Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 45 of 71 (1055 items) « First ... < Previous 43 44 45 46 47 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,054 Replies | 32 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,251
Points 28,340
Agnes replied on Sat, Jul 5 2014 9:05 AM

Thea:
Agnes, I can't wait to see your gull picture - you left me in suspense.

For you, Thea--All I did to the photos is re-size them. The photo of the three were flying up because traffic was coming and disrupting their lunch. I was pleased to see their shadows on the road. The one flying overhead was pretty close and with the telephoto lens came out beautiful in my opinion.

I caught the overhead one while trying to capture a sailboat on the bay.

I just love the ripples on the water. I cropped this photo.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 65
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,020
Points 15,565

Agnes love seeing your pictures.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,251
Points 28,340
Agnes replied on Sat, Jul 5 2014 12:16 PM

Thanks, Weezee, I love taking and then playing with them. Most of all I love sharing them.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,735
Nana replied on Sat, Jul 5 2014 12:35 PM

Agnes I love your photos.  The gull pics are great.  Thanks for sharing.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,242
Points 239,757
Thea replied on Sat, Jul 5 2014 12:56 PM

Agnes, Thank you so very much.  I miss living on the water so very much.  It so reminds me of the last time I saw my Dad. Your Gull picture is wonderful!  Thank you!

Working on the yard all morning - got the side almost cleaned up - 15 years of limbs and stuff.... DH is finishing it up - I just ran out of juice... almost 100 degrees out there now - I love the heat but I can't work in it... I worked for about 3 hours out there as soon as the sun came up... I'll do it Mon and Tues and then the tiller should be here and we can start tilling and laying down grass seed and fertilizer on that side... When we get that done, we will work on the north side... Not too much left to do there but rake it again and get all the junk put in the truck to take to the dump... 

This body is worn out... I did do some sewing real early this morning... I quilted the pieces for the purse I am making... I hope to work on it more this evening... so much to do...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,242
Points 239,757
Thea replied on Sat, Jul 5 2014 12:56 PM

Agnes, I wanted to say that all I do to my photos is resize them too... the camera does all the hard work.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,671
Points 65,735
Bonita replied on Sat, Jul 5 2014 1:24 PM

Agnes, that's some snazzy shooting. Wonderful picture of thegull in flight. Pretty bloue color of the bay.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,735
Nana replied on Sat, Jul 5 2014 4:00 PM

I picked out fabrics for a Storm at Sea and a Shakespeare in the Park quilt.  Does that count as working on a quilt???  LOL>   I have so many projects to get done that I don't know which one to do next...LOL

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,477
Points 46,525

Yes Nana, that counts. We are very liberal here on what constitutes "working on a quilt", roflol.

I pieced the blocks for a baby quilt and have them up on my design wall.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 253
Points 4,200

Today I finished cutting strips and subcutting into blocks for HST's, and cutting additional pieces for the block settings. I don't much care to make HST's. I'm going to try spraying the blocks lightly with Best Press, press lightly and let them thoroughly dry before I start working with them. Hopefully the added body will make them more stable so they turn out more accurately. I thought about cutting a second project so I could have something else to go to when tired of the other. But.. ran out of time.   

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,251
Points 28,340
Agnes replied on Sat, Jul 5 2014 9:13 PM

I am having a fabulous time with a super quality camera after about 8 years using a cheap digital. I don't leave the house without it unless I am going to the grocery store. My conveyance is walking and I don't need to worry about the camera while hauling my groceries down and hill to lake level and then back up again. 

I am working on a quilt like a woman possessed. I joined a challenge on another forum to finish a quilt in July. Had to be started in 2013 or sooner so I had only my Dashing Through the Snow that qualified. I thought i was almost ready to quilt. Because of the challenge I am timing myself. It took me over 12 hours, four of them today, to reach that stage. Plan to start the quilting tomorrow. I'm awaiting my next two Crabapple Hill patterns and I am already redesigning Vintage Tin before it ever arrives.The large embroidery panels will be largely unchanged but everything else is fair game.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 253
Points 4,200

Your photos are beautiful, Agnes! You feel as though your could reach out and touch the gulls caught in flight. Wonderful! Perhaps you can capture some of the photos on fabric one day.

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,461
Points 116,610

Agnes:
I am already redesigning Vintage Tin before it ever arrives.The large embroidery panels will be largely unchanged but everything else is fair game.

Agnes, I'm going to be looking forward to what you come up with. I've also redesigned Vintage Tin. Ain't it fun! LOL 

I still have to decide what I'm going to do with the top panel. I'm trying to come up with vintage scenes from this area which is mostly fishing, logging, farming. I have some images I found on Google images and George will try to make them work. I told him they need to be in the same style as the rest of Vintage Tin so it's kind of stretching him from his usual style.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 690
Points 10,765

Agnes you are the mad quilter with an added bonus of being a great photographer also. So inspiring. Thank you. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,251
Points 28,340
Agnes replied on Sun, Jul 6 2014 9:10 AM

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:

Agnes you are the mad quilter with an added bonus of being a great photographer also. So inspiring. Thank you. 

Thank you to all who have commented on my photos. I really love capturing the various scenes. It also is good to get me walking and not thinking of the quilt at home because I am now involved with another art form. I had no idea how much fun this camera would give me. When I had my 35 mm I still had a lot of work obligations so I wasn't free to just pick up the camera and shoot. Also I have never lived in this proximity to a  fair sized body of water that offers a lot of photo opportunities at moment's notice. Now with the much improved camera I am having a blast. It is also amazing how much more aware I am becoming of what I miss when I focus on a single pinpoint.

Last night I saw a rose bush. I started by taking a general shot and by about the sixth shot zeroing in closer all the time I ended up with a shot that showed two buds, yet looking at the bush I only saw one. 

Not the first shot but one of the earlier ones.

My final shot

I am finding I am seeing more detail in my quilts as my eye is being retrained with photography. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

Page 45 of 71 (1055 items) « First ... < Previous 43 44 45 46 47 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use