Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 46 of 97 (1454 items) « First ... < Previous 44 45 46 47 48 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,453 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,069
Points 16,380
weezee56 replied on Sun, Jul 6 2014 10:49 AM

Agnes:
My final shot
Your roses are beautiful.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,327
Points 241,652
Thea replied on Sun, Jul 6 2014 12:22 PM

Agnes, You are a woman after my own heart - I have been doing the same for years now.  I love having my camera with me and taking pictures.  It is so nice now to have digital - I remember trying to do it with my 35m Minolta and having to get those films developed.  I have some beautiful pictures from my time in Croatia that I need to get scanned in to my computer.  Plitviche National Park was awesome - you would love it - butterflies everywhere and it had about 22 waterfalls in it.  I loved walking there - getting away from the war so close by and the solitude of the Park.  I went there as often as I could while I was over there.  It makes you see things differently.  I took a picture 2 years ago of the bear cubs out at a park we were at in SD in the badlands that i want to turn into a wall hanging.  All the bear cubs were climbing up this one tree and falling out from the branches and fighting for their spot... It sure is fun today with the digital cameras .. I think you have the same camera as mine... I have a Canon Rebel EOS T 31.  It was my Christmas present to myself 3 years ago - I have 2 different lenses - I love the zoom lens as I can be about 50 feet away and bring itmes in close and personal.  So much fun...

I took this picture of Redrum - my 14 year old red/white cat - he was looking up in the tree watching a squirrel I think.....

My kitties are great subjects for me.  This is one of my favorites recently of the cats... I took this next one of Blue under the Pecan tree and captioned it - "why did Dad put that shovel up against the tree"...

Blue is my DH's favorite - he loves bluetip siamese.  I have this one cut in close to Blue's face and at one point he did turn and look at me but this was my favorite - cuz he is looking at that shovel just trying to figure out why it is there...

Doing photography would have been a job I would have liked to have done and I have taken 1000s of pictures over the years.  It is fun the things you capture... I was taking pictures yesterday that I haven't downloaded to my computer yet - but am hoping that i got some good ones of this dragon fly that was holding on for dear life to a branch hanging from the weeping willow as the wind was gusting about 30kts.  I was sitting back under my pecan tree about 20' from where the rabbits are - I am trying to get them used to my scent so that maybe by the end of summer they will let me touch them... I go out there and read my kindle - and happened to look over and see this dragon fly - if I caught him in a good picture I'll post it... 

Kind of fun - maybe Agnes you and I should start a thread of our pictures?!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,703
Points 364,327
Kris replied on Sun, Jul 6 2014 1:44 PM

Nana:
I picked out fabrics for a Storm at Sea and a Shakespeare in the Park quilt.  Does that count as working on a quilt???  LOL>   I have so many projects to get done that I don't know which one to do next...LOL

It has to count.

I've been doing a lot of looking but not much sewing. I went to the LQS yesterday and collected my row for the "Row by Row Experience". I don't know why I bothered because I'm sure I'm not going to visit many more shops.

I did make a block for the EQ sew along that I plan to use on the back of my LUS quilt.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,703
Points 364,327
Kris replied on Sun, Jul 6 2014 1:46 PM

Agnes and Thea great photos. Thanks for sharing.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,327
Points 241,652
Thea replied on Sun, Jul 6 2014 2:02 PM

Kris - you are doing that block for the backing?  Or did I misread your post?

thank you for the complement... I got a few good ones of the dragonfly but didn't get the one with the tree branches blowing horizontally I hope he didn't get blown away...

this next picture is not sideways - it is the same branch the dragon fly was on but I can't find him...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,703
Points 364,327
Kris replied on Sun, Jul 6 2014 2:19 PM

Thea:
Kris - you are doing that block for the backing?  Or did I misread your post?

