Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 48 of 120 (1794 items) « First ... < Previous 46 47 48 49 50 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,793 Replies | 47 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,882
Points 367,007
Kris replied on Mon, Jul 7 2014 11:05 PM

Spudgrandma:
I worked on the block for lesson #3 on the EQ Jump start, it looks like I won't be completing that one, for some reason my machine threw a fit and ruined the blocks I was sewing so as far as I'm concerned it shall be an incomplete for this one. I'm not doing the square over, at least at this point.

Sorry your machine's acting up Spud. I hope it's a minor problem.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,294
Points 29,260
Agnes replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 7:10 AM

Kris--Thanks for sharing the info on the lenses. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,049
Points 20,985
Carol W replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 7:13 AM

SpringerMom:
you have to drag yourself to the LQS! That is such a bummer!  LOL

Yeah you are right.  The real bummer is I don't have a LQS within 50 miles of me!  All I have is Wal Mart and Hancocks.

Carol W. in Arkansas

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 264
Points 3,425

Good morning, friends,

Well, company is gone and everything is cleaned up and put away.  I finally got the time to post my 4th of July table runner.  Everyone love it and for a little bit, I thought it was going to walk out the door secretly.

Now, back to a Christmas quilt that my DH is wanting to sleep under this Christmas.  He helped design it so that explains the hurry factor.

Happy quilting today, everyone!

Barbara

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 8:29 AM

Love your July table runner.  I made one like tis about 4 or 5 years ago, but in greens and whites with a star center block so it would look like Christmas trees.  Gave it to my DB and SIL for Christmas.  They loved it.   Ginny

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,049
Points 20,985
Carol W replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 8:29 AM

Your table runner is beautiful Barbara!

Carol W. in Arkansas

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,882
Points 367,007
Kris replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 9:50 AM

Barbara in Colorado:
finally got the time to post my 4th of July table runner. 

Very pretty.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,152
Points 17,665
weezee56 replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 10:07 AM

Barbara in Colorado:
my 4th of July table runner
Very pretty.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 10:16 AM

Nana:
I don't remember saying your first choice was bad.   Anxiously awaiting your new design.   I remember you were working with lots of purples.

you gave me "that look" and said it was too busy.   you were right.  sam didn't know why he didn't like it, but he was emphatic about not liking it.  though he wasn't too happy when I started over and couldn't golf with him every day.

agnes and thea,  love your pictures. 

Barbara, great table runner.   I don't know why I don't make more of those instead of quilts, I would get a lot more projects done.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 10:33 AM

here is my new challenge quilt.  sam likes it much better than the first one.   the only purple quilting threadI had at the studio was gutterman.   the thread broke every 3-5 inches.  I am so done with guttermann threads.   I don't understand why they will piece just fine, but as soon as I start to free motion with them they shred and break, even when I am going at a snail's pace.   the quilting with the white thread was aurifil and went just fine.   I added the paint sample that I was supposed to use for my colors. we could only use those colors plus two more.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 140
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 264
Points 3,425

Thanks, everyone for the nice comments on my table runner.  I love making these because I get more done especially using my stash and I love decorating with them with each season and/or holiday.

Gini, your wall quilt is so lovely.  Great job!

Link, I really like your fabric combination.  This contrast will be an outstanding quilt.

Love the pillow cases.  I had never heard of the hot dog method for making cases, but am looking forward to trying the method.

Barbara

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 12:08 PM

Gini

The iris is gorgeous.  I love this one ...  perfect choice.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,294
Points 29,260
Agnes replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 12:40 PM

Gini--Love, love that wall hanging. great job.

Barbara--Nice patriotic table runner. 

When I made the decision to no longer decorate for holidays and very limited for seasons I also ended up no longer doing the smaller projects. Since then I have also turned to embroidery to use with quilts and that slowed down the quilt making process. Just came from the post office with my order of four new embroidery projects, one a table runner, the rest all quilts. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,861
Points 32,300
Roxana replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 1:15 PM

Gini - I love the Iris wall hanging. Beautiful.

Barbara --- Great table runner. Love it!

I have spent the day adding borders to my Razorback quilt. One more round and then to work on the back and the sandwich. Baby steps!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 468
Points 9,130
Pat A replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 3:32 PM

Gini, love the iris wallhanging.  Very nice!

Barbara, very nice table runner.  I have a big file of table runners.  One of these days I might get around to making one.  Don't know why I haven't because I really like them.

Pat A. in KY

Page 48 of 120 (1794 items) « First ... < Previous 46 47 48 49 50 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use