too if I wasn't in so much pain.

Thanks, everyone for remembering me in your prayers. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,728
Points 437,065
Nana replied on Sat, Jul 12 2014 10:47 PM

Elaine

Hopefully the surgery will be soon so that you can be on the road to recovery quickly.   It doesn't take too long to recup from this surgery.  Unless they make an incision in the abdomen and then it can take several weeks.  But I know as healthy and active as you are you will be up and going in no time.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,956
Points 368,407
Kris replied on Sat, Jul 12 2014 10:53 PM

Judy Great wall hanging. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 822
Points 13,495

Thanks Springermom. I try to do as much as I can on my non sick days cause I never know when I'm going to get hit. 

Finished sewing the quilt top

• | Post Points: 65
Page 56 of 141 (2104 items) « First ... < Previous 54 55 56 57 58 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use