Yes it's going on the back with eight others. It is a 24 inch block.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 584
Points 9,260
Joyce replied on Sun, Jul 6 2014 3:24 PM

Nana that is beautiful.  How long did it take you to make?  It looks so difficult.  I do queen size quilts I can't imagine a king.  The queen about break my arms & back.  I work a little at a time when I have one going.  I need to find someone that quilts and hire them.  I have about 10 or 12 that need quilted.  I did finish one in April for my DGD.  Since then I finished 2 wall hangings last week.  Now I need to figure out how to get the pics from my phone to here.

Oh Nana it is good to see you posting again.

Joyce

Maryland

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,273
Points 28,840
Agnes replied on Sun, Jul 6 2014 4:00 PM

Thea:
I think you have the same camera as mine... I have a Canon Rebel EOS T 31

Close, Thea, but not quite the same. I have a Canon Rebel EOS SL1. Can't see what the differences are by quickly checking Canon's site. We probably have the same lenses. Maybe we should check with Rachael to start a new thread seeing as it would be photos of nature and not quilting. Just love it and the pleasure. I use the camera to get my exercise. Grab it and I'm off. Good to work the kinks out of the neck and back.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,327
Points 241,652
Thea replied on Sun, Jul 6 2014 4:10 PM

I found a page that does 1 vs the other...

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-Rebel-SL1-vs-Canon-T3i

Only real difference I see is that yours is lighter then mine... hmmmm... I could go for that less weight...:)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,273
Points 28,840
Agnes replied on Sun, Jul 6 2014 6:01 PM

Thea:
I could go for that less weight...:

I was pleasantly surprised with the weight. The weight of the 35 mm was one of the reasons I dragged my feet for some time before deciding to get the camera. I'm so glad I went ahead. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 743
Points 11,770

Wow look at all our great photographers. Unfortunately I don't posses that talent. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,339
Points 36,780
Linda replied on Sun, Jul 6 2014 6:37 PM

I'm suppose to be working on the wall hanging that should be in tomorrow's mail for next weekend's family reunion. Does that tell you what I'm not doing? I just have to sew the binding to the back and here it's 8:30 pm and I think I've done about 6 stitches on it today. You can guess what I'll be doing instead of sleeping tonight. Think I'll get into my jammies and get comfortable in my favorite arm chair and turn on Hallmark channel. They are having Christmas in July this week....right along with the fabric shops!!! I think one movie should do it. I just might make tomorrow's mail. Wish me luck.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 743
Points 11,770

Linda you crack me up. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Sun, Jul 6 2014 10:59 PM

due to nana and sam, I  have been very busy.   neither of them liked my challenge quilt, so after sam gave one more not-so-glowing review of it,  I bagged it.   now he is complaining that I am not spending time with him.  I have completely redone another challenge quilt from drawing it to nearly completed, just a few hours of quilting left.  I started last Wednesday.   I took a break yesterday.  sam came home, just when I had resewn the same seam for the third time.  I went golfing with him.  my game sucked, but I was able to trouble shoot sam's game and put him on the right track.   that was enough of a break to get me back on track.  i'll snap a picture tomorrow.

I have already given sam the word,  now it is your turn, nana,  you will tell me how wonderful this new quilt is, right?    whether it is crappy or not, right?   I don't have time to do another, it is due on Tuesday.  so only positive thoughts should  come my way.   ohmmmmm.   ohmmmmm.   it's an early night for me tonight so I can get quilting bright and early in the morning.

sam is leaving Wednesday so maybe I can get a good start on the HP quilt before he gets home. I have two quilts to quilt this month for our guild show,   and I am doing a micro background stitch on one of them that  takes a lot of time.

now to get to bed before I decide to add more applique to my challenge quilt.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Jul 6 2014 11:51 PM

Gini

I don't remember saying your first choice was bad.   Anxiously awaiting your new design.   I remember you were working with lots of purples.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 46 of 97 (1454 items) « First ... < Previous 44 45 46 47 48 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use