Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 55 of 76 (1131 items) « First ... < Previous 53 54 55 56 57 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,130 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,032
Points 15,775
weezee56 replied on Fri, Jul 11 2014 7:39 PM

Barbara your purse is beautiful. Love the colors.

Mamag Very pretty.

Thea, DGD outfit is so pretty.

I'm working on the Row by Row have 4 rows done and 4 more to go. Will post a picture in a few days.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,664
Points 37,560
ls2116 replied on Fri, Jul 11 2014 7:59 PM

wow there has been alot of progress in the quilting area.  I'm still trying to find my sewing machine, but really beautiful projects you all have done.  Hope you mend fast ginny.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Fri, Jul 11 2014 8:12 PM

deb, love your bookcase.  I'm quilting my harry potterbook case now.  it's turning out petty good.  so far I have done a tight meander in the background fabric.  I am waiting for my case of many colors to get here so I can start on the books.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Fri, Jul 11 2014 8:20 PM

Deb:

Thea , if you try to take a picture of the ol' pole cat.. Make sure you have lots of tomatoe juice on hand! :))

ladies .. I need some ideas on how to quilt this bookshelf top!! How would you quilt it?

I just got down to this post, deb.  I am doing a small meander in the background. it is looking good and the books and objects stand out pretty well.  I will do a wood grain on the bookcase and I have ordered some colored thread to do some outline quilting on the books.    I will do a feather stitch on the owls breast, add some green bubbles to the cauldron, etc.   I will treat each block as a separate entity after the background is done.   you don't have as much background showing as in my quilt, but I would still do something small in your background to make it recede more. 

your quilt is very nice I love all of your book fabric.

thea I missed you skunk pictures.  not an animal I would mess with, because it would be my luck to get squirted.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Fri, Jul 11 2014 8:23 PM

ginny I am sorry to hear about your owies.  get better quickly

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Fri, Jul 11 2014 8:25 PM

donna   I love your helicopters and oh my gosh, you have another one ready to put together.

thea, that outfit you've made for your DGD is cute as a button

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Fri, Jul 11 2014 8:27 PM

Barbara, cute purse

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 73
Points 1,190

I've just looked at everyone's posts today and all the work is awesome. 

My dr appointment had the result I was expecting. I have pelvic organ prolapse! A polite way of saying my in nerds are slipping! So surgery is in the future, just don't know when. 

Ginny, ouch is not the word for your pain. A loud scream is more like it. Get better soon.

thanks for your offer of help, Thea. You are too sweet. You have enough troubles of your own and you offer to help others. Awesome.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 191
Points 3,065
Deb replied on Fri, Jul 11 2014 8:41 PM

Thank you ladies for the input on quilting my top!!! ( and the nice complements)It's got my brain a rolling again with ideas!!:) it's gonna have to wait a day or two... Got one of those Migraines:(

Diane , all your hard work is wonderful!!! Enjoyed every picture.

Mamags, love your quilt top, The fabric is so pretty!

Barbara, sweet purse! Love the color!

Thea, the outfit is cute!!! You gonna take a picture of her in it?

wishing all a" Blessed Weekend"

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 270
Katie replied on Fri, Jul 11 2014 11:36 PM

I did around 20 blocks for the bowtie quilt I'm making for my grandma as well as finished figuring out the pattern for the quilt I'm making for my best friend. I'd upload some pictures but I'm slightly new to the board scene haha. Soon!! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,465
Points 362,017
Kris replied on Sat, Jul 12 2014 12:04 AM

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:
Ok here's the unveiling of the finished Helicopter Quilt. 

WTG Donna.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,465
Points 362,017
Kris replied on Sat, Jul 12 2014 12:06 AM

Elaine Phillips:
My dr appointment had the result I was expecting. I have pelvic organ prolapse! A polite way of saying my in nerds are slipping! So surgery is in the future, just don't know when. 

Glad you have and answer Elaine. Praying for you to get relief soon.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,465
Points 362,017
Kris replied on Sat, Jul 12 2014 12:09 AM

Ginny so sorry about your accident. Feel better soon.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,465
Points 362,017
Kris replied on Sat, Jul 12 2014 12:11 AM

I'm not going to catch up on everything so I'll say a big well done to all who posted projects. 

I made one more LUS block last night at work. Will be going to a new to me LQS later today.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Sat, Jul 12 2014 10:36 AM

Thank you for all the kind words on DGD's outfit.  I almost have the dress done from the same pattern.  I got to the last seam - have it all pinned together and had to stop - just ran out of energy.  I so wish my energy levels would climb climb climb - but I know right now the best thing is to take a break and rest - so in my chair with my feet up resting... I had been sewing since about 9 a.m. - so 2 1/2 hours was a long time.  This dress is a lot like the top for the pants but each ruffle is larger - I didn't have enough pins for the sections when you ruffle them so had to do it in sections... but it worked... where are those other pins I bought recently...:)  

I will cut out the next dress pattern later today!  It is going to be hot hot hot here in Oklahoma for the next 4 days - 100+... so no working outside for a few - I will go out and visit the rabbits and sit under my pecan tree and read each afternoon but not allowing DH to go out there and work - it is just too hot to do yard work so he will get a break maybe I can talk him into doing the mudding on the sheet rock in the pool table room... I can try!

Sending warm weather to all of you - lots of sunshine!

Page 55 of 76 (1131 items) « First ... < Previous 53 54 55 56 57 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use